Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2014, 12:02 AM   #796
PishPosh
n000000b

Oddometer: 356
Great report and writing Anna! Your writing very is immersive, and I am thoroughly enjoying the expressed details of thoughts and feelings throughout your journey. Thanks for taking the time to share such an epic trip!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:26 AM   #797
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,735
Just got to read this this morning. Great update. I had tried earlier on my iPad and it was black print on a black background?? Tapatalk fixed it.
Thanks Anna, I'll try to be more patient for the next update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:03 PM   #798
jabreu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Thumb Scaggs Springs Rd.

Anna. Since Billy is from Cloverdale . Did he show you Scaggs Springs Rd. ? It goes from Cloverdale out to hiway #1. A great ride. also, Tin barn Rd. Thanks for putting in the effort of this report !
jabreu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #799
Kawi-Mike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Incredible report

Anna,
Your whole report has been absolutely fantastic! I hope at least one of the inmates in the Charlottesville area has taken Bee down to the Devils Backbone for all the beer he can drink for his continued help along the way!
91 ZX 11
78 Z1R
Kawi-Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:58 AM   #800
Libertynh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Shared Sense of Loss

Having lost my sister who was the one person who I knew, no matter what, I would be able to connect with and draw support from throughout life I share your sense of loss. It's been fifteen years for me but the impact has not lessened.
I too am drawn to the aloneness of of my motorcycle and the deep woods. Beyond that I have raised two young women hopefully also not to feel limited in their choices. Your story touches and inspires. Thank you!
Libertynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #801
Chip Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,828
Radian ride

Anna, when are you riding the Radian back to Virginia? Or, have you become a westerner?

Looking forward to reading about your travels.
Chip Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #802
Wingfixer
Watch this...

Oddometer: 3,280
A little late to the party but, SUBSCRIBED!! Awesome ride and report, makes me want to jump on the bike and ride!
Old 05-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #803
whiteh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Thanks!

Anna
I read every word and enjoyed it all. I believe your ride and ability to describe your feelings are the things that keep all of us riding along. Keep up the great work.
whiteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:39 AM   #804
749duc
life is indeed good

Oddometer: 43
Thumb Thanks

As many have already expressed, just a word of thanks for this terrific ride report! I look forward to each installment and would certainly purchase your book when published. You have an extremely vibrant writing style that's simply enjoyable to read.
749duc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:24 AM   #805
jerrybiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Great Ride

Been a great ride so far. Like everyone else I am looking forward to more.
jerrybiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:21 PM   #806
Francois
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Experience

What you do with your words is a kindness to many jaded adventurers. Adventure is about personality, and willingness to endure risk. Risk mitigation is the skill most important because you must survive the learning curve before you get the critical experience needed to recognize the danger and continue forward. You have earned every bit of your irreplaceable experience. You gave me part of my youth again. Please never choose $ making over adventure, or make excuses about not going on adventures due to $. I rode off road from my house in central NM to Yellowstone and back for over 2weeks for $250. I only saw ranchers, cowboys, and cowgirls, hunters, and gas station employees the entire time. I applaud you, and hope you find what your after.

Francois screwed with this post 05-25-2014 at 08:05 PM
Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:39 PM   #807
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,029
Totally agree. When she first started posting, the ride was still fresh in her mind and heart. As we know, time heals all wounds, and I believe she has started healing, and the urgency to write, and the emotion within the writing has waned. Personally, I am happy for her that the past is hopefully becoming just that.

If any reader has read Ozymandias' KLR650 RR thread, you know the immense emotion that can go into one of these reports. Luckily, Anna, unlike Ozy, had a successful ending to her ride, and for that I am very glad. Anna, when you are ready, please share with us how your trip ended, and how/what you are up to today. A faithful reader from the beginning, tomp dd50
Old 06-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #808
BobZader
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cheese View Post
Thanks CharlestonADV and Dirt, but I have experience with a fully loaded Radian like that, and it really didn't affect the mileage much...
My Uncle sold me his 86 Radian back in Oct 2013. After a title screw up, I started riding in Nov and I've ridden it over 12K miles at this point. When I thought I should have a top case to hold my helmet and over-pants rather than lugging it around everywhere, RuffNTuff's photo's showed me how much a Radian could take.

I've ridden those 12K miles loaded up with different packages in different situations. The fullest I've ever been loaded up was two pair of Nellson Riggs saddle bags, one in front of the other, one wet bag draped over the front saddle bags and seat, a full top case, three gallons of fuel and water, a bundle of fire wood, and a camp chair; I don't have a wind shield.

Point is, whenever I've ridden w/ saddle bags, even one pair, I would clock 80mpg before I needed to switch to the reserve, no matter what. The most I could hope for from a full tank is 105 miles before I felt like I was being stupid not gassing up. Driving to work, with just the top case, I get 45mpg and last about 110 to before I need to switch to reserve. Then I figure I've got at least 30 miles before I'm walking.
BobZader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #809
moe50
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Wow, thank you for sharing. I don't comment much here, but had to tell you I think your an amazing young lady. I asked my daughter to read your report, I'm looking forward to the discussion.
moe50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #810
RefJeff
Is it Friday yet?

Oddometer: 165
It's been 3 months since ruffntuff's last update. It's a great report but it's easy to forget about it at this pace.

RefJeff screwed with this post 07-24-2014 at 01:37 PM
RefJeff is offline   Reply With Quote