Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 04:18 AM   #826
Xmoto
Death Race

Oddometer: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
Think we can talk Walt into going????
I think he needs to have a NJ come back event. Show the jersey devil who's boss.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:16 AM   #827
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Just a full stage, unedited:

Nice run, Jason!

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

~Augustine of Hippo
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:39 AM   #828
jack splash
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,297
Walt!

Hey: Walt and Nate were both rippin at the Scrub Pine Big Bike enduro this year, I couldn't believe how fast they both were in the Firecuts on the KTM 950's.

For those who don't know, Walt was on a transit section in the enduro, when a car turned left, in front of him, he hit the bumper and went over the hood, hit the street and broke a bunch of ribs and had a few other injuries. We ( the club officers ) have had alot of discussion about Walt's crash. (So it dosen't happen again) It was just a wrong place right time kinda thing. The older woman who was driving the car, didn't see Walts Orange Bike because of sun glare and a the way the road rises just before the turn she was making and where Walt was at the time. If he was a few seconds later or earlier they most likley would not have hit each other.

Walt was wearing a MX style chest protector and broke 8 or 9 ribs, and his elbow. I believe if he had on a Ballistic Jersey or Pressure suit his injury's would have been much less. Having no elbow protection caused him extra hospital time because of complications with the break.

The Moral of the story, pay attention and wear all the protection you can!

Walt and Nate are both fast guys and I don't remember who was ahead before the crash, but I think they both should enter Sand Blast next year, they are naturals.

This years Scrub Pine Enduro is Oct 20th. We have a big bike class where the BB's get a shortened course, miss the tight stuff and go out first, ahead of the real enduro. Most new riders don't get to ride an enduro course up front for years, so this is the best way to enjoy an enduro on your big bike, without getting in the way of the 'minibikes".

FYI, the Pine Barrens 300 is not a race, and we have to obey the rules of the forest, but the enduro is a different story, you guys and girls should try it.

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com

jack splash screwed with this post 03-16-2013 at 06:33 AM
jack splash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:45 AM   #829
stinkweed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
keith, I agree completely about watching at speed, i was marshal on campbell two years ago in a great spot with long approach and exit. also campbell is a great location for start. we only moved about 100 yards from 1 start finish to the next finish. cj loop from timed finish has a great vantage point as well. amazing how loose the bikes get at speed, fish tailing
stinkweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #830
FLUXCAPACITOR
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermofo View Post
Hey Ara - it's Rodney (KTM530 #154) - glad to hear you made it home well and i can't believe you had a broken ankle Between that and how you were hustling that bike through the sand you qualify as moto-animal in my book.

Jena - it was nice to meet you and glad you are doing well too

It was great meeting so many others from here and elsewhere - too bad I can't remember many names - between being focused on my first rally and totally confused by my time card my brain didn't seem to retain much

Does any one know if Logan (#150 honda 250x) is on ADV? We chased each other most stages with some bar to bar racing thrown in that was an absolute blast and has me looking at the SETRA/SORCS enduro schedule I also really appreciate him making sure me and a bunch of others didn't get lost on the transit!!

What a great weekend, race, and riders - couldn't have been a better way to start the riding season!

Rodney

Hey Ara and Rodney this is Logan (AKA Fluxcapacitor) and I finally got on AdvRider. Thanks for the kind words boys and it was a great ride and great time riding with you guys as well as the other cool dudes and gals. I hope to see you both at the WV Rally as well as the SC Rally next year!!!!

Logan.
FLUXCAPACITOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #831
fig650
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Gilkey shakedown

http://youtu.be/r8hgf_2py8c
fig650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #832
FLUXCAPACITOR
n00b

Hey Ara and Rodney this is Logan (AKA Fluxcapacitor). Hey it was great riding with you guys and I hope to see you both at the WV rally as well as the SC rally next year.

I just got signed up to AdvRider so let's keep in touch for the next rally.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #833
FLUXCAPACITOR
n00b

Picture of Ara and Rodney

Here's a couple of cool pictures of you guys...
Attached Images

FLUXCAPACITOR screwed with this post 03-17-2013 at 05:09 PM
Old 03-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #834
FLUXCAPACITOR
n00b

Rodney...

Here's Rodney with a thumbs up...
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #835
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLUXCAPACITOR View Post
Hey Ara and Rodney this is Logan (AKA Fluxcapacitor) and I finally got on AdvRider. Thanks for the kind words boys and it was a great ride and great time riding with you guys as well as the other cool dudes and gals. I hope to see you both at the WV Rally as well as the SC Rally next year!!!!

Logan.
Good to see you here, Logan.

Ara
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #836
Entrepre-neer
Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by fig650 View Post

Entrepre-neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #837
M.A.G.
I heart Penalties

Oddometer: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fig650 View Post
Holy Lord.

I think Mike came by me on Shakedown towards the end, and I swear he was so fast that I did not even have time to identify who it was. I did not even hear the bike until it was 50 feet in front of me. I damn near just went home...

Logan, welcome...John
M.A.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #838
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.G. View Post
Holy Lord.

I think Mike came by me on Shakedown towards the end, and I swear he was so fast that I did not even have time to identify who it was. I did not even hear the bike until it was 50 feet in front of me. I damn near just went home...

Logan, welcome...John

Yeah...Mike is one of those people that put it into perspective. We all do this sport to have fun and push our personal limits. We all become better riders and feel like kings when we battle one another whether it is for 1st place or a battle for 15th place. Every once in a while we get a couple pro's new..or old who show up and really show us where the bar is set

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #839
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.G. View Post
Holy Lord.

Logan, welcome...John
Even more amazing is that he is thrashing that bike as if it were a nimble 450 vs a full blown 950 adventure

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #840
ThereisnoSpoon
High Enough

Oddometer: 1,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack splash View Post
Hey: Walt and Nate were both rippin at the Scrub Pine Big Bike enduro this year, I couldn't believe how fast they both were in the Firecuts on the KTM 950's.

For those who don't know, Walt was on a transit section in the enduro, when a car turned left, in front of him, he hit the bumper and went over the hood, hit the street and broke a bunch of ribs and had a few other injuries. We ( the club officers ) have had alot of discussion about Walt's crash. (So it dosen't happen again) It was just a wrong place right time kinda thing. The older woman who was driving the car, didn't see Walts Orange Bike because of sun glare and a the way the road rises just before the turn she was making and where Walt was at the time. If he was a few seconds later or earlier they most likley would not have hit each other.

Walt was wearing a MX style chest protector and broke 8 or 9 ribs, and his elbow. I believe if he had on a Ballistic Jersey or Pressure suit his injury's would have been much less. Having no elbow protection caused him extra hospital time because of complications with the break.

The Moral of the story, pay attention and wear all the protection you can!

Walt and Nate are both fast guys and I don't remember who was ahead before the crash, but I think they both should enter Sand Blast next year, they are naturals.

This years Scrub Pine Enduro is Oct 20th. We have a big bike class where the BB's get a shortened course, miss the tight stuff and go out first, ahead of the real enduro. Most new riders don't get to ride an enduro course up front for years, so this is the best way to enjoy an enduro on your big bike, without getting in the way of the 'minibikes".

FYI, the Pine Barrens 300 is not a race, and we have to obey the rules of the forest, but the enduro is a different story, you guys and girls should try it.

Jack
Hey Jack!

I don't really follow this thread, but I clicked on it and there I was. Just to clarify a couple of things, there was no sun glare or a rise, just an inept driver in a hurry. I saw that car for a while, as I got closer the blinker came on, blinked twice and she turned in front of me when I was about 15 or 20 ft away. Her accident report statement said she saw me and turned anyway.

As far as the chest protector vs pressure suit it's a toss up. I have a Alpinestars pressure suit and based on the road rash on the chest protector I was wearing I looks like it took alot of the hit in the shoulder area that my pressure suit would not have covered. It's all speculative, when you get in a head on with a car and do a superman over the car and land on the pavement bad things are going to happen. An elbow guard may have helped, the doctor said no, but that was not the cause of my extended stay in the hospital. My arm was the least of my injuries.

This is not to debate which offers better protection and clearly more is better. Look at what the top guys running enduros are wearing, I planned accordingly. In my naivety I didn't factor in the jersey drivers and I should have known better. I grew up riding in the sand and I like it which is why I went. I will not be returning to jersey EVER, but I may do this. It is sand and they close the roads, right?

For the record at the checkpoint right before I got taken out I was ahead by 5 min. Oh well, I got some new scars out of the deal.