ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
Guirey OP
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Henderson NV
Oddometer: 2
2015 F800 GSA 600 mile check up

anyone know what do they check and the cost of the check up?
Guirey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
Wudnabob
Adventurer
 
Wudnabob's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Gainesville, FL
Oddometer: 74
for my 2014 it was about 230$

they change the oil and do a basic once over, nothing really special
__________________
-Bob
'14 F800 GSA
Wudnabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:23 AM   #3
FJRCraig
now with F800GS
 
FJRCraig's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Oddometer: 100
As above, oil change and check the bike over.

Mine was done in October. 146 (british pounds)…not exactly value for money but figured I'd better stick with the dealer servicing for the first year at least.

Craig
__________________
"Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way when you do, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes"
FJRCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:02 AM   #4
1994klr250
Studly Adventurer
 
1994klr250's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: SE michigan
Oddometer: 658
When I bought my gs in 2009 dealer wanted me to bring the bike back for the 600 mile service. I never did, I changed the oil myself. The only time the bike has been to the dealer was for items covered under warranty during the first 3 years. They never had an issue with me doing my own work and not covering something under warranty. So change the oil and filter your self and save the money.
__________________
2300 miles on a 250 all for a sticker http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616239
Fall ride on a KLR250 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754065

1994 KLR250, 2009 F800GS, 2006 KLX351
1994klr250 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #5
KGBz
Gnarly Adventurer
 
KGBz's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Glenmoore, PA
Oddometer: 173
When i took my 14 in for 600 miles, it was oil change and inspections. They also tightened the steering head bearings. Total cost was around $200.
__________________
Played too many scratchy lotteries...need a new vice.

-KGBz
KGBz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #6
docsherlock
Gnarly Adventurer
 
docsherlock's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: BC, sometimes
Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994klr250 View Post
When I bought my gs in 2009 dealer wanted me to bring the bike back for the 600 mile service. I never did, I changed the oil myself. The only time the bike has been to the dealer was for items covered under warranty during the first 3 years. They never had an issue with me doing my own work and not covering something under warranty. So change the oil and filter your self and save the money.
Fortunately for US bike owners, you have protection in law for warranty work despite home servicing. Europeans don't have this, unfortunately; one may get away with it if you can prove bike has been serviced "according to manufacturer's specifications" but home owners can't update software and need at least a GS911 to check error codes. Not easy on new bikes.
docsherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:48 PM   #7
Traumat1x
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by docsherlock View Post
Fortunately for US bike owners, you have protection in law for warranty work despite home servicing. Europeans don't have this, unfortunately; one may get away with it if you can prove bike has been serviced "according to manufacturer's specifications" but home owners can't update software and need at least a GS911 to check error codes. Not easy on new bikes.

yeah same here unfortunately.

But yeah.Oil change and the hooked it up to a computer in my case. I watched them do it. The seemed to be loading something. Maybe a after run in mapping? The bike sure felt a bit more getup and go from the bottom than it did before.
Traumat1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #8
shamoo
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2014
Location: Irvine, CA
Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGBz View Post
When i took my 14 in for 600 miles, it was oil change and inspections. They also tightened the steering head bearings. Total cost was around $200.
Same here. $210 at the dealer. Changed oil, tightened throttle, and replaced a hose clamp for some reason.
shamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015