ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #1066
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTheBeast View Post
I blame Emmbeedee for my recent Garmin Montana purchase. My StreetPilot 2610 is about 9 years old. Time for an upgrade. So, I got the Montana 650t for that upgrade and more specifically for this adventure in June. Canada topo maps are a required addition. I don't like being lost. I certainly don't like being lost in the wilds with lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Well, at least bears and big cats. So, now I'm off to read Mike's thread on the features of my new toy.

Do you people realize I have traded a motorcycle for a new one and purchased new electronics mainly based around this ride? Of course, a lot of the riding I like to do is all very similar to this, but this is a bloody good reason!

Never forget you started the Roaming Rally...so you've only yourself to blame

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #1067
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
I blame Emmbeedee for my recent Garmin Montana purchase.
Do you people realize I have traded a motorcycle for a new one and purchased new electronics mainly based around this ride? Of course, a lot of the riding I like to do is all very similar to this, but this is a bloody good reason!

Blame blame blame....

Gee I wish I had those problems....

Can't you transfer files wirelessly between 2 montana?
shipwrek12001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #1068
go2cnavy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Quote:
I hear ya. I've farkled the piss out of mine in anticipation. I'd have done it all eventually, but this winter has been an expensive non-riding season prepping. The bad part is, I'm not even sure I'll keep the 990 through the end of next year. I've had my eyes on a 640 forever.
go2cnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #1069
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by go2cnavy View Post
I hear ya. I've farkled the piss out of mine in anticipation. I'd have done it all eventually, but this winter has been an expensive non-riding season prepping. The bad part is, I'm not even sure I'll keep the 990 through the end of next year. I've had my eyes on a 640 forever.
Hell, for the money you've spent on 990 farkles, you could have bought a used 640. I know it's not my call, but I say keep it. You have it set up very well and you ride it equally as well. The 990 is the cat's ass when the trail smooths out too. It goes from big trail bike to road warrior somewhere around the middle of 3rd gear. Such a nice machine. We still have to agree on our team name too. Who was our team Captain again?

I ordered my luggage racks today. That was a major item checked off the list.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #1070
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwrek12001 View Post
Can't you transfer files wirelessly between 2 montana?
You can, but not large files. Routes, tracks, waypoints, pictures, that kind of thing. And not just between Montanas. Between the Montana/Oregon/Dakota/62/78, but not the base models of each as they omit the wireless transfer, usually. All the Montana models have it, though.
Emmbeedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #1071
Tammy
Team 2nd Wind

Oddometer: 1,454
Quote:
I blame Emmbeedee for my recent Garmin Montana purchase. My StreetPilot 2610 is about 9 years old. Time for an upgrade. So, I got the Montana 650t for that upgrade and more specifically for this adventure in June. Canada topo maps are a required addition. I don't like being lost. I certainly don't like being lost in the wilds with lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Well, at least bears and big cats. So, now I'm off to read Mike's thread on the features of my new toy.

+1 on blaming Mike tho my real reason is i just like to piss my money on bike stuff
AMA / CJCR / ECEA
In a world that what we want is only what we want until it's ours
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #1072
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 933
Quote:
I know of two 640's for sale if anyone is interested

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #1073
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
+1 on blaming Mike tho my real reason is i just like to piss my money on bike stuff
Hey, doesn't everyone like to piss away their money on bikes and gear? There's always one more thing to get...
Old 02-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #1074
Gone-Native
XPLORER

Oddometer: 1,193
Quote:
You haven't been able to ride?

Meanwhile in VT

I guess it's not quite June.....
Old 02-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #1075
Adventure MotoX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
That's more like it!
I was just thinking... what's with this June thing anyway? I'm hitting the trails as soon as ground frost is done!

www.AdventureMotoX.com
Adventure MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #1076
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioe6 View Post
That's more like it!
I was just thinking... what's with this June thing anyway? I'm hitting the trails as soon as ground frost is done!
Not really a good idea. The damage your tires will make to the trails is just not worth it. Stay on roads for a while.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #1077
Adventure MotoX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
Not really a good idea. The damage your tires will make to the trails is just not worth it. Stay on roads for a while.
That's what I mean.... as soon as the ground is in good health. :)

www.AdventureMotoX.com
Adventure MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #1078
Gone-Native
XPLORER

Oddometer: 1,193
I just wish I could afford a "little" bike to put my Trelleborgs on best trail riding is right now!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #1079
tomatoe333
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,233
Quote:
I haven't quite gone that far, but I did a bunch of mods to my bike, including completely different front forks and fender, due to the first year's ride. And due to last year's, I'm looking at dropping a grand or so on a rear shock upgrade, so she doesn't keep bottoming out on those amazing Canadian trails.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #1080
eugeneorange
that's gonna leave a mark

Oddometer: 287
Those of you from NY, NJ, PA or New England area... what ride would you compare the RR to in terms of difficulty, and overall big bike fun factor?
Tx.