Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #226
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,499
Thanks for the info, guys. Turn 15, row 20 or higher next year.

Pay the lady, PirateJohn, you thieving piece of garbage.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Jim Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #227
JimNtexas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
Friday practice session, taken from grandstand. They didn't check tickets on Friday, you could sit anywhere.

You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
- Dave Barry
JimNtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:43 AM   #228
Uncle Duke
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Wanna see the 2104 cota motogp race for free?

Hey, Race Fans! No joke! Volunteers are need for the 2014 COTA MotoGP and for more info, check out the new thread in Racing. If you want to just go to the COTA Volunteer site, here is the link: http://circuitoftheamericas.com/volunteer-motogp.

ADV volunteers came to the rescue last year for COTA and everyone did an excellent job and had a great time. Don't worry if you don't have a lot of experience as a corner marshal, or no experience for that matter, as the COTA people learned that ADV members make the BEST corner workers, learn quickly and are the best people on two wheels. OK, maybe that's a bit of hyperbole but that's my opinion and we did a great job last year for both COTA and Indy, where ADV volunteers are held in high esteem.

So please consider being a race volunteer and remember, ya can't buy a view of the action like we get, hangin' out on a corner!
Uncle Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:26 PM   #229
Kawasakirob
Flick the Bean

Oddometer: 525

I'll be there again
Go Crutchlow #35
Go Hayden #69
Go Sykes #66
Go Stoner #27
Kawasakirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #230
Zeekster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
eh,any camping near track?
The only time you have too much fuel...is when yer on fire...Mario Andretti
Zeekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #231
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,156
Old 01-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #232
Kawasakirob
Flick the Bean

Oddometer: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeekster View Post
For volunteers there is camping at K lot.

There is also McKinney Falls State Park less than 5 miles away. Super close to the track. That's where we stayed last year. Nice campground but no hooliganism was allowed...which was a bummer.
Go Crutchlow #35
Go Hayden #69
Go Sykes #66
Go Stoner #27

Kawasakirob screwed with this post 01-27-2014 at 12:05 PM
Kawasakirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #233
Zeekster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawasakirob View Post
For volunteers there is camping at K lot.

There is also McKinney Falls State Park less than 5 miles away. Super close to the track. That's where we stayed last year. Nice campground but no hooliganism was allowed...which was a bummer.
Thanks K-rob...I read about a spot real close to the track,but that was last year...needless to say I can't find that page this year when I need it!
The only time you have too much fuel...is when yer on fire...Mario Andretti
Zeekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #234
Chobro
spinning the wheel

Oddometer: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeekster View Post
Camped right across the street from COTA parking lot P last year, pretty rustic and you really can't beat the price. There are two taquerias within walking distance as well as package beers. Outdoor showers by the house. Once you get through the mini junkyard, it opens up to a huge field with tons of room. You won't have any nearby neighbors if you don't want them. There was an improved camp spot next door(trimmed grass and cow shit everywhere) but it was a-hole to elbow. I can recommend this spot if only for the 'adventure' aspect. Fire ants, rattlers, chiggers be damned (it's Texas after all).

http://christaylorracing.com/cota-motogp-parking-2/
Old 02-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #235
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobro View Post
Camped right across the street from COTA parking lot P last year, pretty rustic and you really can't beat the price. There are two taquerias within walking distance as well as package beers. Outdoor showers by the house. Once you get through the mini junkyard, it opens up to a huge field with tons of room. You won't have any nearby neighbors if you don't want them. There was an improved camp spot next door(trimmed grass and cow shit everywhere) but it was a-hole to elbow. I can recommend this spot if only for the 'adventure' aspect. Fire ants, rattlers, chiggers be damned (it's Texas after all).

http://christaylorracing.com/cota-motogp-parking-2/
Hey Chobro,
were you part of RB's "Wrecking crew" as I like to call them, if so I hung out you guys. I drove the gray toyota tacoma with the blue truck tent in it. I remember RB was scouting out some other spots for camping and wonder what he came up with? That place was in a good spot but it's pretty rough alright.
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:46 AM   #236
Chobro
spinning the wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
Hey Chobro,
were you part of RB's "Wrecking crew" as I like to call them, if so I hung out you guys. I drove the gray toyota tacoma with the blue truck tent in it. I remember RB was scouting out some other spots for camping and wonder what he came up with? That place was in a good spot but it's pretty rough alright.
Hey Steve, yeah that was us. I remember hanging with you. I was on the blue R90/6, I should be on the Cagiva GC this year. I thought the camp spot was fine, I'd stay there again. You gonna make it?
Old 02-05-2014, 04:55 PM   #237
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobro View Post
Hey Steve, yeah that was us. I remember hanging with you. I was on the blue R90/6, I should be on the Cagiva GC this year. I thought the camp spot was fine, I'd stay there again. You gonna make it?
Yea Chobro I plan to be back, I remember you and Ron both had GC's small world huh? Including mine we must have had more GC owners per campground than anyplace else in the country! Let me know where the group will be camping, and we'll a few brews again. if it's the same place that's cool.

Been looking at tickets and I'm trying to decide between turn 15 reserved seat or turn 1, I did the GA all three days last weekend but I think I'm going for the reserved seat for Sunday, sat on turn 1 GA for Sunday last year, it's a great spot but might want to change it up this year.

I'm thinking it's about time to start an 2014 thread
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:57 PM   #238
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,250
I parked at Chris Taylor's last year. Had my new to me WR250 in the bed of the truck. He sent the following email blast the other day.

Quote:
Howdy ya'll, I just wanted to shoot you a message and thank you for parking with me for MotoGP or F1 in 2013! And also to remind ya'll that MotoGP 2014 is coming up mighty fast!

I also wanted to let ya'll know of some updates for this year year, mainly for the camping side, but also for the parking side: I've cleared out most of the junk cars that were "up front", we had almost 100 cars crammed on the front of our lot for F1, and I've made room for another 25 or so at least, and I'm hoping for another 20 or 25 before MotoGP rolls around, which means we should be able to keep the hike from the back down -- but even so, I'll be renting a 6 or 8 passenger golfkart to do on-site shuttling!

On the camping side I'm doing an airport shuttle for those flying in, saving the cost and hassle of a rental car to go from the airport to here. We'll also do beer and ice shuttles over the weekend, but most of all I'm hoping I can do shuttles over to Turn 1 or other parts of the track with the van! We'll see what COTA lets us get away with!

But again, I can't express my gratitude to ya'll enough! As everybody that drives in knows there's lots of options for parking (some of which may seem closer) but I appreciate everybody's support of a local racer and enthusiast! And as always, I try to show my appreciation for those that refer others to me, so if you have a bunch of buddies mention you referred them you can plan on a free spot!!

Thanks again,
Chris Taylor
www.christaylorracing.com
Old 02-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #239
Chobro
spinning the wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
Yea Chobro I plan to be back, I remember you and Ron both had GC's small world huh? Including mine we must have had more GC owners per campground than anyplace else in the country! Let me know where the group will be camping, and we'll a few brews again. if it's the same place that's cool.

Been looking at tickets and I'm trying to decide between turn 15 reserved seat or turn 1, I did the GA all three days last weekend but I think I'm going for the reserved seat for Sunday, sat on turn 1 GA for Sunday last year, it's a great spot but might want to change it up this year.

I'm thinking it's about time to start an 2014 thread
Cool, prolly scope out the property a bit more, but that spot seemed ok. I'll keep an eye out on the thread. See you there, we'll drain a few cold ones. Probably doing GA again.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #240
Chobro
spinning the wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyBuddha View Post
I parked at Chris Taylor's last year. Had my new to me WR250 in the bed of the truck. He sent the following email blast the other day.
I remember seeing that WR in a truck, parked toward the front by the junkers. Chris Taylor seems like a character, didn't meet him last year, met his dad though.