Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2014, 04:02 PM   #196
Brtp4 OP
Do what you love.

Oddometer: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Thank you Atomic.
I have a couple questions about the pants?
It's nice to see the thigh and tailbone armor finally making it to these pants. Could you do a short video dissecting the pants as you did with the jacket? Or add a bit to the video?
Would like to see the armor pieces and their pockets in the pants as well as a couple other features.
Such as how high the leg zips go up on these (I feel this is very important in an ADV touring pant) and storage/pockets. Or whether you can reach through the outer pockets to your inside pants or shorts. Nice to be able to compare them to my current BP pants.
Been wanting a full leg zipper here for some time but don't think we've got that yet.

Again thank you.
Jim
Hi Jim.

We have some details and photos of the pants in the above video. I may not have all your comments addressed there, but we have about 50 photos, so I should be able to answer any specifics.

Regarding leg zips, pass-thru pockets, etc....to some degree these are more typical on overpants. Having spoken with the design team, my feeling is that they view these more as a stand-alone item. The overpants do have long zips though, so it is possible they will expand the line in that direction going forward.

Hope that helps.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:57 PM   #197
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,740
Thumb

Thanx alot BP I will get a hold of Mark and look into a pair of these.
I've been pushing for a mesh suit from them for 3yrs it seems to finally be coming to fruition.
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:13 PM   #198
Mike M
Over Here Now...

Oddometer: 1,610
Hoping there might be a Latitude Air coming-----priced for us commonfolk who are mostly pavement and only ride 20% on hardpack and gravel.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:09 PM   #199
Brtp4 OP
Do what you love.

Oddometer: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Hoping there might be a Latitude Air coming-----priced for us commonfolk who are mostly pavement and only ride 20% on hardpack and gravel.
Kinda sorta.....: Atomic-moto.com/Klim-Induction-Jacket

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:29 PM   #200
Mike M
Over Here Now...

Oddometer: 1,610
Pants? Mojave with upgraded armor? Will they match?
Old 04-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #201
TBR
Daily ADV in China

Oddometer: 546
See below, wrote to them (Klim) simply asking if any plans to release the new Adventure Rally Air Jacket in all black instead of Grey / Black, the reply doesn't make sense at all to me....
The Klim Adventure Rally Air does look very interesting but really don't like the "Starwars Stormtrooper" look with the grey/black colour combo.

Hey XxxX!

Thanks for contacting us! Unfortunately, we do not know what we are going to be releasing, and we won’t know until they do come out which will be in June.
I do apologize for that, but do keep a look out for our releases coming out!! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Thank you so much!

XxxxxX XxxxX | Customer Service Professional
KLIM Technical Riding Gear
Klim | 3753 County Line Rd | Rigby, ID 83442
Ph. 208.552.7433 ext. 1105 | Fax 208.552.1615
www.KLIM.com | xxxxxxx@klim.com | Klim loves your feedback!
US & Canada Warranty | International Warranty
Old 04-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #202
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBR View Post
See below, wrote to them (Klim) simply asking if any plans to release the new Adventure Rally Air Jacket in all black instead of Grey / Black, the reply doesn't make sense at all to me....
The Klim Adventure Rally Air does look very interesting but really don't like the "Starwars Stormtrooper" look with the grey/black colour combo.

Hey XxxX!

Thanks for contacting us! Unfortunately, we do not know what we are going to be releasing, and we won’t know until they do come out which will be in June.
I do apologize for that, but do keep a look out for our releases coming out!! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Thank you so much!

XxxxxX XxxxX | Customer Service Professional
KLIM Technical Riding Gear
Klim | 3753 County Line Rd | Rigby, ID 83442
Ph. 208.552.7433 ext. 1105 | Fax 208.552.1615
www.KLIM.com | xxxxxxx@klim.com | Klim loves your feedback!
US & Canada Warranty | International Warranty
That is an odd response.

I've tried on the Rally Air at the shop and it doesn't look that bad in person. They run small, too.
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:57 AM   #203
ACD
old nOOb

Oddometer: 258
IMHO that was a humorous way to say that they do not want to give away any details but they will have a different style rally air released by June. Let's wait and see!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ACD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:37 AM   #204
Forzato
baboodee

Oddometer: 74
Follow up on Adventure Rally 2

Previously I posted my initial impressions on the Klim. I've now had a chance to use the Adventure Rally 2 jacket and pant for a number of rides. I primarily ride dirt trails, using the paved roads only to get my KTM 500 EXC to the trails.

The suit has been waterproof thus far in modest rain. I can't say that I've used it in torrential downpour though.

Some of the waterproof zippers jam or are very difficult to operate - even if carefully cleaned. They seem to be finicky, perhaps as a trade-off for their waterproofness.

The velcro closure at the pant cuff that wraps around the boot is not sufficient in my opinion. It comes loose too easily. I wish that instead of a few strips of velcro that the entire area had one continuous set of velcro panels.

The 'Leatt compatible' neck gator (zip on rain shield) is very difficult to use with a neck brace. It takes a lot of effort to get the gator over the neck brace, and then makes it too restrictive to wear. The Leatt brace works good with the jacket as long as no gator is attached.

Riding dirt trails between 10 and 30 mph in the fairly welll shaded forests of upstate NY my personal comfort limit is about 60 or 65 degrees Fahrenheit. Anything warmer and I fatigue appreciably faster. The vents work good on-road, but the heat builds up fast when trail riding mud, ruts, rocks, etc. I removed the 'monkey paws' from the wrist area of the jacket to aid airflow.

So far the suit is wearing well and nothing has broken despite frequent falls. It is comfortable and except for the knee armor it fits me well. I'm 5' 10', 170 lbs and have the size medium jacket and size 34 pants. I wear a Forcefield rib protector under the jacket to augment the thin chest armor of the jacket.

The knee armor pads are still drooping below my knee caps. I am trying different techniques to secure the pads an inch or so higher so they stay located correctly.

UPDATE: I washed the suit for the first time. Taking out the armor (specifically the chest armor) is a real chore, and is required as per the label. When I removed the back armor I discovered that it was molded poorly and almost none of the ventilation holes were present. A half hour and a 1/4" drill bit later, the several dozen of holes were in place as designed.

UPDATE #2: Klim cannot provide D30 Xergo armor except for the set provided when the jacket/pant is purchased new. This means if you lose or destroy the D30 Xergo armor for your Adventure Rally you will be unable to replace it. Klim does not have permission from the manufacturer (D30) to offer replacement armor.

Forzato screwed with this post 07-05-2014 at 09:59 PM
Forzato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:36 PM   #205
NeptuneTriton
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Klim Adventure Air Kneepad Adjustment

I feel like Klim really missed the boat on this...all they had to do was create a pocket, attach velcro to the D30 and to the pocket, thus giving the user the ability to shift the armor around. I'm not sure why they went with a, "one size fits all" approach on such an expensive riding suit is lost on me.

Like they say, where there's a will there's a way, so I'll tell you what MY SOLUTION was. After careful examination, I felt that I needed them higher by about an inch. So, go ahead and turn the pants inside out. You'll notice that the knee pads are built into the interior liner of the pants, which floats away from the exterior shell. So, I literally grabbed some excess liner material (about an inch) at the top of the knee pad, and hand sewed it together. This raised the knee pads the inch I was looking for.

The pants are inside out in the pics and the yellow thread I used was to show the modification and make for easy removal in the future if I sold the suit for some reason. Anyway, you can see how I sewed through the thicker material at the top of the knee pad and the thicker edging at the bottom of the thigh pad. Works great. I took a side-by-side picture of one leg being modified and the other leg still stock to make it easy to see where to sew.

photo a415551f-7f3b-43c4-8fe5-09facd87e2f6_zpsff7b63ab.jpg

photo c72e321a-fff3-4672-a30d-562f1cb01dd1_zpsd17bdaee.jpg

photo e4d68bf3-a35a-426c-a799-21bd2a532030_zps725bd1b5.jpg

Kronreif, Trunkenpolz of Mattighofen - Model 990, Adventure Baja
NeptuneTriton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:58 PM   #206
boatnut
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
mods

I will be attending the IBA meet in Denver next weekend. Planned to buy the KLIM air rally suit while their as they have a booth set up. Currently wear the "other" kevlar mesh gear. I planned to switch for the perceived better fit?
After reading this thread I am out. Having to make your own adjustments to a suit in this price range is totally unacceptable in my opinion. Can't replace the armour? Armour moulded incorrectly ( Seconds bin candidate)
and bad stitches should NOT be a part of the most expensive gear you can buy. Period.
boatnut is offline   Reply With Quote