User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
Touratuff OP
Ducatiwi

Oddometer: 26
Question To the End of The Road

Let's get this over straight away. I'am a 60 yr old virgin. Forum virgin that is , so lot's to learn on protocols and how too's. Any advise will most likely be welcomed from down under here in New Zealand.

After 26 years of being off a bike it was definately time to become re-accaquainted with a pair of wheels.
Of my previous 18 only 1 was a trail bike so not a great deal of off road experience, but biking is in my blood.
Inherited from my English parents who road bikes extensively in the 1940's to 60's.

My other half for these 26yrs was not impressed on the decision to get my leg over!!!
Now I hope you wont hold this against me, but over the years there was a special engine note that would ALWAYS
set the hairs on the back of my next upright.
So after a few test rides on a 600, 400, 620, 900, then a 1000cc, I chickened out and bought the more docile 400cc.
I have this inbuilt self preservation instinct that has kept me alive from many near death experiences (8) that I have learnt to trust.
Todays machines are so much more powerful than when I was riding earlier and I wanted to upskill first before venturing too far power wise.
Anyway enough of these ramblings.
You don't get this model bike in the USA (too gutless I expect) but it suits many of our road conditions down here.
So for the past 2 years I've become re-aquainted with the joy's of riding again on my 2004 Ducati Monster 400ie.
Slightly tweeked so it's putting out 46bhp at the wheel but sounds like it's big brother. I know, not much

Living in the lower part of the North Island of New Zealand leaves little scope for many 'out of the way rides' and places I had not visited many times over, so I decided to look at the idea of 'what is at the end of that road, hence the title.
So this first journey was taken on the first Sunday of August.
If I can get it to work here are the pic's with some comments, if they dont......HELP!!!!!!
Listed at: http://touratuff.smugmug.com

Old 10-02-2012, 02:43 AM   #2
Touratuff OP
Ducatiwi

Oddometer: 26
Question

Is this how it's done?
http://touratuff.smugmug.com/Motorcy...2911&k=bkRxsBQ