Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #1
Jasp OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Mid - Northern US: 32 Days (Completed)

Hey,

I recently got back from a 32 day trip from Virginia to Oregon via mid US and then back home via northern US. I was and am still a new rider having aced the rider safety course at the end of June, 2013 and put on only 1,000 miles from July to mid-August before setting out.

The trip totaled to just over 8,000 miles with no major mishaps, visiting with family/friends and AMAZING sites around the US. It's documented at the link below (I've still 3 more posts to complete the story from South Dakota to home).

I was initially inspired by the book Ghost Rider back in 2008 when I first read it and it's a bug that's always stayed with me. I was further inspired and reached my tipping point earlier this year when I read about Simon and Lisa Thomas at www.2ridetheworld.com and their statement about dreams and consequences.

I rode a 1996 BMW R1100RT I picked up off a fellow moving out of the area who wasn't taking long trips anymore. It's funny to compare my comfort level from mid-June when I got the bike and had a friend drive it home for me to where I'm at now.

Hopefully my experience will inspire people (especially would-be riders) to follow their dreams, respect their riding level always and enjoy the open road!

Jasp screwed with this post 09-19-2013 at 11:07 AM
Jasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
Jasp OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Links fixed - my fault.

Anyway, I'm planning a trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland for next summer.

Will report later...
Jasp is offline   Reply With Quote