User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
Lucifer Orange OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Wisconsin did not disappoint

After enjoying this site and everyone’s Ride Reports for a few years now, it’s time to submit a (short) one of my own. Hope you enjoy.

It’s been a hectic 2012 so far. In May we bought a new house and moved Memorial Day weekend. I spent June and July sprucing up the old house (built in 1926) and it went on the market in early August. I must have done good work because it sold in less than 24 hours for more than the list price. We were feeling good, but didn’t feel complete relief until the closing 4 weeks later.

We have plans to begin construction on an addition to the new house soon. We want to get it framed & weather tight before winter, which could start anytime here in Minnesota. So there will be many more hectic weeks in the next couple months. And lots of interior finish work through the winter.

I really felt the need to get away.

About a week ago, everything started align nicely to allow me to escape for a few days. The weather forecast was favorable, my work could do without me for a couple days, and I had no other commitments that could not be put off.

So it was time to strap the luggage on my trusty Bonneville and hit the road for a few days. Didn’t plan to get far away, I was looking for quality over quantity.

From my home the choices for a short trip are Minnesota or Wisconsin or some of both. I chose Wisconsin. I wanted great scenery and lonely roads and some helmet time to ease my mind.

Wisconsin did not disappoint.
Lucifer Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
Lucifer Orange OP
Gnarly Adventurer

This report will be short, scenic pictures with not a lot of narrative. I’ll keep what was happening inside my helmet to myself and share the scenery instead.

I crossed many rivers, some more than one time. Here’s the first one: the St Croix near Osceola. It was early & rather cool, the sun had just peeked over the bluffs on the Wisconsin side. I could already feel that this ride was going to be a good one.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
Lucifer Orange OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Here’s the Chippewa River, near Ladysmith.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:44 AM   #4
Lucifer Orange OP
Gnarly Adventurer

And the Flambeau River, a little further north. There is a “Correctional Facility” just a few hundred yards straight through the woods from this peaceful setting.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
Lucifer Orange OP
Gnarly Adventurer

And here’s the Chippewa again, up in the Chequamegon Forest where it is much smaller.

I think my partner in this escape (the Bonneville) looks good in this setting. I use this capable machine to explore new places and revisit places I have not been in many years. I am very attached, and it rewards me.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
ktmklx
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 688
I agree, the Bonnie looks great in that photo. Looks like it is set up well for this trip.
ktmklx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
Patch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 706
Great photo... I love riding in the fall. Really sweet looking Bonnie
Patch is offline   Reply With Quote