User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #391
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
More Zipolite

Juan from Mexico City was staying in the hotel (he left last night) we went for a walk on the beach at 6:30 in the morning. A real gentleman. We stopped at the church so he could say his morning prayer

Do you like Zipolite?
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #392
Kedgi OP
Banned

Puerto Angel

To be accurate, this first couple shots above with the Launchas (Boats) and the wharf are where I first hit the beach. I think that's Peurto Angel but I'm not sure. I had Zipolite on my mind but I was stoked. I have ridden Trusty now from Labrador to Mexico's Pacific Coast

I have to ride over to Peurto Angel today to go to the bank machine. A friend I met here, Judy who is from Vancouver, but lives and works here asked if she can hitch a ride to town and she will show me were to go

I have a lot more to post but my computer battery is dying again. I have to go plug it in for a while.

Stay tuned......

Kedgi
Old 11-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #393
bESS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Kedgi:

YES, never heard of Zipolite before but from your photos it looks like a very nice place to stay. And only $8. for a Cabana . You are living the good life. Those Cabanas on the stilts look interesting too

You have the beach nearly to yourself. You are in Paradise

bob

current RR --> click here
bESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #394
Ridgeline
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Another Maritimer subscribed for the ride. Great report thus far.

My condolences on your Dad. I hope sunnier days follow the rest of your travels.
Ridgeline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #395
yellowknife
Is In Canada

Oddometer: 684
Your RR gets two

thumbs up ...

Best $8 ever spent to stay in paradise i reckon.

YK
Old 11-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #396
eeltruk
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Wife and I have been following the ride and love the reports. We just read the news, and wanted to offer our condolences on your dads passing. Our thoughts are with you.

Kurt and Anita
eeltruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #397
Kedgi OP
Banned

I gotta get outa here

I I gotta get outa here. This place will suck you right in. You can stay here for almost nothing for weeks if you want, but I'm on a mission and my Mexican Moto insurance expires in a few days.

Never in my life have I been to a place, I so, did not want to leave

Andreas, his wife Tomasa, absolutely awesome.

Marshall, Jason and i were talking today about how hard it is to do anything. I have all day to post but I cannot get it done. It is so much easier to sit, listen to Andreas' great stereo, wonderful music, watch the waves and do nothing.

I never went to town today. Too Hot! I saw Judy and she had forgotten anyway. No worries, Its all good. I just gotta tear myself away. I still have pictures to post of the Montreal inmates, and the Idaho inmate. It will happen.....Manana!
Old 11-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #398
Kedgi OP
Banned

Glad you're along

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeltruk View Post
Wife and I have been following the ride and love the reports. We just read the news, and wanted to offer our condolences on your dads passing. Our thoughts are with you.

Kurt and Anita
I'm glad you're along for the ride and thanks

It wonderful to have dedicated readers. It makes it easier to post. It must have been 100 degrees again today. And Andreas has the stereo cranked tonight with Carlos Santana WOW!

Warm, warm air off the Pacific

More fun than human beings should be allowed to have!

Kedgi
Old 11-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #399
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeline View Post
Another Maritimer subscribed for the ride. Great report thus far.

My condolences on your Dad. I hope sunnier days follow the rest of your travels.

Awesome! glad you're on board

and

Thank You very much!
Old 11-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #400
Hevy Kevy
ADDRider

Oddometer: 179
I'm havin' a beer reading your report tonight and thinking what a treat it is to read the writing of someone with passion. You are absolutely rockin' it dude! Travelling changes you fundamentally. I've been addicted to adventure travelling by backpack for 35 years and your mention of a $8.00 beach hut sent me back to Thailand, mid eighties. My passion is China, I've been probably 15-16 times now, I buy stuff to sell, send it home and just get off the beaten track. Hence my Shanghai to Lhasa or bust motto. It's coming soon, but not on my DL1000. Speaking of bikes, I've gotta think a DL650 VStrom would be great, super value, super reliable.... but I've settled on a GS800 for my next bike. Guest room is always open to travellers, the Great Lakes region has awesome riding!
Hevy Kevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #401
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevy Kevy View Post
I'm havin' a beer reading your report tonight and thinking what a treat it is to read the writing of someone with passion. You are absolutely rockin' it dude! Travelling changes you fundamentally. I've been addicted to adventure travelling by backpack for 35 years and your mention of a $8.00 beach hut sent me back to Thailand, mid eighties. My passion is China, I've been bably 15-16 times now, I buy stuff to sell, send it home and just get off the beaten track. Hence my Shanghai to Lhasa or bust motto. It's coming soon, but not on my DL1000. Speaking of bikes, I've gotta think a DL650 VStrom would be great, super value, super reliable.... but I've settled on a GS800 for my next bike. Guest room is always open to travellers, the Great Lakes region has awesome riding!
Man! I've tried twenty times to respond to you and bESS. It's not happening!

Love you guys!

It's Mexico

You rock

Old 11-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #402
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowknife View Post
thumbs up ...

Best $8 ever spent to stay in paradise i reckon.

YK

You ain't whistling Dixie

I wish you could hear the Latin music is Andreas is playing on the deck tonight! He rocks. I have a lot of CD's but nothing like this.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #403
Kedgi OP
Banned

Music I've never heard

Awesome ...Andreas has this huge collection of Latino music that would remind you of Carlos, Carlos Santana! It;s friday and they are treating us to AWESOME music, Wow!,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 11-24-2012, 03:07 AM   #404
newhoco
stromnambulator

Oddometer: 44
Epic Ride !

You've inspired me to plan a similar trip for next year ... And my wife just gave me permission ! ( No , she didn't say , "why wait , go now " . )
I realize now that for the past 2 winters I've been farkelling my Vstrom 650 for just such an opportunity .

Ride on , Ride safe , and leave a trail of bread crumbs ....
Alex
newhoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:44 AM   #405
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevy Kevy View Post
I'm havin' a beer reading your report tonight and thinking what a treat it is to read the writing of someone with passion. You are absolutely rockin' it dude! Travelling changes you fundamentally. I've been addicted to adventure travelling by backpack for 35 years and your mention of a $8.00 beach hut sent me back to Thailand, mid eighties. My passion is China, I've been probably 15-16 times now, I buy stuff to sell, send it home and just get off the beaten track. Hence my Shanghai to Lhasa or bust motto. It's coming soon, but not on my DL1000. Speaking of bikes, I've gotta think a DL650 VStrom would be great, super value, super reliable.... but I've settled on a GS800 for my next bike. Guest room is always open to travellers, the Great Lakes region has awesome riding!

That's ccol man. I've always wanted to circumnavigate Lake Superior. That road from Thunder Bay down to Duluth looks awesome. I think bikes are a personal choice, there is no "right" answer. I like the BMW 800 but I like the new Yamaha Super Tenere too, I like trusty the KLR too. Never had a bike I rode so much. It's awesome

$8/night for this beach is unbelievable. There are no better bargains that I know of.

If you want to come down here Peurto Escondito airport is just north of here and Huatulco Airport is just south of here.

Come to the Salmastro and get a room from Andreas, tell him Dwight sent you! You might even see me here, I'm coming back.

Kedgi

Kedgi screwed with this post 11-24-2012 at 04:59 AM