Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #391
Chessie-Owner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
As a guy I can do many gross things but farting on command is not one of them. My girlfriend does however love the fact I do it in my sleep... It is also much more socially exceptable being a guy.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #392
Krakatoa
Waiting...

Oddometer: 59
Wow! Great adventure and great writing to let us know how you felt on your amazing trip.

You mentioned being surprised on getting 100k views. I think your ride and writing style made people want to follow you. I read it all recently over a few days ago and wanted to say thanks for taking the time and effort to put it all together. Lots of inspiration and motivation for all of us to dream big.
Krakatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:28 AM   #393
TH
There and Here

Oddometer: 912
It was another excellent installment. You are unique, in that you bring in a very personal perspective to your adventure. It is something many writers, or wannabe writers, struggle with, including myself.

It's just not the pictures and I did this and/or I did that report, but an illustratration of how the two wheeled adventure is an extension of yourself, by bringing in your personal thoughts and perspectives. It is an amazing example of truthful writing.

OhhRahh!
NOVA Tag-o-Rama Map
TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #394
motolab
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico2072 View Post
Farting on command is a myth for us guys....
What is the allegory, simile or metaphor contained in this myth?

Regards,

Derek
motolab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #395
ut01422
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Enjoyed Your Adventure

"Virginia to Alaska" first got my attantion as that is my retirement dream for this time March 2014, but I'll be taking 7 or so months to enjoy "Pulaski, Virginia to Prudhoe Bay" via all points inbetween. Just found your ride report a couple days ago, but from your first post of borrowing the helment, test driving the bike, & heading out for an adventure outside your confort zone kept me hanging on your every word. All I can say is WOW & Thank You for the inspiration. Sounds like you filled that hole in your Heart & you have Plenty of HeartGreat Job
ut01422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #396
dnorton
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Mantanuska

I took the MV Mantanuska from Seattle to Skagway - 1981.....sigh....lots of peeps camping out on deck then through. Guessing Anna wasn't even born then.
dnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #397
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by motolab View Post
What is the allegory, simile or metaphor contained in this myth?

Regards,

Derek
None. Just the truth.
If you are a guy and you can fart on command, that means you actually held it in for a very long time.
Probably not good for you either.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #398
motolab
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
None. Just the truth.
If you are a guy and you can fart on command, that means you actually held it in for a very long time.
Probably not good for you either.
Now I'm really confused. If we substitute the word "truth" for the word "myth", then we get, "Farting on command is a truth for us guys....". I thought the gist of what you were saying is that it is generally not possible to fart on command.

Regards,

Derek
Old 03-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #399
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Now I'm really confused. If we substitute the word "truth" for the word "myth", then we get, "Farting on command is a truth for us guys....". I thought the gist of what you were saying is that it is generally not possible to fart on command.

Regards,

Derek
Yes, that is what I'm saying! LOL
If a guy says he can fart on command he is lying! lol
Old 03-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #400
motolab
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
If a guy says he can fart on command he is lying! lol
You said, "Farting on command is a myth for us guys....". Now you are saying, "If a guy says he can fart on command he is lying!". Which is it? I is a myth, or is it a lie? Again, if it is a myth, then what is the allegory, simile or metaphor contained in it?

Regards,

Derek
Old 03-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #401
doc4216
Chronic High Fiver

Oddometer: 401
Nothing like waking up on a Sunday with a cup of coffee and getting to read the latest installment....yes, I am hooked on this one!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #402
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,578
Virginia to Alaska and back on an '86 Yamaha Radian

Quote:
You said, "Farting on command is a myth for us guys....". Now you are saying, "If a guy says he can fart on command he is lying!". Which is it? I is a myth, or is it a lie? Again, if it is a myth, then what is the allegory, simile or metaphor contained in it?

Regards,

Derek
Allow me to help you guys out. Farting on command isn't a myth or a lie, but a goal that few achieve. There have been cases where those mastering this manly atribute have developed TFS later in life because of over use. Be very careful what you wish for.

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend
mikegc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #403
Cafe Racer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffntuff View Post
Day 13:
June 2, 2012
Liard Hot Springs, BC – Teslin Lake, YT: 335mi

Not a soul was camping there and it was only $10 to stay. I knocked on the door of the office, which was actually the host’s house. I asked about the canoes and he said I could take one out free of charge. I didn’t hesitate to stay.

It was a beautiful spot. The water was so calm and crystal clear surrounded by white tipped mountains. I felt peaceful here. I was really beginning to enjoy my trip, being alone. I felt confident for once in my life.

Awesome report!

Been reading on and off for a week. You finally struck my emotional cord. I am so proud of you. Staying real. Staying solid. Congratulations to finding yourself.

Miguel
Old 03-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #404
Travrsx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Greatly enjoying this report. I will ride Alaska, someday. Keep up the good work Anna!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #405
totomoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
I really enjoyed reading your RR. I read it in two evenings. It even made me consider riding to Alaska although the cold and rain never intrigued me, so it wasn't on my wish list for riding, esp. because I prefer camping on road trips. It sounds like the fascinating landscape and solitude of Alaska really make up for the suffering and even offer some healing. Thanks, Anna. You are really inspiring.
totomoto is offline   Reply With Quote