ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?
Yes 65 54.17%
No 55 45.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #181
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,806
Its not up to those yahoos in the whitehouse to make your life better,never was. Gotta get out and make something work for yourself. Creativity is the spice of life.

(Gotta say,not that it really matters,the Rep party has shot itself in the foot so many times they must be about out of ammo. Anti women stance wont help,letting Romney speak in public wont help,all those loony tune theologists they have on their side wont help,except maybe in the south,Im not sure the US is ready for a cultist as prez. I have a feeling once the polls are closed Obama will win easily,like many people do)
Old 11-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #182
HellSickle OP
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,985
Soooo.....

Assuming that the only criteria voters consider is whether or not they are better off now than 4 years ago, it looks like Obama wins the Rockies.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #183
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 5,054
Actually, there are some good posts on here. I keep trying to tell my wife how smart all you others riders are, but she doesn't quite believe it. Hats off to the process and lets keep it like the Founding Fathers intended.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #184
FatChance
Road Captain

Oddometer: 10,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ricketts View Post
Hats off to the process and lets keep it like the Founding Fathers intended.
Things are working pretty much as intended. It is supposed to be difficult to get things done and requires both sides to work together and compromise. Aberrations like Obama's first two years where one party controls both the Executive and Legislative branches of government are rare and often whatever they do without the other side's support is eventually overturned. This has been the way our government has run since the beginning except we do not have much of the real divisiveness, vitriol and partisanship we've had in the past. In historic terms, both sides get along pretty well now.

The brilliance of the three branches of government with their check and balance system, having both a house and senate and an electoral college elected by all the people to balance the majority and minority factions in our society are what makes this the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried (with apologies to Mr. Churchill). I do not support our current Executive branch and will vote to change it, but regardless of the outcome, the democratic republic process seems to be working the way it was designed to and that is a good thing.

- Calculated risk or forbidden fruit?

FatChance screwed with this post 11-06-2012 at 01:02 PM
FatChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #185
TinkerinWstuff
Take it apart

Oddometer: 1,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Soooo.....

Assuming that the only criteria voters consider is whether or not they are better off now than 4 years ago, it looks like Obama wins the Rockies.

Sure. But unless he shacked up with my wife and was the one responsible for the preggers, then I'm not giving him credit.

I BUILT THAT BABY!!
TinkerinWstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #186
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieRider View Post
The close relationship between the religious right and the republican party and the antireproductive rights of women promoted by the Republican platform has no bearing on your decisions?
Paula, I understand your concerns, but if you look at Romney's actual record for or against abortion, he took no action against abortion when a governor, and though he is personally pro-life, I see nothing in his platform to pursue an agenda against legal abortion now. I think Romney has shown that he leads and governs according to the will of the people he is representing. I'm a republican and am pro-life, but I am not for pursuing overturning RvW. Why? I don't think this is an issue that should be steering the federal government. I'll leave the folks in the participation and exercise of abortion to let their conscience be their guide here. I do, however, support the issue of no tax money for performing abortions. People who have strong, valid reasons for not wanting to be an unwilling participant in providing and financing abortions have just as much validity as women who want the right to pursue their personal rights in dealing with their body and the unborn. Both parties have an equal right in this regard IMO.

I think the democrat party has done a good job of trying to create the image of Romney burning down the supreme court building to overturn RvW. His history and track record do not show this.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #187
surly357
Cochetopa dreamin'

Oddometer: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by _CJ View Post
Thankfully, there's one choice on the ballot in 48 states that isn't the same.

I noticed one libertarian stand left off this list that might be important to rockies moto riders-

public land? SELL IT!
surly357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #188
HellSickle OP
Scone Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
Sure. But unless he shacked up with my wife and was the one responsible for the preggers, then I'm not giving him credit.

I BUILT THAT BABY!!
Dunno. He's awfully white. Have you had DNA testing? You might want to check for Bill's DNA while you are at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
Paula, I understand your concerns, but if you look at Romney's actual record for or against abortion, he took no action against abortion when a governor, and though he is personally pro-life, I see nothing in his platform to pursue an agenda against legal abortion now. I think Romney has shown that he leads and governs according to the will of the people he is representing. I'm a republican and am pro-life, but I am not for pursuing overturning RvW. Why? I don't think this is an issue that should be steering the federal government. I'll leave the folks in the participation and exercise of abortion to let their conscience be their guide here. I do, however, support the issue of no tax money for performing abortions. People who have strong, valid reasons for not wanting to be an unwilling participant in providing and financing abortions have just as much validity as women who want the right to pursue their personal rights in dealing with their body and the unborn. Both parties have an equal right in this regard IMO.

I think the democrat party has done a good job of trying to create the image of Romney burning down the supreme court building to overturn RvW. His history and track record do not show this.
Romney's record is to say whatever will get him elected. His position changes more often than Blakebird buys and sells bikes.

Have you heard Akins and Mourdock? I have serious problems voting for folks that support those kind of idiots. Not to mention the outrageous lies told by Ryan. His soup kitchen incident showed that the man is completely and utterly dishonest.

As much as Ryan and Romney give lip service to strong families, you would think they might have an inkling that societal decay and crime will do nothing but increase if women are forced to carry unwanted children. The statistic prove that Roe vs. Wade was instrumental in the decline in crime when unemployment should have driven the opposite reaction after the .com bust.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #189
TNC
Candyass Camper

Quote:
Dunno. He's awfully white. Have you had DNA testing? You might want to check for Bill's DNA while you are at it.

Romney's record is to say whatever will get him elected. His position changes more often than Blakebird buys and sells bikes.

Have you heard Akins and Mourdock? I have serious problems voting for folks that support those kind of idiots. Not to mention the outrageous lies told by Ryan. His soup kitchen incident showed that the man is completely and utterly dishonest.

As much as Ryan and Romney give lip service to strong families, you would think they might have an inkling that societal decay and crime will do nothing but increase if women are forced to carry unwanted children. The statistic prove that Roe vs. Wade was instrumental in the decline in crime when unemployment should have driven the opposite reaction after the .com bust.
Jeff, I think the concept of Romney saying "whatever" to get elected is in reality doing what the constituency wants. I think that's the only way he got elected in Mass. and had decent success there. That's what an elected politician is supposed to do. I think the dishonesty Obama promoted in his election claims and promises are of greater magnitude. And if you start linking a candidate in a party to the lunacy of some of their "fringe" members, all of them would be disqualified. Maxine Waters comes to mind for a good book end to Akin.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #190
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by surly357 View Post
I noticed one libertarian stand left off this list that might be important to rockies moto riders-

public land? SELL IT!

You might want to do a little research before posting.....

Quote:
Should U.S. National Parks and Forests continue to be preserved and protected by the federal government?

Gary Johnson: Let each state determine which areas to protect
Quote:
do you know that Gary Johnson would:

Leave it to the states to decide which of the U.S. National Parks and Forests should be protected?

_CJ screwed with this post 11-06-2012 at 03:42 PM
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #191
TaterHarry
Redneck Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,414
Quote:

Sig line material right there.
TaterHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #192
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterHarry View Post

Sig line material right there.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #193
TNC
Candyass Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ricketts View Post
You're right, doc...I don't want a politician who's going to do what I want him to do.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #194
HellSickle OP
Scone Rider

Quote:
You're right, doc...I don't want a politician who's going to do what I want him to do.
If only.... Instead, you get someone who says he's going to be all things, even if those things are in direct opposition to prior commitments.

In the end, what either one of the candidates will do is dictated by their "handlers".

Old 11-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #195
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Quote:
He is not talking to you down there in Abilene, Tejas, he is talking to those people on Wall Street who have the big bucks and to people like Karl Rove and Grover Norquist. Are they buds of yours?