Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2014, 08:53 AM   #181
Forzato
baboodee

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
I'm sticking with my Badlands pants...

Thank you Scott. Do your Badland pants also have those same velcro strips in the armor pad pockets (like shown in my photos)?

Forzato screwed with this post 03-02-2014 at 09:41 AM
Forzato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:49 AM   #182
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzato View Post
Thank you Scott. Do your Badland pants also have those same velcro strips in the armor pad pockets (like shown in my photos)?
I have to admit, mine aren't here right now. They're on their way to Washington (state). A black pair are on their way to me.

That said, I do recall adjusting the height of the knee armor via Velcro in the armor pockets. Something I wish I could do with the elbow armor in my jacket. I bodged something up to do the job temporarily (a few stitches through the pocket). Once I'm confident of the placement, I'll sew in Velcro.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #183
Forzato
baboodee

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
,,,I do recall adjusting the height of the knee armor via Velcro in the armor pockets...
Please Scott, if you are willing, post photos and a description of the Badlands armor-pad-pocket-velcro system when you get the pants.

Many thanks!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #184
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,308
Quote:
Please Scott, if you are willing, post photos and a description of the Badlands armor-pad-pocket-velcro system when you get the pants.

Many thanks!
Will do. They're due here Wednesday.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #185
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,550
Quote:
That is a fair point. My wild guess is that there must be more than 10,000 stitches on the suit. One or two bad stitches is a pretty low failure rate. Perhaps I'm just trying to rationalize the cost...

[EDIT: The more I look at the suit, the more I think I was light in my estimate of how many stitches the suit has. It is staggering how many seams there are. They appear to be small (stronger, but slower to produce) stitches too. I hope they hold up.]
I have no doubt if you contacted Klim. That they'd fix or replace the jacket. While they're made in China, I believe they have have a strict QC dept. things slip through, and I wouldn't accept it even on a Latitude jacket. Give them a call before the weather gets warmer and you're needing it.
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #186
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,632
My Badlands pants are up in the attic, have to go pull them down again... I believe the padding is smaller in them than the new stuff you've got... hence there not being any adjustment in yours. I believe the BP stuff is smaller so the adjustment works, whereas yours is larger completely filling the compartment.
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:49 PM   #187
Alexol
Chronic Farkoholic

Oddometer: 587
I was extremely disappointed in the knee armor of my Klim pants, both in terms of size/coverage and positioning: too small yielding very poor coverage and they hung down below my knee. Completely useless.

The solution for me - and of course YMMV - was to buy BMW's knee armor which is MUCH larger, thicker and wraps around the knee much better, and trim it down to that it fills the knee pocket completely. Result: one happy camper.

FWIW, I cut the BMW armor down to size with a sharp knife, then froze it overnight so I could sand the edges smooth. Not a perfect job, but certainly good enough - and probably about 1.3/4 times the coverage of the Klim.

The original Klim armor went off to hopefully find a happy home via GoodWill.

Alex

'14 GSA - '77 Laverda 1000 Jota - '74 Norton 850 Mk IIA (was a project - now a beauty!)

Alexol screwed with this post 03-04-2014 at 10:15 AM
Alexol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:00 AM   #188
Forzato
baboodee

I am very interested to hear other opinions and experiences regarding the armor pad pockets of the Klim pants and jackets. Thank you to those who have already replied.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:21 AM   #189
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,133
All my Badlands jacket pockets are fine, but I gave up on the knee pads in the pants.
I removed them and use Leatt3DFguards................

http://www.leatt.com/shop/body-prote...nee-guard.html

Off road guys have not used built in knees for years......It's just too hard to get a location that works for many people.

They are not as easy to put on, but do stay in place and are fairly comfy.

Cheers
Old 03-05-2014, 04:21 PM   #190
Bofaxrunner
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Love the suit!!!

Spent a few days in my Adventure Rally Suit. I traveled down to the AltRider "Taste of Dakar" with a few buddies. Early forcasts were looking like sunny and warm weather. As we got closer to heading down, "rain" was the word.

Friday we managed to only ride around 40 miles. Everyone was soaked, with the exception of me. I was bone dry everywhere the suit covered, and my moto boots let in a little moisture. Our gloves were soaked and I was stoked to turn the heated grips to high! I would have been happy to continue riding but the soil turning to snotty clay, and flash floods were all around us. On a side note: I did not use the water proof collar during the trip. I wear a Leatt, and the over collar was a little restricting on the super technical stuff. I wore a neck gaiter to cut the wind and was happy with that. If I were on a unsupported trip, I would use the collar when needed.

The knee and elbow pads were spot on once I moved them to their highest position. The venting on the suit is amazing! You definitely have to put some body heat and miles into the suit to get things softened up. Out of the box it is stiff, but breaks in beautifully.

I packed all of my tools and gear into the suit. The fun part was remembering which pocket I put something in, as there are so many. The Hydration Bladder is honestly one of the best I have used. It is the cleanest plastic in regards to taste. It fills easy and cleans up nicely due to the opening. The mouth piece is soft on the teeth and I love the fact that I did not have to use the shut off valve. The way the mouth piece actuates does not lead to easy water dumps when getting pushed around.

It is really amazing how heavy the jacket feel when holding it with one hand when all filled with gear and water. It's remarkable how the harness system supports it and you don't notice the weight when wearing it though. I did move my tool pouch and flat repair tools to the bike for the second day of riding to reduce the weight and for safety.

Second day of riding saw much warmer temps, but still some cool showers. I chose to wear my DAKAR pants and knee guards that day for extra protection in the rocky terrain. We rode around 160 miles on the expert loop. Riding around Pahrump is EPIC and I am looking forward to going back. I kept most of my vents open throughout the day. I closed the front vents for high speed gravel, pavement, and the cooler transports sections. I only wore a light t-shirt base layer and bicycle shorts both days and was both warm and cool enough. Temps ranged between 45-60+.

Here's a few pics, Kevin

Bofaxrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #191
Brtp4 OP
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,934
Adventure Air Video Part 1

Klim Adventure Air Video Part 1:

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #192
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,133
Nice video BP............but how well does it flow air??

Cheers
Old 03-10-2014, 07:40 AM   #193
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
Nice video BP............but how well does it flow air??

Cheers
It's mesh sooo as good as a jacket possibly can!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #194
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Thumb Thank you a couple more questions...

Thank you Atomic.
I have a couple questions about the pants?
It's nice to see the thigh and tailbone armor finally making it to these pants. Could you do a short video dissecting the pants as you did with the jacket? Or add a bit to the video?
Would like to see the armor pieces and their pockets in the pants as well as a couple other features.
Such as how high the leg zips go up on these (I feel this is very important in an ADV touring pant) and storage/pockets. Or whether you can reach through the outer pockets to your inside pants or shorts. Nice to be able to compare them to my current BP pants.
Been wanting a full leg zipper here for some time but don't think we've got that yet.

Again thank you.
Jim
Old 03-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #195
Brtp4 OP
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,934
Adventure Air Review Part 2:

)

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR