User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #841
Oldone
One day at a time!

Oddometer: 652
Great RR

This is such an awesome RR and I can't help but feel so happy that you're doing this with your brother in mind. It must mean a lot to you! Thanks very much for sharing such a time!

Gary "Oldone"

Grampa’s Lake Superior Ride
Grampa’s National Monument Ride
Oldone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:13 PM   #842
robcig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Semper Tyrannis View Post
Nice bike that zrx. Got one myself!
Me too, in lime green...love it!
robcig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:44 AM   #843
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,425
Well, it took me a few weeks of on and off reading to finally read your whole report. What a breath of fresh air on riding reports. I'll for sure keep this url booked marked and check it weekly for any updates on your journey though life. Thanks for all the time and work to share this trip with us. I so suck at ride reports of my own journeys. LOL!

A '00 KLR 650 39,000 miles, A '07 1250S 77,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 76,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:04 PM   #844
EllemNovelli
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Radian Ride

I have an '89 Radian myself, and I took it on a few short trips. I've since upgraded to a V-Strom, but the girlfriend is riding the Radian now. If you ever find yourself in Minnesota, let me know and we'd be happy to ride with you! It is very encouraging to know the Radian is capable of long distance touring. What bags/luggage did you have on the bike?

Make sure to post some of your pictures on the Radian facebook group, they'd love to see those photos!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/21338072626/

I wish you many years of great riding!
EllemNovelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #845
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 5,316
Thanks for popping up which reminds me I rode a rally in Mongolia in 2010 and there are still people waiting for me to post the last day
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #846
Scrapiron
n00b

Oddometer: 3
What an adventure!!!

Anna-

I put this on my favorites list to catch up. I have to admire your spirit, resilience, patience and character. After riding for over 50 years, my biggest regret may be the fact that I didn't get into long rides until way too late. This site has some incredible stories, and they surpass anything I have done on a bike, but your story is particularly significant because of the reason you got on board and took off. Your brother would be more than proud of you and your ride and your dedication to his memory. You are an incredible young woman, and I hope you can continue to take the road less traveled.
Scrapiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #847
anywheels
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
I am in awe. I found the thread and read through over a couple days. Reading about your life adventures, losses, and treasured moments, I cant wait for the conclusion of this trip. Your descriptions add so much dimension to your travels. Your insight make this one of the best threads on the site!
anywheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #848
CutterBill
I hate motorcycles

Oddometer: 41
What an amazing woman

Found this RR last week; I'm finally caught up. Now I have to wait for updates like the rest of you inmates.
CutterBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:59 AM   #849
elkgrichard
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllemNovelli View Post
I have an '89 Radian myself, and I took it on a few short trips. I've since upgraded to a V-Strom, but the girlfriend is riding the Radian now. If you ever find yourself in Minnesota, let me know and we'd be happy to ride with you! It is very encouraging to know the Radian is capable of long distance touring. What bags/luggage did you have on the bike?

Make sure to post some of your pictures on the Radian facebook group, they'd love to see those photos!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/21338072626/

I wish you many years of great riding!

Go back to the start of the ride report and you will see pictures of the bike set up before she leaves on the trip and she talks about setting the bike up for the trip. She probably will not answer your question because that information was already covered long ago and is at the start of the ride report.
elkgrichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #850
OdyBandit
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Thumb

Just came across this RR today. Checked on local craigs list and seen an 86 radian for---$1000
OdyBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:55 PM   #851
Chip Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,866
Radian

Anna, you have turned the Radian into a cult bike!
Chip Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:57 AM   #852
nomadb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
I have been reading the posts of Anna for a while. I went back to the first page and read the opening lines of her first post again. Than looked at the picture how she packed up rode out!

Well Done Anna! Congratulations!

The best part is your journey was not really limited with the short vacation period. That is the best part, to be able to travel untill one feels OK, I had enough lets stop for a while!

I hope this also gives you some motivation to post a bit more about the journey Ehh?

Again congratulations.
nomadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:46 AM   #853
pman13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. You once again have shown it isn't about the bike or the latest gear, but simply the desire to be on the road.
2000 YZ 125 and 2007 KTM 990 Adventurer S
Member of: GLDS, NOMADS, AMA
pman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #854
GuillermoM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
A post from Uruguay, South America

Anna,

I’ve been reading your posts since page 1 and like everybody else here I was completely caught up in the story.

I’m looking forward to know how your love story had continued, and how was your ride back to Virginia…
Please remember that Virginia to Alaska “and back” is the name of the thread!!
In any case, thank you very much for sharing your fantastic experience… you’re a very nice and honest writer…

I’m from Uruguay, South America, and if you ever plan to ride to this part of the world you’re welcome to my home in Montevideo. I would be proud to offer you whatever help you could need.

I’ve been riding through California this year with my wife and local friends. We enjoyed very much the whole experience. We’re planning to repeat the ride in 2015, this time visiting places like the Grand Canyon, and Zion Park…

I've posted some sketches of our last Californian riding experience in:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=980659

But I have to warn you and everybody who risks visiting the thread: I’m definitely not a good writer! That’s quite clear after reading your amazing posts, Anna! So… you can enjoy the pics!

2011 BMW R 1200 GS

GuillermoM screwed with this post 11-04-2014 at 07:36 AM
GuillermoM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #855
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,058
Anna, we know the toll it must take for you to continue adding to this report, but so many, like I, have been following you since the beginning, and feel a real kinship to you and your reasons for making the trip in the first place.

I will stay subscribed, and hope that you will add more words of wonderment to this thread about your return trip, and most of all, the outcome of your love life, the trip brought to you. Sadly, us old guys have to live vicariously through you young ones today...