Other than the typical airhead owner
Old 07-22-2014, 08:52 PM   #633
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,946
Hmm....

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Time for change.

Couldn't find any C channel anywhere, so I made some.

Roughin' it...

Liking it....

hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:38 AM   #634
bgoodsoil
Dare to be Stupid

Oddometer: 4,231
sorry I couldn't get them dismantled this weekend. I got in trouble for cutting in a hole in my landlord's wall for an AC without asking permission I'll try to get some pics of them on the bike at least tonight.

What's got you on a moving-your-footpegs kick? Does Nathan still have his lowered?

Proud SmugMug User Support ADV: Don't give those cheap bums your discount code
bgoodsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #635
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
sorry I couldn't get them dismantled this weekend. I got in trouble for cutting in a hole in my landlord's wall for an AC without asking permission I'll try to get some pics of them on the bike at least tonight.

What's got you on a moving-your-footpegs kick? Does Nathan still have his lowered?
He does....well, I'm embarassed to say.

This...
I
I
I
V

Resulted in moving my bars forward. It was difficult to reach controls from the seat, but the attack positon was soooo much better. So I feel like if I adjust my ergos to my short self, I may actually be a pretty good rider.

Nathan's brackets were AWOL, but I got a good visual from looking at his bike. Mine are different due to having the T pot stand, so no one is getting ripped off. And I will be tacking mine underneath to the frame as added strength.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:53 PM   #636
bpeckm
Grin!

Oddometer: 5,677

Nap time is SO peaceful, both for the youngun's and their keepers......

Old 07-24-2014, 06:39 AM   #637
bgoodsoil
Dare to be Stupid

aaaaargh I went climbing yesterday and I was asleep as soon I was out of the shower last night. Tonight, priority one is getting you some pics.

I've swapped back and forth several times to see if I really like them. Having my foot next to the exhaust is a hassle since I always have to rewrap it whenever I remove the muffler. It feels so much better with the pegs down and back that I deal with the exhaust. I'm about to build muffler number 5() and that oughta fix it. I wouldn't think it would make that big of a difference but it does. Guess that's why the trials guys do it.

And, like you said, it makes the stand up position much better. Even with my pegs moved back I don't feel like I'm stretched out enough. Going downhill especially I feel like I'm about to fold over the bars at the waist. When I swap forks I'm going to be mucking with the ergos up front a lot.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:10 AM   #638
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?

I don't really need pics anymore since they're done.

Quote:
aaaaargh I went climbing yesterday and I was asleep as soon I was out of the shower last night. Tonight, priority one is getting you some pics.

I've swapped back and forth several times to see if I really like them. Having my foot next to the exhaust is a hassle since I always have to rewrap it whenever I remove the muffler. It feels so much better with the pegs down and back that I deal with the exhaust. I'm about to build muffler number 5() and that oughta fix it. I wouldn't think it would make that big of a difference but it does. Guess that's why the trials guys do it.

And, like you said, it makes the stand up position much better. Even with my pegs moved back I don't feel like I'm stretched out enough. Going downhill especially I feel like I'm about to fold over the bars at the waist. When I swap forks I'm going to be mucking with the ergos up front a lot.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:31 AM   #639
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,176
Old 07-24-2014, 07:41 AM   #640
bgoodsoil
Dare to be Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
+1

I should mention at least that I've bent one of the loooooong 8m bolts that I use to hold them on. I'm considering drilling out the holes and going to a 3/8" since the 9/16" heads would be the same as the 13mm on the 8s.

I moved my kickstand so that it mounts on the back motor mount and is welded to the lowering bracket. I want to ride for a bit and see if that stiffens up the bracket so that the bolt doesn't bend. The right side has never bent on me. dunno why.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:10 AM   #641
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?

Quote:
+1

I should mention at least that I've bent one of the loooooong 8m bolts that I use to hold them on. I'm considering drilling out the holes and going to a 3/8" since the 9/16" heads would be the same as the 13mm on the 8s.

I moved my kickstand so that it mounts on the back motor mount and is welded to the lowering bracket. I want to ride for a bit and see if that stiffens up the bracket so that the bolt doesn't bend. The right side has never bent on me. dunno why.
I tacked the brackets to the exisitng brackets in addition to adding stops....I may upgrade to a 10.8 bolt...but I'll wait till I bend the shite out of these.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #642
Beater
Theory Is Not Enough

Oddometer: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
I tacked the brackets to the exisitng brackets in addition to adding stops....I may upgrade to a 10.8 bolt...but I'll wait till I bend the shite out of these.
Did you have to re-do your centerstand? If I put mine any lower on BB, the center stand will be vibrating my foot. It's bugging the crap out of me.
Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #643
bgoodsoil
Dare to be Stupid

It makes me a bit nervous. If I hit a hard bump while cruising down a bumpy road and lose that footpeg the chances of me keeping the bike upright on one foot aren't good. I mean, if there was a camera going it might be worth it just to add one more 'look at this dumbass' videos to youtube

I didn't alter my centerstand but I'm pretty sure yours is different from mine. I don't have a post coming out the side to deploy the center with.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #644
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beater View Post
Did you have to re-do your centerstand? If I put mine any lower on BB, the center stand will be vibrating my foot. It's bugging the crap out of me.
Our center stands on the monos are so much narrower that yours. I didn't have to do a thing to my center.

Now, on to something completly different!!!

Bob sent me a seat....fer nothin'! That's right, I got lucky and put it out to the universe that I need to have a bench seat again. Pretty sweet of bpeckm to sent this sucker to me...and I've big plans.

Today I made new brackets for both so that I could swap them out easily and repaired the solo. The new "tongue" is way better, more stable and lighter. The bench seat is so light I'm not worried about how tightly it attaches to the bike, unlike the solo seat/rack. Sorry I didn't take any pics...but as soon as I get a little walking money I'll have the seat refoamed and upholstered. Thanks a million, Bob!!!

hardwaregrrl screwed with this post 07-24-2014 at 03:15 PM
Old 07-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #645
bgoodsoil
Dare to be Stupid

The brackets look good! Those nylox nuts are key. I've never had mine back out but I have an acorn nut that bottoms out on the bolt and stops right at the nylox nut. I might put an easily removable tack weld between the top of the lowering bracket and the bracket coming from the frame. If the lowering bracket separates from the main bracket just far enough for those little 1/8" bars that keep the lowering bracket from spinning to clear then you could end up wrecking. It's overkill but I'd happily spend an extra hour in the shop than possibly spend an afternoon in a hospital.

Part of the reason I'm nervous is because I've bent the main peg brackets before. That might have been from leverage though. I extended my footpegs a while back, again, and they're a little over 4" wide now.

Did you have to grind anything off the back on the exhaust side? Mine was hitting the crossover.

My left side looks a lot like yours now. I welded my kickstand on a bar going from the rear engine mount to the lowering bracket. Which means if I take off the lowering bracket I've got no kickstand. Hrmm....

bgoodsoil screwed with this post 07-24-2014 at 06:48 PM