User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
pkbinder OP
Helga The Red

Oddometer: 240
Swapping engines

Well, this ought to be good. I managed to buy a "reverse stealth" bike a few years ago from my buddy Ken. He had taken two "troubled" bikes and smooshed them together to create an 800GS with the 650GS twin engine. So I have a bike that looks to all the world to be an 800GS but with the 71hp engine. Even though the bike is running just fine, because I am a male, I want more horspower. So I bought from another inmate a 798 85hp engine with only 900 miles on it (mine has 31k). It is still in the shipping crate, but tomorrow my friend Cat, another inmate, and I are going to start the swap. And yes it has the ECU, DMKS.
So, if any of youse guys have ever swapped out an engine on an 800GS, and there can't be too many out there, or a similar bike, can you give me some heads up or pointers I should look out for? Cat has swapped engines before, but only on 650GS singles. pk
Old 01-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbinder View Post
Well, this ought to be good. I managed to buy a "reverse stealth" bike a few years ago from my buddy Ken. He had taken two "troubled" bikes and smooshed them together to create an 800GS with the 650GS twin engine. So I have a bike that looks to all the world to be an 800GS but with the 71hp engine. Even though the bike is running just fine, because I am a male, I want more horspower. So I bought from another inmate a 798 85hp engine with only 900 miles on it (mine has 31k). It is still in the shipping crate, but tomorrow my friend Cat, another inmate, and I are going to start the swap. And yes it has the ECU, DMKS.
So, if any of youse guys have ever swapped out an engine on an 800GS, and there can't be too many out there, or a similar bike, can you give me some heads up or pointers I should look out for? Cat has swapped engines before, but only on 650GS singles. pk
uh... heads up or pointers on removal of engine?

not quite following your question
Old 01-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
diegoteck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Engine for sale

I'm not sure what your question is, but I'm just sharing the link got the engine I have for sale in case your proyect doesn't go well and you want a new engine on you bike, it is off a 2012 F650gs twin.

I started a similar post to yours and I got a few replies, take a look at it, it may help.
Good luck

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=846758

And there is my engine

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...errerid=250814

From,
diegoteck

diegoteck screwed with this post 01-12-2013 at 01:54 PM
diegoteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoteck View Post
I'm not sure what your question is, but I'm just sharing the link got the engine I have for sale in case your proyect doesn't go well and you want a new engine on you bike, it is off a 2012 F650gs twin.

I started a similar post to yours and I got a few replies, take a look at it, it may help.
Good luck

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=846758

And there is my engine

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...errerid=250814

From,
diegoteck
Word of caution. The forums are not to be used as a sales add. Those belong in the flea market. So just be careful of how you post them in here.....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote