ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-2014, 12:37 AM   #4531
Travelbugblues
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Travelbugblues's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Home: Seattle, Current Mission: South America!
Oddometer: 310
South America and back on a 250 Super Sherpa Minimalist Adventure

Tioooo! Guess where I am? Wichita Falls with two LOVELY people I think you know :)

Wish we had been able to meet up in Texas. I unfortunately got stuck on a friend's couch for 4 days in my pajamas. Stuck. Didn't see any of the friends I had intended to visit :( 20,000 miles down and I am pretty much exhausted. So boooooy did I get some serious sleeping done!! Only a couple more weeks and this particular journey is done... :(


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Travelbugblues is offline  
Old 08-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #4532
prsdrat
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 686
Well, it never crossed my mind to think that you might still be in E.Texas.
I just returned from the Lufkin area and if I had thought to look(or even
take my computer with me) before I left, I would have made it a point to
look you up for some beer & BBQ.
So, if you make it out here in the San Diego area, give a yell.
__________________
"Can't never could."-Grandma Belle Marie Bullock-Shuflin
prsdrat is online now  
Old 08-13-2014, 09:37 PM   #4533
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Bassett, NE
Oddometer: 2,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by prsdrat View Post
Well, it never crossed my mind to think that you might still be in E.Texas.
I just returned from the Lufkin area and if I had thought to look(or even
take my computer with me) before I left, I would have made it a point to
look you up for some beer & BBQ.
So, if you make it out here in the San Diego area, give a yell.
Hi prsdrat,

I will definitely look you up next time I head to Baja. Crankin' and bankin' from Anza Borrego up through Julian and down to north county San Diego is a fun way to spend an afternoon. Hope to see you soon amigo.

Your ADVpal,
Juan Borrego
__________________
South America and back on a 250 Super Sherpa Minimalist Adventure
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831076
JDowns is offline  
Old 08-13-2014, 09:48 PM   #4534
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Bassett, NE
Oddometer: 2,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbugblues View Post
Tioooo! Guess where I am? Wichita Falls with two LOVELY people I think you know :)

Wish we had been able to meet up in Texas. I unfortunately got stuck on a friend's couch for 4 days in my pajamas. Stuck. Didn't see any of the friends I had intended to visit :( 20,000 miles down and I am pretty much exhausted. So boooooy did I get some serious sleeping done!! Only a couple more weeks and this particular journey is done... :(


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No worries. Glad you made it up to Wichita Falls to the Animal Instinct compound. Scott and Lois are the best. And hanging out with Schizzman for a few days is great therapy for a travel weary soul. ADVriders offer sanctuary for nomadic folks like you and me. Just be sure to pay it forward in the future as life allows. And thanks for keeping up your ride report. Keep up the good work!

Safe travels on your way home

Buen Viaje,
Tio Juan
__________________
South America and back on a 250 Super Sherpa Minimalist Adventure
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831076

JDowns screwed with this post 08-13-2014 at 09:58 PM
JDowns is offline  
Old 08-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #4535
Ratman
Lucky Rider
 
Ratman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Baja is good
Oddometer: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDowns View Post
Hi prsdrat,

I will definitely look you up next time I head to Baja. Crankin' and bankin' from Anza Borrego up through Julian and down to north county San Diego is a fun way to spend an afternoon. Hope to see you soon amigo.

Your ADVpal,
Juan Borrego
Be sure to let me in on a meetup when You get to North San Diego County. Oceanside here.
__________________
Ratman.......Pete .... My Solo Continental Divide Ride
....and of course, Luck beats good...
OLDEN DAYS...mostly BAJA
p.ratfab@gmail.com
Ratman is offline  
Old 08-14-2014, 09:01 PM   #4536
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Bassett, NE
Oddometer: 2,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
Be sure to let me in on a meetup when You get to North San Diego County. Oceanside here.
I have fond memories of Oceanside. Back when I owned the biggest plant store in L.A. in the early 80's I used to spend every Thursday night in Oceanside before hitting the nurseries in Encinitas and Vista on Friday morning and loading up my truck.

Those old nurseries have probably turned into subdivisions by now I imagine.

I'll definitely look you up next time I'm down your way Mr. Ratman.

Your ADVpal,
Tio Juanito
__________________
South America and back on a 250 Super Sherpa Minimalist Adventure
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831076
JDowns is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 07:10 AM   #4537
trisailer
n00b
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Thailand - Maine - Florida...Thailand?
Oddometer: 3
Your character influenced this lurker

Hi John,

It's hard to know how we might influence/motivate people who read your ride reports. I figured it was time that I check in say yellow and thank you for motivating me to go for my current adventure.

I was living the good life in Pattaya, Thailand and thinking it was a little too comfortable...so, I bought a 2009 Super Sherpa, in perfect condition, off Craigs list in Maine and now am 3 weeks into a tour of Maine. My son lives here so we get to visit in between trips to the woods.

At the end of the summer, my plan is to ride the back roads to Florida and then who knows...I'm working on getting up my own ride report.

Thanks for motivating me to get off my butt and get out there. I was sore as hell the first few weeks, but I'm coming around.

Thanks again for your (and everyone's, RR's) I'm learning how much work they are to produce.

Best regards Bill
trisailer is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #4538
BarkBuster79
n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Fernie B.C.
Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trisailer View Post
Hi John,

It's hard to know how we might influence/motivate people who read your ride reports. I figured it was time that I check in say yellow and thank you for motivating me to go for my current adventure.

I was living the good life in Pattaya, Thailand and thinking it was a little too comfortable...so, I bought a 2009 Super Sherpa, in perfect condition, off Craigs list in Maine and now am 3 weeks into a tour of Maine. My son lives here so we get to visit in between trips to the woods.

At the end of the summer, my plan is to ride the back roads to Florida and then who knows...I'm working on getting up my own ride report.

Thanks for motivating me to get off my butt and get out there. I was sore as hell the first few weeks, but I'm coming around.

Thanks again for your (and everyone's, RR's) I'm learning how much work they are to produce.

Best regards Bill

Ditto here Bill, John and others have also inspired my ride south aswell. I will be in Florida for November and December this year and heading south from there in 2015. If your still down Florida way and want to hit up a ride together track me down.. safe travels!

John
BarkBuster79 is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #4539
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Bassett, NE
Oddometer: 2,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by trisailer View Post
Hi John,

It's hard to know how we might influence/motivate people who read your ride reports. I figured it was time that I check in say yellow and thank you for motivating me to go for my current adventure.

I was living the good life in Pattaya, Thailand and thinking it was a little too comfortable...so, I bought a 2009 Super Sherpa, in perfect condition, off Craigs list in Maine and now am 3 weeks into a tour of Maine. My son lives here so we get to visit in between trips to the woods.

At the end of the summer, my plan is to ride the back roads to Florida and then who knows...I'm working on getting up my own ride report.

Thanks for motivating me to get off my butt and get out there. I was sore as hell the first few weeks, but I'm coming around.

Thanks again for your (and everyone's, RR's) I'm learning how much work they are to produce.

Best regards Bill
Hi Bill,

So good to hear you are out on the road seeing the sights! Pattaya is nice. I was there years ago out to Ko Lan and Ko Phai. Have to go back someday.

Look forward to reading your ride reports. Florida is just a quick hop to Colombia. 3 hour flight for you and the Sherpa.

You can join Heitoglider, Thorne and me for the third annual South America Super Sherpa Rally. It will be happening next winter.

Hope to see you down there amigo.

Your ADVpal,
Tio Juanito
__________________
South America and back on a 250 Super Sherpa Minimalist Adventure
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831076
JDowns is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 09:40 PM   #4540
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Bassett, NE
Oddometer: 2,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkBuster79 View Post
Ditto here Bill, John and others have also inspired my ride south aswell. I will be in Florida for November and December this year and heading south from there in 2015. If your still down Florida way and want to hit up a ride together track me down.. safe travels!

John
Hi Barkbuster79'

Fernie is just down the road from my favorite Southeast BC highway 3A down to Creston. There's some great summer riding in your neighborhood.

Florida and South America are tops in December though.

Hope to see you down the road.

Saludos,
Tio Envierno del Sol
__________________
South America and back on a 250 Super Sherpa Minimalist Adventure
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831076
JDowns is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 11:16 PM   #4541
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Bassett, NE
Oddometer: 2,652
Was out riding and camping up in Arkansas for the past few days with my Texas ADV buddies.

Here's bigdon on the left who was riding his 990 Adventure, and Rick "let's ride you bitches"M on the right who was on his kickass Yamaha Tenere.



Along with LD on his Triumph Tiger:



More coming......
__________________
South America and back on a 250 Super Sherpa Minimalist Adventure
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831076
JDowns is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 11:35 PM   #4542
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Bassett, NE
Oddometer: 2,652
Arkansas is a beautiful state with plenty great twisty roads like 123 Pig Trail along with great backcountry riding:





And there's nothing better than Texas humor and riding with smooth, safe, spirited ADVriders down twisty backroads through the Ozarks.

Really fun weekend.
__________________
South America and back on a 250 Super Sherpa Minimalist Adventure
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831076
JDowns is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 02:03 AM   #4543
slowoldguy
Tire Tester
 
slowoldguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: West of Waco, Texas
Oddometer: 8,462
Oh. Come. On. Rick M? Big Don? Arkysaw? Where the hell was I? Grrrrrr.
__________________
RTB V- The Texas ADV Rally- Hurry before we fuck this up!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
"If you can't fix it with a hammer you can damn sure teach it a lesson".
slowoldguy is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 05:47 AM   #4544
bigdon
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Oddometer: 2,551
It was quite a crew!

__________________
ADV Relay Rider 08 (The Texas Connection)
Ride Pooie Ride

Don't stop riding until you get to the crash , you might save it!
bigdon is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 07:14 AM   #4545
adventurebound9517
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ.
Oddometer: 304
J.D.
Are you riding your new bike?
adventurebound9517 is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014