Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #211
fastdirt505
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Wow, I just learned of this rally a couple of hours ago and am really excited about it. I've read all the pages here and found the website, but haven't learned what the race format is. Can someone give me the race format for dummies? I did see approx. 200 miles in sections of about 10 miles maybe. I guess what I'd like to know is the mileage length. How many sections it is divided into. What time the race starts, and what time it ends. Is all in one day? I saw some night racing lights and was thrown off a bit. Also what about gas fill ups and how much time in between sections waiting around, if any. Could you just load your bike in your truck and do this without a friend??

Thanks, and sorry for the questions. I know it's a learning process that will require just doing it for the first time, but I'd rather learn competiting than adventure riding it. Any help would be great. Look forward to it....course I've never gone 130mph down an open sand course. I know some said it's not a good idea to hit some sand roads at race pace to get the feel, but it'd be nice to drive up one weekend and get a feel for it.
fastdirt505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #212
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdirt505 View Post
Wow, I just learned of this rally a couple of hours ago and am really excited about it. I've read all the pages here and found the website, but haven't learned what the race format is. Can someone give me the race format for dummies? I did see approx. 200 miles in sections of about 10 miles maybe. I guess what I'd like to know is the mileage length. How many sections it is divided into. What time the race starts, and what time it ends. Is all in one day? I saw some night racing lights and was thrown off a bit. Also what about gas fill ups and how much time in between sections waiting around, if any. Could you just load your bike in your truck and do this without a friend??

Thanks, and sorry for the questions. I know it's a learning process that will require just doing it for the first time, but I'd rather learn competiting than adventure riding it. Any help would be great. Look forward to it....course I've never gone 130mph down an open sand course. I know some said it's not a good idea to hit some sand roads at race pace to get the feel, but it'd be nice to drive up one weekend and get a feel for it.
Everything you need to know is in the Sup Regs....

http://sandblastrally.linaracing.com...-supp-regs.php

Read those first and then ask questions
Old 12-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #213
fastdirt505
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Wow!!! Would it kill you to add another post to your 13,000+ post count to answer out of the box questions to someone who has no idea about something you know everything about. Oh, wait you did reply with a smartass answer(maybe you thought the emicon softened your otherwise dick reply). Tried the site over and over earlier today. Tried the link and it shut my browser down over and over and reading news from 2008 gave me doubts about the site. I like you am only as smart as a browser.

Could've been real simple like.... yeah it takes 8 hours to complete the approx. 200 miles diveded into eight sections. No need to worry about fuel and wait time after sections is about 5...10..20 minutes and if all goes well you can do it without any help...or you need a friend for fuel.
fastdirt505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:20 AM   #214
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Oddometer: 2,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Everything you need to know is in the Sup Regs....

http://sandblastrally.linaracing.com...-supp-regs.php

Read those first and then ask questions
Arron, your a bad bad man.... making people do home work...

Quote:
Wow!!! Would it kill you to add another post to your 13,000+ post count to answer out of the box questions to someone who has no idea about something you know everything about. Oh, wait you did reply with a smartass answer(maybe you thought the emicon softened your otherwise dick reply). Tried the site over and over earlier today. Tried the link and it shut my browser down over and over and reading news from 2008 gave me doubts about the site. I like you am only as smart as a browser.

Could've been real simple like.... yeah it takes 8 hours to complete the approx. 200 miles diveded into eight sections. No need to worry about fuel and wait time after sections is about 5...10..20 minutes and if all goes well you can do it without any help...or you need a friend for fuel.
Mr fast, in this section of the forum, most people here already know the rules and info that your looking for, If you don't do your home work be prepared to get slammed, or go to the regional forums and ask these questions there. Your just mad cause he told you to do home work....
I guess he could of written, "all the information you need is in the above link..." then you wouldn't of been upset.... but hey, this web site is praying on people who don't do their homework before posting...

shipwrek12001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:26 AM   #215
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:

Sorry, wasn't a smart ass answer, it's the truth. It's the instruction manual for Sandblast and its very helpful. Or you can just pawn it off on me, your choice. I'm using an iPad, so typing takes me forever, not to mention I worked 60 hours this week and I was a bit tired but I still made an effort to get you to read a document that you should read anyway. In the sup regs, it shows 7 stages, 3 sectioms amd a total of 69 stage miles (not a joke, I just read it in the regs). Generally, the sections means three services and in the case of Sandblast, two fuel stops and one long service(lunch). Its a fast pace, so don't expect to do any engine swaps or new stickers. Spanmer check, fuel and maybe a quick bite to eat. You don't need a crew but be sure that someone at the rally has your back or as Mouse McCoy said to me in the desert last year...... "have a back up plan"

The rally starts on Saturday morning at 8 AM and the start order is posted, usually there is a drivers/riders meeting and then the bikes start rolling out on thier minute to stage 1 start.
There is a chance that the last stage will be in the dark but since the rally has been moved up month, its possible that we won't. Wy not be a Boy Scout and have a light. Previous proper planning, prevents poss poor performance. For the record, all the above info is in the sup regs, except for the loading of the pick up.... Now that my thumbs are sore from typing and re-typing on my iPad, I'm heading to work. Haveaniceday

crankshaft screwed with this post 12-21-2012 at 04:52 AM
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:41 AM   #216
Doug Mo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Talking is today the end of the world?

Merry Christmas and festivus and holidays to all the SB and RallyMoto movers and shakers!!! Aaron, this is what we were discussing yesterday. . Anders, good strategic move, with date and fee!! Rally on!
2007 Husaberg FS 550e Rally Bike
Lived and healed to race again!!

Doug Mo screwed with this post 12-21-2012 at 04:51 AM
Doug Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:24 AM   #217
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,044
Quote:

This isn't in the Sup Regs,,,,, last years stage schedule. May or may not be the same but will give you an idea of the way the day goes.

http://sandblastrally.linaracing.com...e-Schedule.pdf

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:18 AM   #218
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 940
I emailed the contact person list on the site, but have not received an answer yet. Do you guys know if changing a class after pre-registering is a a problem? I signed up in Adv Heavy but even though this will be my frist rally I think I'll just enter in the Heavy class.
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:41 AM   #219
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by toro618 View Post
I emailed the contact person list on the site, but have not received an answer yet. Do you guys know if changing a class after pre-registering is a a problem? I signed up in Adv Heavy but even though this will be my frist rally I think I'll just enter in the Heavy class.

You can change any of that info right up until check in. If you wait until the last minute though you will need to pay a late paperwork fee.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #220
Bruno T .
N8YQ

Oddometer: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
I just noticed on the pament options for early registration there is a Deluxe and a Basic package.? What's that about??? It's a $40 difference.
"We've also bundled the usual running shakedown and T shirt buying into a “Deluxe Package”

Shakedown and T shirt included in the reg price.
Bruno T . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:34 AM   #221
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,693
Quote:
Oh god no! That would call for a shite load of monkey butt.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #222
GingerKid
How about that self...

Oddometer: 387
Quote:

Of all people who know Aaron best, I have to say, I didn't see that as smart ass at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Mo View Post
Merry Christmas and festivus and holidays to all the SB and RallyMoto movers and shakers!!! Aaron, this is what we were discussing yesterday. . Anders, good strategic move, with date and fee!! Rally on!
Are you gonna be there this year?

Check out my riding/racing videos!! http://www.youtube.com/user/Hastyp3a...ew=0&flow=grid
GingerKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #223
M.A.G.
I heart Penalties

Oddometer: 1,010
Quote:
Oh god no! That would call for a shite load of monkey butt.

Great. Nowwww you tell me.
M.A.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #224
Nomad
High Speed Low Drag

Oddometer: 250
crankshaft, you met mouse mccoy at baja? that's badass!

Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #225
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,693
Do I have to run DOT tires? Will Michelin S12's be ok? I don't have to have turn signals in my home state, do I have to have them for Sandblast?

I just plated my CR500 and looking forward to running this race!!! It'll smoke everything!!!