ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #61
AZ TOM OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,206
Not a lot of pics or story. Left home 7:30 18 degrees

Met Crilly 8:30 in Congress rode over to Alamo Lake Road. Crilly ready for the abuse of off road on tires with 35 lbs of air.

After crossing through a gate on New Alamo Rd, we saw the chain on Crilly's bike way too loose!. The adjuster on one side the bolt was over tight & gualled in to the aluminum & we rounded off trying to loosen. We pulled the wheel back, cinched down the axel nut & went on our way. Crilly coming into Powerline Rd & Swansea intersection.

We went into Parker to the Honda, Yamaha shop to get a new chain & put on new adjuster. Well if your ever in Parker & need anything for your bike forget this place. Lame is an understatement! The owner said he really only sold dirt bikes & parts but had no 520 chain? WHAT!! Could order one & would be here next week? He had to come outside & look at the bikes. Did not seem to know what a WR250R was!! We then headed for Havasu. Found a great little shop with a chain, loaned us some tools & we cured the problems & went on our way. Highly recommend this shop.

Got to the Colorado Bell. Had dinner slept & up early & on our way.

We hit the Mojave Trail & after a few miles decided with the way Crilly's bike was handling & another 100+ miles of sand & whoops I might have to leave him out there in the desert for the Buzzards We then headed south on 95 & started across the power line rd. over to Parker Dam. It was at this point we discovered 35 lbs of air in each tire 40 lbs over loaded. & now you know the rest of the story.

AZ TOM screwed with this post 11-15-2012 at 10:58 AM
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #62
Crilly
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
. I was surprised on how much more traction a few lbs of air can make. I thought it was just a little bit. At least after we lit the air out, I could at least keep Tom in sight.
Crilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:57 AM   #63
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
I asked how much air pressure he was running & he said 35 lbs I don't know how he made it that far with that much pressure without killing himself .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crilly View Post
. I was surprised on how much more traction a few lbs of air can make. I thought it was just a little bit. At least after we lit the air out, I could at least keep Tom in sight.
I run Bridgestone Ultra Heavy Duty Tubes and Pirelli MT43 trials tires on my WR250R...... ~10 PSI front and rear .....sometimes a tad less in the rear.......try it....
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com

Crawdaddy screwed with this post 11-16-2012 at 09:04 AM
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote