ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 04:23 AM   #871
FreeTheBeast
Chocks away!
 
FreeTheBeast's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: +1.603
Oddometer: 2,837
Cool2 Nice ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
Have you ridden the bike already? What do you think of it?
I have ridden it about 200 miles now. And so far, there is nothing this bike lacks from the 1200 Adventure. There is plenty of power in the F8. Handling is good. Comfort is excellent. It's all good. I'm sure I would like the extra fuel carrying capacity of the GSA, but that is a minor inconvenience (I hope). I'll put a Roto-pax gallon jug on the lid of the top case for those longer treks into the wilds.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MZcountryboy View Post
I'm callin' you out here. Do you really expect us to believe this?


Hmmmm. You're probably right!
__________________
Think beyond yourself.

~ap blog
Max the Motorcycle - children's book written by Mrs. FTB
SmugMug Photo Gallary
FreeTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #872
dresda
shut up and RIDE!
 
dresda's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: South Eastern Shore of Ontario
Oddometer: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTheBeast View Post
I have ridden it about 200 miles now. And so far, there is nothing this bike lacks from the 1200 Adventure. There is plenty of power in the F8. Handling is good. Comfort is excellent. It's all good. I'm sure I would like the extra fuel carrying capacity of the GSA, but that is a minor inconvenience (I hope). I'll put a Roto-pax gallon jug on the lid of the top case for those longer treks into the wilds.
We find we have to stop for fuel after about 340kms with ours, Mike gets about 40 kms less per tank than I do. No idea if this is because he weighs 100lbs more than I do or if its the difference between the '800' and the '650'.
__________________
Stephanie
'01 Suzuki DR650 (Patsy Q), '11 VW Golf TDI Wagon
'....and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen, incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant, poisoned, electric head. ' from My Pink Half of the Drainpipe by Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band.
dresda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:28 AM   #873
ecarnell
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ecarnell's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTheBeast View Post
I have ridden it about 200 miles now. And so far, there is nothing this bike lacks from the 1200 Adventure. There is plenty of power in the F8. Handling is good. Comfort is excellent. It's all good. I'm sure I would like the extra fuel carrying capacity of the GSA, but that is a minor inconvenience (I hope). I'll put a Roto-pax gallon jug on the lid of the top case for those longer treks into the wilds.





Hmmmm. You're probably right!
What is the max fuel range required for the RR?
__________________
2014 KTM 500 EXC
2011 KLR
2012 Dacre Challenge -Team Explore the Bruce - 8th (i.e last) Place. 17:59
ecarnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:30 AM   #874
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!
 
juames's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Oddometer: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecarnell View Post
What is the max fuel range required for the RR?
200km...more info coming next week after registration closes.
__________________
Roaming Rally 2011RR2012 RR2013 RR14& Canadian Rally Challenge
"I don't hate people...I just feel better when they are not around." - Henry Chinaski
juames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:47 AM   #875
go2cnavy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
go2cnavy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Newport, RI
Oddometer: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by juames View Post
200km...more info coming next week after registration closes.
I better watch my wrist action on the 990 or bring some extra fuel to be safe.
__________________
Current Stable
- 2007 990A
- 2005 CRF450R - plated
- 1992 250 EXC
go2cnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #876
akarob
Green Cantern
 
akarob's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Skuncasville, CT
Oddometer: 7,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by go2cnavy View Post
I better watch my wrist action on the 990 or bring some extra fuel to be safe.
That's only 124 miles. That porky pumpkin will get 180, but I guess that doesn't allow for too many miles in the wrong direction.
akarob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #877
go2cnavy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
go2cnavy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Newport, RI
Oddometer: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
That's only 124 miles. That porky pumpkin will get 180, but I guess that doesn't allow for too many miles in the wrong direction.
I have never acheived that long of a range. I can't image you getting that range either the way you flog the 450 around in the dirt.
__________________
Current Stable
- 2007 990A
- 2005 CRF450R - plated
- 1992 250 EXC
go2cnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #878
skypilot
I Roam therefor I am
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Oddometer: 634
Doesnt allow for fuel spent playing U-Boat commander either :-) Hopefully we wont get that wet again this year though

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
That's only 124 miles. That porky pumpkin will get 180, but I guess that doesn't allow for too many miles in the wrong direction.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #879
2twisted
GoodNYou
 
2twisted's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Sebago Lake Me
Oddometer: 2,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
I admire the guy that rode a moped to Prudoe bay too. I Dont think he was doing anything other than proving it could be done though.
I should point out though that that admiration wouldent match that for what it took to get a Moped to Prudoe. So your glory would fall somewhere just short of a guy on a moped !


I met these 2 guys camping in Denali they had just gotten back from Prudhoe on the these Mopeds hauling trailers, top speed was like mid 20's, home made seats and enough gear to rebuild the motors (which they did) and replace the brakes... they shipped the bikes to Anchorage and then rode them up and back, all I could think of was "that must have been a slow f'n trip.

They were throwing back a few whiskeys and telling it over, was a little nervous after I had told them about the Brown bear in camp when we had arrived.


Oh.... and is it June yet ?





2twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #880
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!
 
Boatman's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Petersburg, NY and Woodbridge, VA
Oddometer: 9,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by go2cnavy View Post
I have never acheived that long of a range. I can't image you getting that range either the way you flog the 450 around in the dirt.

You need to get that bike checked out. On my Adv I get ~160 before the low fuel light comes and then another 30 miles. My SE around 100 for the fuel light. I . don't baby either bike.
__________________
08 KTM 950 SE, 08 KTM 950 SE, 04 KTM 950 ADV, 10 Husaberg FE390, 66 Kawasaki B8S Super 150

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #881
skypilot
I Roam therefor I am
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Oddometer: 634
20+mph isnt that slow when you are on the Haul Road with the suspension equivelent of two Click pens! These two maybe insane, but they are tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2twisted View Post


I met these 2 guys camping in Denali they had just gotten back from Prudhoe on the these Mopeds hauling trailers, top speed was like mid 20's, home made seats and enough gear to rebuild the motors (which they did) and replace the brakes... they shipped the bikes to Anchorage and then rode them up and back, all I could think of was "that must have been a slow f'n trip.

They were throwing back a few whiskeys and telling it over, was a little nervous after I had told them about the Brown bear in camp when we had arrived.

skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #882
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait
 
UngaWunga's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: NH
Oddometer: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
I . don't baby either bike.

lol
__________________
"There isn't any secret," he said. "It's all very obvious."
UngaWunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #883
Xmoto
Death Race
 
Xmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Schodack,NY
Oddometer: 2,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
You need to get that bike checked out. On my Adv I get ~160 before the low fuel light comes and then another 30 miles. My SE around 100 for the fuel light. I . don't baby either bike.
Same for me. But I don't have my se anymore .
__________________
Opinions are like butt holes. Everyone has one and there's is the only one that doesn't stink.
Xmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #884
go2cnavy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
go2cnavy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Newport, RI
Oddometer: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoto View Post
Same for me. But I don't have my se anymore .
I get around 130 miles before the light comes on. I'm guessing I could go another 30ish.

That's it...I just installed my Rotopax and I am going ot run this beotch out of gas to see how far she can go


















When it warms up
__________________
Current Stable
- 2007 990A
- 2005 CRF450R - plated
- 1992 250 EXC
go2cnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #885
FreeTheBeast
Chocks away!
 
FreeTheBeast's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: +1.603
Oddometer: 2,837
Cool2 Planning...

The time-off request has been submitted.

Windscreen installed.


Awaiting June...


__________________
Think beyond yourself.

~ap blog
Max the Motorcycle - children's book written by Mrs. FTB
SmugMug Photo Gallary
FreeTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014