ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: What is your current odometer reading?
<10,000 miles 21 22.34%
10,001 to 25,000 29 30.85%
25,001 to 50,000 30 31.91%
50,001 to 65,000 10 10.64%
65,0001 to 85,000 2 2.13%
85,001 to 100,000 1 1.06%
100,001 to 125,000 0 0%
>125,000 1 1.06%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #16
Ratchdaddy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Ratchdaddy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: 29 Palms, CA
Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenxr36 View Post
Hey Inmates,

Please post your current mileage!

I use my F800GS as a daily rider and have 29,000 miles on her. No major issues. Interested in hearing about issues with higher mileage bikes since thats where mines headed.

And can anyone confirm that the cam chain tensioners need to be replaced somewhere around 50,000 miles? And perhaps if you can post the price you paid for that service.

Thanks so much for any input!
I use mine for a commuter too and I'm at 31K. Starting to get a little nervous and wondering what sort of longevity I will get out of it. I just have my fuel tank replaced. I had a rocker leak early on and my fuel pump gasket failed within the first 600 miles, other than that, no problems.

I spent most of my time on pavement with some offroad desert excursions, mostly trails and some deep sand.

I hope I can get a lot more out of this bike since I still will be paying on it for a couple more years. Any thoughts from you higher mileage guys?
__________________
Ratchdaddy
2014 R1200 GSA
1988 NX250
1977 Condor
1987 Honda Spree
Ratchdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #17
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual
 
Motoriley's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Deepest darkest burbs of Montreal
Oddometer: 2,649
Pretty lame

4 summers and less than 20,000kms.....I really miss having free time.
__________________
04 Toyota Sienna, new wipers for 2011!!
Electricity (120 AC), Indoor Plumbing, new kitchen tap for 2010!!!
Color tube TV, Microwave Oven (yes she rotates!),Washer & Dryer,Paved Driveway,
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #18
francisthepig
Dances with Lurkers
 
francisthepig's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Fontana, CA
Oddometer: 150
2010 bought Dec 2009. 57K Miles on it. I use it daily as my commuter bike and put about 70 miles a day on it. Biggest expense so far was I had to replace the front rotors due to loose buttons. Also at that time I had to replace one of the front calibers because it was frozen and didn't float. Tech at dealer said that may have caused the rotors to go south. Just bought a battery for it, because I think my original one may be starting to go.
francisthepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #19
Mr_Wilson
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Bell Buckle, TN
Oddometer: 117
Bought my bike Feburary this year, currently about 21,000 miles. I use it to commute (~75 miles round trip), but will retire next year so my milaege rate should go down.
__________________
2012 BMW F650GS
Gold Rush, Advrider Style
Mr_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #20
O-Man
Adventurer
 
O-Man's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: So Oregon
Oddometer: 54
432 miles, one month old 2013 F800GS.
O-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #21
stevenxr36
AdvMonster
 
stevenxr36's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchdaddy View Post
I use mine for a commuter too and I'm at 31K. Starting to get a little nervous and wondering what sort of longevity I will get out of it. I just have my fuel tank replaced. I had a rocker leak early on and my fuel pump gasket failed within the first 600 miles, other than that, no problems.

I spent most of my time on pavement with some offroad desert excursions, mostly trails and some deep sand.

I hope I can get a lot more out of this bike since I still will be paying on it for a couple more years. Any thoughts from you higher mileage guys?
oh yeah, I forgot that happened to me as well, way back under 5k the water pump gasket failed, and I also had my tank replaced.
From what I've read the newer tank design holds up better.
__________________
"the one thing I know, is that I know nothing"
stevenxr36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #22
stevenxr36
AdvMonster
 
stevenxr36's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisthepig View Post
2010 bought Dec 2009. 57K Miles on it. I use it daily as my commuter bike and put about 70 miles a day on it. Biggest expense so far was I had to replace the front rotors due to loose buttons. Also at that time I had to replace one of the front calibers because it was frozen and didn't float. Tech at dealer said that may have caused the rotors to go south. Just bought a battery for it, because I think my original one may be starting to go.
Wow 57k, awesome, any work on the cam chain yet? or just the brakes?
__________________
"the one thing I know, is that I know nothing"
stevenxr36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #23
francisthepig
Dances with Lurkers
 
francisthepig's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Fontana, CA
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenxr36 View Post
Wow 57k, awesome, any work on the cam chain yet? or just the brakes?
No cam chain issues. I have regular maintenance done at Brown's BMW.
francisthepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #24
mapuda
Crash Tested
 
mapuda's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 261
Missed a milestone on my way home tonight. I knew it was close but forgot to watch the odo tick over. Before I shut down I looked at the odometer 49007. 2009 F800GS purchased in April of '09.
__________________
Anger makes you stupid and stupid gets you killed.
-Michonne
mapuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014