User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #286
kkrider
mountain endurance rider

Oddometer: 16
Sunday drivers

I think with the trendy popularity of HDs. You get that casual kind of scared rider. I live 30 minutes from suburbia and on the weekend the riding I see from a lot of HD riders sucks especial when there wife is on her own bike. And I just putting around on my little 650 gs(which is for sale).yes they are mountain roads but the supported limit is 55. They are doing lime 35 or 40. I don't see it from the crotch rockets or the gs style riders.
kkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #287
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by opmike View Post
How did you come to the conclusion that this was due to you being on a Harley-Davidson and not just them being assholes or otherwise unconcerned about you? You're not the first person to be stuck being a bunch of guys in their own parade. Also, not everyone is going to let you by just because you're riding at a faster pace, and if they are going the speed limit, they quite frankly have no obligation to do so beyond courtesy.

What is wrong with courtesy - and sharing the road?

Advanced riders here in the UK are taught that you should pull over for people who want to ride faster than you, even if they are exceeding the speed limit. By blocking them you are probably raising their blood pressure and encouraging them to do something dangerous - in which case you are an accessory in the moral sense.
I believe that not pulling over to let a faster rider through is bad manners - whether you are on a Goldwing at 15mph or mounted on a Yamaha R1 doing 110mph.

I am not in any way condoning breaking the speed limit or treating the highway like a racetrack.
John Bentall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #288
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
The loops get stuck on the shifter and you tip over like a cartoon.

(for those who don't run with a training wheel that is...)
Don't laugh, this was the cause of my first "down" 30 minutes after I left the dealer on my brand new Suzuki TS50X

Incredibly proud 16 year old (un) gracefully topples over at a set of traffic lights in front of about 30 witnesses. :mad:
Old 11-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #289
Barry
Just Beastly

Oddometer: 7,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bentall View Post
What is wrong with courtesy - and sharing the road?

Advanced riders here in the UK are taught that you should pull over for people who want to ride faster than you, even if they are exceeding the speed limit. By blocking them you are probably raising their blood pressure and encouraging them to do something dangerous - in which case you are an accessory in the moral sense.
I believe that not pulling over to let a faster rider through is bad manners - whether you are on a Goldwing at 15mph or mounted on a Yamaha R1 doing 110mph.

I am not in any way condoning breaking the speed limit or treating the highway like a racetrack.
Courtesy combined with common sense. Sad we can't all get on the bandwagon and let everyone just go at their own pace. Whether you agree with said pace or not.

Barry

Do not do business with Myrtle West Cycle... Not a reputable vendor by a long shot.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote