Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #46
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,133
You guys are tough on me for asking for a belt.

I have the Klim Chinook pant and love the fastex buckle on the belt.
I just really hate some of the fasteners that are in use..............and some of the adjusters are crap also.The Chinook buckle/best works fine.

Tell me why there is a problem with a belt???

I have used a tool belt in the past and that has made no difference as to what type of fastener that the pant had.

Cheers
Old 11-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #47
mxbundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 852
Man, one of these days I hope to be at a place in life where I could afford one of these Jackets!
They sure are cool though!

Bundy

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:29 AM   #48
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post

The trickiest part is the fact that your riding envelope is very wide. It is possible to get gear that works broadly, but there is usually some compromise. I think I can give some more specific suggestions after a short phone conversation, if you want PM me your # and we can address this.

BP
Thanks for good explanation and I'll study your suggestions. Yes I know my requirements are broad, but I'm usually weeks on the road and I pack light; soft panniers, duffle and tank bag have to hold all my gear including my tent. So my outer ride gear has to cover all the bases. I've had my Acerbis for a decade, so price isn't as big a factor as it might be.

I'll be back after reading up on the product list and consulting with my sons.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:16 AM   #49
Urbandrag
KLiM Beotch!

Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbundy View Post
Man, one of these days I hope to be at a place in life where I could afford one of these Jackets!
They sure are cool though!

Bundy
Been there...
Once you get there... They release a new version!...
Old 11-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #50
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,308
Not sure how I missed this thread until now. Oh well, made up for it by ordering the AR2.

Folks, if you've never ordered from BP at Atomic, you've missed out on a great buying experience. BP is incredibly knowledgeable and takes customer service to the next level. He's spent more time on the phone with me discussing pointless details of the gear I've bought from him. All the recommendations he's given me over the years have been great. I don't buy gear anywhere else.

I've had the original Adventure Rally, the Adventure Rally (v.2) and am currently using the Badlands Pro. While I really like(d) all of them, I've been hammering on Klim (Hi Mark! ) for a couple of years to make a more vented Rally and to make it a bit more fitted.

Looks like they've finally listened to me! You all can thank me by sending $50 each.

While I like the idea of the Adventure Air and I live in the desert southwest, I don't think I want one. I have a Motoport Kevlar Mesh jacket and while I believe it would serve me extremely well in a crash, the kevlar mesh doesn't tickle my happy spot. Even in really hot weather here, I grab the Badlands and just open all the vents.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #51
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Not sure how I missed this thread until now. Oh well, made up for it by ordering the AR2.

Folks, if you've never ordered from BP at Atomic, you've missed out on a great buying experience. BP is incredibly knowledgeable and takes customer service to the next level. He's spent more time on the phone with me discussing pointless details of the gear I've bought from him. All the recommendations he's given me over the years have been great. I don't buy gear anywhere else.

I've had the original Adventure Rally, the Adventure Rally (v.2) and am currently using the Badlands Pro. While I really like(d) all of them, I've been hammering on Klim (Hi Mark! ) for a couple of years to make a more vented Rally and to make it a bit more fitted.

Looks like they've finally listened to me! You all can thank me by sending $50 each.

While I like the idea of the Adventure Air and I live in the desert southwest, I don't think I want one. I have a Motoport Kevlar Mesh jacket and while I believe it would serve me extremely well in a crash, the kevlar mesh doesn't tickle my happy spot. Even in really hot weather here, I grab the Badlands and just open all the vents.
Have you seen one? Are they in stock Brtp4? How do you think the venting is compared to the original Rally, vs Badlands Pro?
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #52
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

I've only seen pictures. That said, the problem I had with the venting on the original Rally was that it did not have sleeve vents. (It's amazing the benefit of sleeve vents!) The AR2 looks to me to combine the best venting of the Rally and the Badlands, so I have high hopes.

If I could add the harness and external water bladder pocket of the Rally to my Badlands, I would. This seems to accomplish the same but with better (ie bigger) armour is a win-win.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
Old 12-01-2012, 06:02 AM   #53
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
That said, the problem I had with the venting on the original Rally was that it did not have sleeve vents. (It's amazing the benefit of sleeve vents!)
Agreed. The best venting I ever had in a jacket was on the BMW Santiago with the full arm vents. That left the elbow armor flopping all over the place though. Does the badlands ( and, presumably new ARJ) do this? Can you comment on that Brian?
1971 Lambretta DL
Old 12-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #54
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,935
Quote:
Here you go:

BP

Thanks BP!

Living in the PNW the AR2 is what I am aiming for. Saw Questor's suit at the Bend KTM Rally, very nice.

The Adventure Rally Air gear looks very interesting too. Regarding one comment earlier, a soaking wet outer mesh layer and dry inner waterproof layer like other multi-layer brands is uncomfortable and needs makeup heat like a Gerbings jacket liner on those cold wet Winter rides.

The KLIM Air Rally system OTOH puts the Goretex waterproof layer on the outside, so the exterior is not soaked and the Kevlar mesh suit underneath should be a lot warmer. It could work in cold climates too. Will have to wait and see some real world reviews.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #55
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Agreed. The best venting I ever had in a jacket was on the BMW Santiago with the full arm vents. That left the elbow armor flopping all over the place though. Does the badlands ( and, presumably new ARJ) do this? Can you comment on that Brian?
I had a BMW Rallye Pro 2, and with the sleeve vents open, the elbow armor could flop. On the Badlands there are straps which can be tightened to help keep the armor in place.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #56
levain
STILL Jim Williams

I was 3rd in the country? WOW!

That's a pretty cool stat. Thanks for that.

I've been on the eternal quest for the perfect 4 season jacket for almost a decade now. I felt like it was never going to happen and bought the Rukka Armas suit 18mon. ago knowing I was giving up on the elusive 4 season suit. Now, I can't find a warm weather suit to compliment Rukka makes the most comfortable, perfectly tailored riding suit I've ever experienced. It is truly world class and is such a joy to wear. It'd be hard to sell it to purchase something like the ADVR2, but the pictures and spec look like they've solved the issues I had with it. ie: better, snugger fit, more venting, more subdued looks, more thorough armor coverage including chest. It actually might be something that would work giving what, to me, would be the holy grail. One jacket that I could wear all year long through the cold, wet, snowy winters through the muggy hot summers of New England.

The things I still miss about the rally suit appear to still be there; kidney belt, removable collar to aid cooling (agree that works exceptionally, esp. with a wet buff around the neck).

I've grown to love the lockout on my Rukka jacket. I'm reminded of the chore that multiple flaps and velcro is. It looks like they've eliminated the main flap and switched to a waterproof zipper of some sort? That is AWESOME!

Thanks for the info on the arm cinches. That sounds GREAT, and it sounds like you understand the issue that I have with other suits.

This jacket looks really interesting. It actually looks like it FITS

Your site shows a gray color. Any pictures of that? When is this jacket available? I don't think I'd be interested in the pants. I'd have to sell my full Rukka suit just to afford the jacket

Thanks again. I feel like such a poseur in something like this, since I'm more a road warrior than anything else. For me, this is about spec, not "the look". My only wish is that it didn't look so tough, but it definitely is moving in the right direction (for me).

You rock
Jim

Quote:
Jim, if I do, will you come back????? You were original ADVR customer #3 in the US, FWIW.

Of course I do not know from experience, but I think the answer equates to them staying in place. Look at the cinching strap placement in this pic:

You can see that they are close together, just adjacent to the "crotch" of the arm. On the upper, it is cinched and you can even see an indentation on the outer side. I know what you are describing on the BMW jacket, and I do not think the ADVR2 will do this.

Does that help? I am stepping out for an ST ride, but I will try to get into the office and look for some better pics later.

One other thing, IMO riding any jacket with a removable Leatt collar is The. Best. Vent. Possible.

BP
1971 Lambretta DL
Old 12-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #57
wizz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
Forgive me if this has been answered but.....
can this suit be worn for all environs including commuting to and from work, ie can the pants
be worn as an over pant? Are there pictures of the armour coverage I somehow missed? Is this the kit that can be worn riding around town and in the mountains on street bike, as well as 50/50 gear and tat?
thanks
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #58
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizz View Post
Forgive me if this has been answered but.....
can this suit be worn for all environs including commuting to and from work, ie can the pants
be worn as an over pant? Are there pictures of the armour coverage I somehow missed? Is this the kit that can be worn riding around town and in the mountains on street bike, as well as 50/50 gear and tat?
thanks
Wizz, I intend to use my next Klim suit to replace my 2008 RevIt Cayenne Pro for my do-all 4-season commuter and adventure riding suit. The RevIt is a fairly tailored suit that fits well and when you zip out its insulation layer (which I've never used) it easily slipped over a pair of jeans and belt, for the daily commute, and also fit well by itself on serious adventure rides with just LD Comfort base layer underneath. It has a wide range of adjustment in the waist strapping system.

My experience with trying on the KLIM Badlands and Adventure Rally pants is when they fit your waist and legs properly, they won't go on over daily commute pants. The waist does not have enough adjustment to compensate. You have to go the next size or two over to allow that, but then the pant legs are really bulky and baggy and too long.

I'm hoping the AR2 and/or ARA suit pants have enough waist adjustment to allow wearing as overpants and still give a decent closer fit. I don't intend to get this top-of-the-line and expensive suit just for racing or boutique "adventure" rides a few times a year, but rather for the few longer adventure rides I get time for and all-year, every-day, all-weather riding, on and off at least twice a day in the wet Pacific Northwest. That wears out many suits quickly, even top end suits. Velcro, zippers, and seams fail -- especially zippers. The RevIt Cayenne Pro lasted me 4 years of daily use, when I usually wore out cheaper suits in one year. Very interested to see how well the KLIM suits will hold up to hard daily practical use.
I know my Klim dirtbiking gear lasts and lasts.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #59
smmwheels
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Can't wait for the Adventure Air

I contacted Klim last summer looking for a mesh jacket, thought my Badlands Pro was a little warm on those blistering summer days.
'If I'm out trail riding, I have a favorite motorcycle. Riding on the road, I've got a favorite. If I'm jumping, I have a favorite, and if I'm racing, I have a favorite"(Evel Knievel)... I say "this F800GS is my all around trail raiding, road riding, racing and jumping favorite"(Steve - smmwheels)...
smmwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #60
Bazgab
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Not sure when it got posted up but there is a picture of the Gray Adventure Rally 2 jacket on the Atomic Moto site. I think it looks really sharp, so glad I went with it instead of the all black. Pictures of the pants in both colors are there as well.
Bazgab is offline   Reply With Quote