Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #2686
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by trespalacios View Post
I got late to the party but I have a very selfish interest to see John make it back to my native city to pick up the mighty KawaZuki that my dad helped fix. So this story is personal to me. Though I doubt Mr. 805gregg will chime in here again, I want to remind him he has a choice: he can choose to skip the "USA contractor edition report" the same way we choose to follow it.

John, you're a nice guy who apologizes to Gregg for not keeping him happy. No need though. We'll follow with the same enthusiasm your report on soldier's course or grout lines. Medellin is waiting on you and we're all here cheering.

Looking forward to following your story Tio Juanito
Hola Ricardo!,

Medellin is mejor. I can't wait to get back to the Sherpa and visit with Orlando.

Really appreciated the pics from your visit. Ahhhhh. Medellin. Some places in the world are better than others. Medellin is one of them.

Muchas gracias amigo,
Tio Juanito
Old 06-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #2687
TrevorHeath
Seattle to ??

Oddometer: 78
I did a search for a ride report by "805gregg"

Guess what I found?
Old 06-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #2688
rgiroux
Invisible Man

Oddometer: 2,306
Nice tile work! almost makes me want to destroy something so you could redo it.

2009 Alaska , 2010 Moab
2011 Calif Dreaming , 2013 Mexico
Old 07-01-2013, 05:36 AM   #2689
newhoco
stromnambulator

Oddometer: 47
Positive vibes.

Plus one on the positive feedback to your efforts , john . I too stopped lurking here when you parked your bike and headed north again , and only stumbled back in here this morning . I took Greg's animosity personally , too.
Hell , I've got to work to enable my riding too , right ?
Last winter , while reading your report from the comfort of my bed , I turned to my wife and told her : " I'm taking next winter off and riding south , as far as I can get . You and the kids can fly down and Join me for Christmas at some hidden Gem resort on the beach ... "

And she said - " You should , while you still can. "

So , keep writing , keep riding , I hope you are the one who rides up just as I'm wondering how to get my Vstrom : a) out of a ditch , b) up onto a canoe / ferry , c) repaired in a jungle shanty d) up the steps into the hotel lobby.....

Love your RR ,

Alex
Old 07-01-2013, 06:28 AM   #2690
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhoco View Post
Plus one on the positive feedback to your efforts , john . I too stopped lurking here when you parked your bike and headed north again , and only stumbled back in here this morning . I took Greg's animosity personally , too.
Hell , I've got to work to enable my riding too , right ?
Last winter , while reading your report from the comfort of my bed , I turned to my wife and told her : " I'm taking next winter off and riding south , as far as I can get . You and the kids can fly down and Join me for Christmas at some hidden Gem resort on the beach ... "

And she said - " You should , while you still can. "

So , keep writing , keep riding , I hope you are the one who rides up just as I'm wondering how to get my Vstrom : a) out of a ditch , b) up onto a canoe / ferry , c) repaired in a jungle shanty d) up the steps into the hotel lobby.....

Love your RR ,

Alex
Hi Alex,

Way to go! If just one person gets inspired to take off on a long trip after reading this ride report, my job is done.

I admire you married guys who figure out a way to take off on a long adventure.

A good bike, a vague plan and an understanding wife. It sounds like you've got all the bases covered. Hope to see you down south amigo.

Buena suerte,
Juan de Tulsa
Old 07-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #2691
Ratman
Lucky Rider

Oddometer: 1,161
Grampa's twin brother

John, don't you dare stop reporting because of a hater. There is a TR solution for 805Gregg. It's called 'Stop reading your report'.

For the rest of us, we enjoy everything you do. You fascinate me, and I want to know everything you do, and in the end, how much money you are able to save over a summer (if you choose to include that).

You are intelligent, positive, and entertaining. I wish that I had your talent in all things 'life'.

I wish I was in a position to contribute, but I am thankful to you guys that do pass considerations on to John.

Much Thanks to John and all.

From moto trailer
p.ratfab@gmail.com
Old 07-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #2692
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
John, don't you dare stop reporting because of a hater. There is a TR solution for 805Gregg. It's called 'Stop reading your report'.

For the rest of us, we enjoy everything you do. You fascinate me, and I want to know everything you do, and in the end, how much money you are able to save over a summer (if you choose to include that).

You are intelligent, positive, and entertaining. I wish that I had your talent in all things 'life'.

I wish I was in a position to contribute, but I am thankful to you guys that do pass considerations on to John.

Much Thanks to John and all.

From moto trailer
Hi Ratman,

Thanks for the kind words. They are an important contribution. When you're out in the world traveling for months at a time, you'd be amazed how much it can lift your spirits to get a thumbs up from someone walking down the road or a knowing smile from a good looking woman as you ride by.

That's quite a rig you've got going there. Looks like the ultimate Baja RV.

Saludos,
Amigo Juan
Old 07-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #2693
ratbikemike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
paying for the ride

John,
Hey!! Don't sell all that bmw airhead stuff til I've had a chance to sort through it... Tell me where to find it. I'll be needing the painted stuff, /6, all one color and a seat that makes it look fast. After it looks a bit better and has been been fiddled and tuned up a bit, it will be sold to help pay for another trip....Had that old bmw for well over twenty years. ratbikemike
Old 07-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #2694
Cmnthead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Keep up the good work

Hey Tio John
Just touching base with you, still enjoying your day by day reports, keep up the good work about reporting on your good work.

Cam and I are heading outta here in first week of November or so. We are starting to get a few things together for the trip. I'm sure I will have some pm messages for you with some questions.

And in case anyone was wondering, 805Gregg had moved over to another ride report, " Motos South! Florida to South America!" to harass her on her trip south. To bad there is not a way to keep the negative vibes in the trash bin before they post!

Anyway, good job my friend.

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.. H Thompson
Old 07-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #2695
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbikemike View Post
John,
Hey!! Don't sell all that bmw airhead stuff til I've had a chance to sort through it... Tell me where to find it. I'll be needing the painted stuff, /6, all one color and a seat that makes it look fast. After it looks a bit better and has been been fiddled and tuned up a bit, it will be sold to help pay for another trip....Had that old bmw for well over twenty years. ratbikemike
Hey ratbikemike!

Good to hear from you! I have the /6 parts you've been dreamin' about. You get the special price of free. You are living on the edge even more than me. Anything to help pay for your next trip. I'm your sponsor amigo. I'm pretty sure I have a matching tank, side covers and fenders for a /6. And a seat with grab rail.

I'll PM you when I get to Oregon later this month and see what I can send you.

Saludos,
ratbike juan

JDowns screwed with this post 07-01-2013 at 09:38 PM
Old 07-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #2696
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmnthead View Post
Hey Tio John
Just touching base with you, still enjoying your day by day reports, keep up the good work about reporting on your good work.

Cam and I are heading outta here in first week of November or so. We are starting to get a few things together for the trip. I'm sure I will have some pm messages for you with some questions.

And in case anyone was wondering, 805Gregg had moved over to another ride report, " Motos South! Florida to South America!" to harass her on her trip south. To bad there is not a way to keep the negative vibes in the trash bin before they post!

Anyway, good job my friend.
Hey Cmnthead,

I sure had fun hanging out at your Panama beach house. It still makes me smile thinking back to the time I spent with you, Cam and the other Phil. You guys are the best. And the money you stashed in my saddlebags when I wasn't looking? Let me tell you, that came in mighty handy when my bike got smashed down in the Kuna Yala. I owe you big time.

Glad to answer any questions you may have. Cam is lucky to have you as a dad.

Kickin' it to Panama from Ontario with your son on a moto trip. Life doesn't get much better than that! November will be here before you know it.

Saludos,
Juan Azuero

JDowns screwed with this post 07-01-2013 at 09:59 PM
Old 07-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #2697
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay View Post
Hey Klay,

Glad you are still following along. It means a lot to me amigo.

It's my job to entertain you next winter, and I take my job seriously.

Kindest regards,
Juan del Norte
Old 07-02-2013, 12:15 AM   #2698
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 100,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDowns View Post
Hey Klay,

Glad you are still following along. It means a lot to me amigo.

It's my job to entertain you next winter, and I take my job seriously.

Kindest regards,
Juan del Norte
I've been following from the start. Trying not to clutter things up too much. This has been a great narrative.

windigo
Old 07-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #2699
bESS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
John:

just checking in again. I've also been here from the start.

wanted you to know that I lurk and read more than I comment

safe travels. too bad I will miss you as I head East near Bassett

Looking forward to seeing more of your adventuring riding, fund raising projects

bob

current RR --> click here
Old 07-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #2700
Hektoglider
One with Life

Oddometer: 2,536
Maybe I'll hang a pair of socks in a tree out on the Salar, you can grab 'em on your way by.....they should be aired out pretty good by the time you roll through.

Finding some good Sherpa roads for you to try out