Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #811
BobZader
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cheese View Post
Thanks CharlestonADV and Dirt, but I have experience with a fully loaded Radian like that, and it really didn't affect the mileage much...
My Uncle sold me his 86 Radian back in Oct 2013. After a title screw up, I started riding in Nov and I've ridden it over 12K miles at this point. When I thought I should have a top case to hold my helmet and over-pants rather than lugging it around everywhere, RuffNTuff's photo's showed me how much a Radian could take.

I've ridden those 12K miles loaded up with different packages in different situations. The fullest I've ever been loaded up was two pair of Nellson Riggs saddle bags, one in front of the other, one wet bag draped over the front saddle bags and seat, a full top case, three gallons of fuel and water, a bundle of fire wood, and a camp chair; I don't have a wind shield.

Point is, whenever I've ridden w/ saddle bags, even one pair, I would clock 80mpg before I needed to switch to the reserve, no matter what. The most I could hope for from a full tank is 105 miles before I felt like I was being stupid not gassing up. Driving to work, with just the top case, I get 45mpg and last about 110 to before I need to switch to reserve. Then I figure I've got at least 30 miles before I'm walking.
BobZader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #812
moe50
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Wow, thank you for sharing. I don't comment much here, but had to tell you I think your an amazing young lady. I asked my daughter to read your report, I'm looking forward to the discussion.
moe50 is offline   Reply With Quote