User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #1
de crowe OP
de crowe

Oddometer: 34
Al Jesse Luggage on 2014 F800 GSA

I have a set of jesse 10″ Odyssey II's which I would love to fit to my F800 GS Adventure. It appears there is no immediate fix as the GSA comes with rear crash bars/rear bmw adventure rails attached. anyone any ideas apart from selling the jesse's and buying the BMW stuff?

Unrelated picture of f800 gs adventure Zumo 550 tourtech mount
Attached Images

de crowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
GPHusky250
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
There are a couple of options for the F800GSA as of this writing....

OEM F800GSA Panniers available through BMW. (Made by the same company that provides panniers for Touratech)

Happy Trails F800GSA Panniers...http://www.happy-trail.com/BMW/F800G...nnier-kit.aspx

Wolfman Rocky Mountain Soft Bags (I have these)

Note:

I have talked to Touratech and they have no immediate plan to build Zega Pro Cases for the F800GSA.

I talked to Jesse at Morman Lake earlier this year and while he is interested in providing a solution...his concern was was width. Take a look at the Happy Trails Solution.

For me...hard panniers don't make a lot of sense offroad...they add weight, and can be damaged in a crash. Some say in a crash you can get your leg stuck under them, but I've not seen that.

Offroad...Wolfman's bags are relatively lightweight, aren't damaged in a crash and hold a considerable amount of gear. The downside is that they are not waterproof by themselves, you have to put your gear inside a supplied waterproof bag..so a bag within a bag. Not that big of a deal though.

Wolfman runs about $400 a set...Happytrails over a grand and the BMW stuff is +$1500.00.

If I were in the market for a set of hard panniers, I would look closely at Happy Trails.
GPHusky250 is offline   Reply With Quote