User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #61
HellasRally OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Hi there
Everything described in the regulations are necessary for your safety.
GPS not needed to be installed on the bike, but needed to be available in any emergency case, like I said, get you back in a village or a gas station.
HellasRally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #62
Mike_MRS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
Brod, can't see anything about flares in the safety equipment.
Mike_MRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #63
HellasRally OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Bikes
The motorbikes must have: Light, brake light, horn, rear fender with mudguard, copy of number plate.

ATV
The Quads must have: Light, brake light, horn, nerf bars.

Riders
Riders must wear: Full Face Helmet, Chest protector, knee protectors, elbow protectors, gloves, Enduro Jacket, Boots, mask.
They must also carry on them:
Mobile phone in waterproof packaging with high sound level and able to call/receive within the EU
Camel Back with water
Energy Bars
Enduro Jacket + waterproof Jacket
GPS and extra batteries for 15 hours autonomy
Mini Survivor kit (compass, torch / flashlight, foil survival blanket, lighter, small mirror, whistle, useful phone numbers).
Old 02-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #64
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike40 View Post
Brod, can't see anything about flares in the safety equipment.
Ah, well they keep changing the bloody list every year, just to keep things interesting

They scrapped the flares this year but added a whistle and a vanity mirror

edit: You should be OK with the list HellasRally just posted
Old 02-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #65
HellasRally OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I do not remember myself asking for a flare in a day race since the flare is not of any use, apart from 24 hours race since you race at night, where the flare is really useful.
What we ask is vital for your safety, better more than sorry.......
Old 02-21-2013, 03:12 AM   #66
Offroadie1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Oh! I see Rally Jacket is still required ...... !!
That was the subject of a rider revolt in Serres
Offroadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:13 AM   #67
Mike_MRS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
I guess that means race shirt not allowed? That'll be great if it's warm won't it?
Mike_MRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:27 AM   #68
Offroadie1
Adventurer

If your lucky it will be the same Orga. as the Serres team. They took a very pragmatic and sensible approach to such matters. If it can be justified without increasing risk, the rule can be changed during the daily meetings.

I think the jacket requirement may have been carried over from earlier rally's, some of which were up in the Greek mountains in October (Frrrrrrrosty)! You would have been delighted to be wearing a jacket.

As it was, in Serres we rode in shirts.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:47 AM   #69
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroadie1 View Post
If your lucky it will be the same Orga. as the Serres team. They took a very pragmatic and sensible approach to such matters. If it can be justified without increasing risk, the rule can be changed during the daily meetings.

I think the jacket requirement may have been carried over from earlier rally's, some of which were up in the Greek mountains in October (Frrrrrrrosty)! You would have been delighted to be wearing a jacket.

As it was, in Serres we rode in shirts.
Hey OffRoadie, I raced Serres in both '11 and '12 (#52 on the ancient exc520), I was the naughty boy that brought up the issue of not wearing jackets at the rider's meeting in the afternoon of the 1st day. Organizers think I'm a bit of a trouble maker

You're right about Serres in '11, it was damn chilly due to it being held in late October, especially the early morning starts at 6 am (Kemal Merkit broke his collarbone when he slipped on early morning frost in a Special, it treacherous). I much prefer Serres now that it's held in late August, can't stand the cold personally

The organizers of Serres Rally and Hellas Rally (formerly Evia Rally) are two different people with two distinctly different teams.
And yes, as user HellasRally can testify, I was a pain in the ass in Evia as well (well, me and some other riders to be fair)...

That said, I am looking forward to Lepanto in a couple of months, if for nothing else than to meet up with some inmates from over here, and then I'm definitely doing Serres in august.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:50 AM   #70
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasRally View Post
I do not remember myself asking for a flare in a day race since the flare is not of any use, apart from 24 hours race since you race at night, where the flare is really useful.
What we ask is vital for your safety, better more than sorry.......
Great, who needs flares when I've got a whistle and a vanity mirror?
Old 02-21-2013, 04:06 AM   #71
Offroadie1
Adventurer

Brodo, I was Rider No. 32 riding with Patsy' group in Serres. I did not see much of you during the day as you were off chasing down the Italians , while I was nearer the back getting a lesson in two digit navigation!! Hopefully I will get the benefit of that in Tuareg in a couple off weeks.

I enjoyed your input at the meetings. We need that kind of passion to move the sport forward and keep the orgas. on their toes. Good riders and good orga's make good events and therefore a bunch of happy chappies.

Keep it up. Cheers.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:17 AM   #72
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroadie1 View Post
Brodo, I was Rider No. 32 riding with Patsy' group in Serres. I did not see much of you during the day as you were off chasing down the Italians , while I was nearer the back getting a lesson in two digit navigation!! Hopefully I will get the benefit of that in Tuareg in a couple off weeks.

I enjoyed your input at the meetings. We need that kind of passion to move the sport forward and keep the orgas. on their toes. Good riders and good orga's make good events and therefore a bunch of happy chappies.

Keep it up. Cheers.
Amen brother. Good memories, those italians were alien material damn them

Found a few pics from SRR, let me know if you need any:

Old 02-21-2013, 04:38 AM   #73
Offroadie1
Adventurer

Oh Yeah! That bloody hill!

I have most of the photo's thanks. I'm glad someone took pictures otherwise I doubt I would have seen how badly my suspension was set up. Rectified that now with some RaceTech springs front and rear. Also reduced my pie intake for 2013. Bad news for Scottish bakers, but better news for RaceTech!

Great event Serres. Would like to do it again this year but it is a bit of a toss up between that and the Australasian Safari Rally. We will see how my work schedule develops before I make a call on that.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:45 AM   #74
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

So, back on topic, anyone know who is coming down with Patsy's team for the Hellas Rally? I know Jenny will be using Torque...

Anyone sorted out their hotel accommodation yet, or are you all camping? I am leaning towards a hotel, but haven't done much research on the matter yet, and there's no list up on here yet
Old 02-21-2013, 04:54 AM   #75
HellasRally OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Prebooked all hotels available in Nafpaktos
if you take a look at the home page, there is a ticker for accommodation.
Mail to accommodation@hellasrally.org to book a room.
Camping space is available but limited, no organized cmaping in the area (one but far).
Rooms starting from 40 euros per double with breakfast.
Could be easier for you to use orga mail instead of a forum to find out a solution.