User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #841
Oldone
One day at a time!

Oddometer: 652
Great RR

This is such an awesome RR and I can't help but feel so happy that you're doing this with your brother in mind. It must mean a lot to you! Thanks very much for sharing such a time!

Gary "Oldone"

Grampa’s Lake Superior Ride
Grampa’s National Monument Ride
Oldone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:13 PM   #842
robcig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Semper Tyrannis View Post
Nice bike that zrx. Got one myself!
Me too, in lime green...love it!
robcig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:44 AM   #843
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,384
Well, it took me a few weeks of on and off reading to finally read your whole report. What a breath of fresh air on riding reports. I'll for sure keep this url booked marked and check it weekly for any updates on your journey though life. Thanks for all the time and work to share this trip with us. I so suck at ride reports of my own journeys. LOL!

A '00 KLR 650 38,000 miles, A '07 1250S 75,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 75,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #844
EllemNovelli
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Radian Ride

I have an '89 Radian myself, and I took it on a few short trips. I've since upgraded to a V-Strom, but the girlfriend is riding the Radian now. If you ever find yourself in Minnesota, let me know and we'd be happy to ride with you! It is very encouraging to know the Radian is capable of long distance touring. What bags/luggage did you have on the bike?

Make sure to post some of your pictures on the Radian facebook group, they'd love to see those photos!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/21338072626/

I wish you many years of great riding!
EllemNovelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:50 PM   #845
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 5,018
Thanks for popping up which reminds me I rode a rally in Mongolia in 2010 and there are still people waiting for me to post the last day
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #846
Scrapiron
n00b

Oddometer: 3
What an adventure!!!

Anna-

I put this on my favorites list to catch up. I have to admire your spirit, resilience, patience and character. After riding for over 50 years, my biggest regret may be the fact that I didn't get into long rides until way too late. This site has some incredible stories, and they surpass anything I have done on a bike, but your story is particularly significant because of the reason you got on board and took off. Your brother would be more than proud of you and your ride and your dedication to his memory. You are an incredible young woman, and I hope you can continue to take the road less traveled.
Scrapiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #847
anywheels
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
I am in awe. I found the thread and read through over a couple days. Reading about your life adventures, losses, and treasured moments, I cant wait for the conclusion of this trip. Your descriptions add so much dimension to your travels. Your insight make this one of the best threads on the site!
anywheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:36 PM   #848
CutterBill
I hate motorcycles

Oddometer: 6
What an amazing woman

Found this RR last week; I'm finally caught up. Now I have to wait for updates like the rest of you inmates.
CutterBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:59 AM   #849
elkgrichard
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllemNovelli View Post
I have an '89 Radian myself, and I took it on a few short trips. I've since upgraded to a V-Strom, but the girlfriend is riding the Radian now. If you ever find yourself in Minnesota, let me know and we'd be happy to ride with you! It is very encouraging to know the Radian is capable of long distance touring. What bags/luggage did you have on the bike?

Make sure to post some of your pictures on the Radian facebook group, they'd love to see those photos!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/21338072626/

I wish you many years of great riding!

Go back to the start of the ride report and you will see pictures of the bike set up before she leaves on the trip and she talks about setting the bike up for the trip. She probably will not answer your question because that information was already covered long ago and is at the start of the ride report.
elkgrichard is offline   Reply With Quote