Oddometer: 199
I liked the jumps however.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:45 AM   #227
maximo4usa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Just so you get an idea of the first Special, an amzing image once again by Alessio:

(overshooting a turn is not an option here)

Hey !!! thats me !!

maximo4usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:43 AM   #228
Goofy1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximo4usa View Post
Hey !!! thats me !!

Absolutely stunning scenery!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #229
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
a few artsy fartsy black & white pics taken by Christos, an old friend and colleague who now lives in Nafpaktos

Saving the colour ones for the daily recaps, and waiting for Alessio to send me the photo package
Old 04-30-2013, 03:07 AM   #230
HellasRally OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Prize giving moments
HellasRally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #231
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by GezwindeSpoed View Post
I liked the jumps however.
+1

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #232
GezwindeSpoed
Gnarly Adventurer

My report

Day 0:
Arrival around 14h. Try to find all my papers and up to the registration. Apparently we need a starting permit so I have to pass the doctor’s exam and donate 50 euro to the brittle economy. After installing GPS tracker and glueing some stickers I have to go to the technical inspection. This is on the other side of the village and during the ride I test my horn again which works. Once there, the rally boss checks the light, rear view mirror and the horn that refused to work at the exact moment. After some fiddling the horn produces a minimal amount of noise after some contact cleaner from the locals Melitis finds it is good enough. Nice, finished with that part. In the evening we get the roadbooks and follow the briefing. I color the roadbook using my standard system.

Day 1:
At 11h30, a police car shows up and we have to follow in procession to the show start. Many locals along the way. The show starts on the stage takes quite some time and because I was in the big engine class with higher starting numbers it takes some time before it is my turn. With a wheely I come on stage and after a chat with the boss I leave the stage again with a wheely. The locals love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rW_zXHSf-c

After the start of the liaison at the bivouac we have to drive for 25km asphalt along the bridge that connects Peloponnese with the mainland. The special is 50km, with many short turning in the beginning and then a more open area I can open up the throttle of my 690. I have to get used to the little grip on the gravel roads, especially at the front. Since I started in the back I have a lot of catching up to do. I pass a lot of big bike, most of the guys on the 690 rallies are slow in corners. I finish the special without any errors in navigation. After a few splashes it remains dry.

After the special there is another small liaison. Now it really begins to rain and my rear tire steps out big time while accelerating out of a turn.

Back at the camp it appears that there are many people made mistakes in the navigation and I finished 16th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh-e1BJL-rM

GezwindeSpoed screwed with this post 05-01-2013 at 06:13 AM
GezwindeSpoed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #233
GezwindeSpoed
Gnarly Adventurer

Day 2
The first bike starts today at 7am, so I have to start at 7h15. It's pretty cold when we get on the bike, I have my rain jacket under my jacket and that is realy needed. We drive into the mountains to the village of Thermo. Not far from from that place, the special of 100km starts. The special begins with climbing a mountain through hairpin corners. I take them very slow because of the little grip. I do not make mistakes in the fairly simple navigation and I have a good flow. Later it turns out that there are many fast participants, including one on a super enduro. I help him at the end of the special to get back on track. His rear wheel went over the edge. He was pretty lucky that his bike had not disappeared in the abbys, thanking me was not his strongest point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Uev1aIJxI

The special of the afternoon starts at the place where yesterday’s special ended and went through the same area. Because they're working on power lines is the start about 2 hours delayed. The start is not in order, but first come first served. I ride the special on a moderate pace because the waiting has done little good for my concentration. I also slide away twice over my front wheel, but fortunately no damage to man or machine.

I finish today at the 47th place, not very high which shows how fast the driven is. My 28 minutes penalty for driving too fast in Speed ​​Zones does not help either. I drop to 36th place in the overall standings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUAgBKJZGjg

GezwindeSpoed screwed with this post 05-01-2013 at 06:13 AM
Old 05-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #234
maximo4usa
Adventurer

We participate to Adventure formula with GPS only and we had so much fun !

http://youtu.be/KryddMrVt4M

Old 05-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #235
GezwindeSpoed
Gnarly Adventurer

Day 3
The day begins with a liaison of 80km, first along the coast to the East, then landinwaards where the temperature drops significantly with increasing height.

Some more navigation is required for the first special of 100km. I see many people in doubt and driving in the wrong direction, I hardly make any mistakes except some over shooting a few times. I can ride nice and smooth a good time. The special includes some rocky river beds. Once I go down by a large stone under my rear wheel and ended up pretty close to the edge of a beautiful cliff, it was a good wake up call.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9yFNnFvFVKI

The second special is slightly shorter and a fast one, but there are a few technical bits and very slippery gravel path along windmills. I find out that I get a lot more cornering grip when I hang out with my ass, I finally can increase the speed through the corners. At some point there was Sherco rider behind, but he was not in a hurry to pass. At the finish he told me that he was exhausted and thanked me for bringing him home.

20th place with only 12 penalty minutes. General to 32nd spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFt-z...ature=youtu.be

GezwindeSpoed screwed with this post 05-02-2013 at 10:10 AM
Old 05-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #236
David P.
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
I must say that I had one of the best times ever at the Hellas Rally Raid!! From arrival to sad departure, everything was top-notch. Nafpaktos was beautiful as was the nature, nay, stunning is the word! Timing was awesome! ALL of the people were awesome! So simply...; AWESOME!!

I just CAN'T wait to go back to Greece for racing!!
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #237
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #238
GezwindeSpoed
Gnarly Adventurer

I did not have the opportunity to thank all the people involved in the organization, but maybe Meletis will show up here again and can give these words to them. It is a real pleasure to see all them great photo's of people having fun on their bikes!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #239
maximo4usa
Adventurer

Can somebody please post the website link of the photographer of the race (except for corradini that i know ) because i have lost the two business card i got there and have no idea where to find them...thanks!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #240
motorollie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximo4usa View Post
Can somebody please post the website link of the photographer of the race (except for corradini that i know ) because i have lost the two business card i got there and have no idea where to find them...thanks!
Yana Stancheva
Kursad Ergan

Both can be found on FB.

@Brodovitch: do you have contact details from Christos for rally photos?

@David P. : Which photographer took those pictures?

Got mine from Alessio last night.. worth the wait