Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #946
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandino View Post
From your map, I see you may not been coming to Paraguay, but in case you change your mind, count on a friend and a place to stay here.
cheers
That a very kind offer.

Thanks Sandino

Kedgi
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #947
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigolechalupa View Post
Fu#^*ing beautiful man!!!!!!
Good stuff!
Thanks

Dwight

Kedgi
Old 01-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #948
bESS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
dwight:

I've always wanted to go there. Thank you for your photos

I'm glad you went, it is one of the wonders of the World, and you were so close. I am sure you would have regretted not going there. I'm glad you changed your mind

You must be used to the high altitude and you're smiling too

bob

current RR --> click here
bESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #949
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bESS View Post
dwight:

I've always wanted to go there. Thank you for your photos

I'm glad you went, it is one of the wonders of the World, and you were so close. I am sure you would have regretted not going there. I'm glad you changed your mind

You must be used to the high altitude and you're smiling too

bob
I'm doing much better at high elevation now. It took a long time to adjust. I feel about 90% now.

Machu Picchu is one of the hardest tourist attractions to get to, but it was also one of the most incredible I've seen. My pictures cannot show the steepness, the extreme elevation of the city. It is thousands and thousands of feet down to the river.

I built, with my Father-in-Law's much appreciated help, a small retaining wall between my house and apartment building last year. All the stones we used were prefab and interlocking and we had a tractor to use. I cannot fathom the millions of man hours that Machu Picchu represents. Mind blowing labour and skill. All done before hydraulics, tractors, diamond bits, and at extreme elevation. Staggers the mind.

Kedgi
Old 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #950
Smithee
F650 Beemerider

Oddometer: 269
Some Pics Keep Popping Up

Great pics Dwight.

This one, I was sure I'd seen before:

Yup. Bryce had been through there as you know and posted just about the same photo on Jan. 22. His Post 883.

For comparison, Bryce's photo:

Kind of amazing how the same shots seem to keep cropping up.

Kedgi, the Llama Whisperer:

Glad you've gotten past the altitude sickness and things are going better for you.
'05 Yamaha V-Star Classic "Ultra Star" (for sale, make an offer)
Spot Track SmugMug Photos
Smithee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #951
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithee View Post
Great pics Dwight.

This one, I was sure I'd seen before:

Yup. Bryce had been through there as you know and posted just about the same photo on Jan. 22. His Post 883.

For comparison, Bryce's photo:

Kind of amazing how the same shots seem to keep cropping up.

Kedgi, the Llama Whisperer:

Glad you've gotten past the altitude sickness and things are going better for you.
Wow

That's amazing about Bryce's photo. He has been through here. That's they way they build the roads, they just pour a concrete dip in the road and let the water flow over. there must be at least dozen of those on the way in here maybe more. it's funny he picked the same one at the same angle.

That Llama was pretty tame. he just sat there as I and an Argentinian couple got photos. I had the Agentine guy take mine. there were about a dozen Llamas around. I suppose they see so many tourists they don't care.

Kedgi
Old 01-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #952
shirtman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
excellent photos!

Nice pics now we want to see MP absolutely beautiful thanks for sharing Dwight!
shirtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #953
SparkyL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Great stuff Dwight! MP looks so awesome. Glad to see you're back in the groove.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #954
KLRJRS
Jimmy

Oddometer: 6
Bluhduh Amazing pictures, Amazing Trip

Fantastic pictures Dwight ! Keeps the rest of us Dreamers in touch with your trip of a lifetime ! Glad you have adjusted to the altitude and have had a few days to rest up , keep going and enjoy each day the best you can..looks like the food has gotten a little better as well . And I agree the KLR is no ordinary bike ....it's a great all around bike, good value,as one guy stated....it's not great at any one particular thing...but it's good at everything you throw at it ...sort of like a multi tool Swiss Army knife..does what you need it to do!!! And Your Trusty is like a pack mule. Or should I say. A packed LLAMA,,
Jim
KLRJRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:49 AM   #955
Kedgi OP
Banned

Train

Waiting for the train this morning to take me back to my bike. Hope to make it back to Cusco today. Talk to you all from there.

Kedgi
Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #956
Scottishman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Wow

Hey Dwight, your pictures of MP were incredible!!!

I have seen the high level pics from a distance, but your close ups of the details and workmanship were incredible. Were there originally wooden roofs on the gabled houses? Any sense as to how old the construction was, and have you seen any books that describe the history?

I am very happy that you have had a few great days, and are really enjoying yourself again. I AM SOOOOO MUCH LOOKING FORWARD TO REPEATING MUCH OF YOUR RIDE IN THE FALL.

keep up the great work, you're an inspiration to older Canucks everywhere. I can say that because I'm 65.

Cheers
2014 BMW GSA 1200
2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 2012 Porsche Boxster S Black Edition
Scottishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #957
Hevy Kevy
ADDRider

Oddometer: 166
What? No Crowds?

Hey Dwight: I've been lurking right along, totally with you during the "low". Years ago on the Tibetan Plateau in China, thousands of miles from....anywhere really after several months of solo travel, I faced an almost crushing low. I endured, as did you and continued my travels. It's hard for people who haven't been that alone to really fathom the depths of it, but I was right there with you. By the way, I think your photography has reached stellar status!! PS How did you photoshop all the tourists out of the piccies at MP?

You are my #1 RR, thanks for the enjoyment.
Hevy Kevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #958
agent of orange
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Ah ha a llama!! is this the elusive lobsters to llamas llama?? I love the inca looking balaclavas!! imagine the looks you get blowing the driveway back in Shediac Oh wait they may not be colorful enough for the acadians Glad to here you feel more like yourself again.. seems like you need a little vacation from your vacation. Altitude sickness sucks. last week i was above 16000 feet on a test flight for a bit.. there was finger issues with the pressurization controller and the pilots fingers lol it thought it funny i was feeling like i needed to hurl or fall over. it messed me up for the rest of the day. but hey by the sounds of it you may not be blowing snow next winter as you are dreaming of Africa!
agent of orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #959
Digasi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Great reports as usual :) I have really enjoyed following your reports. Glad things are getting better for you.
Digasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #960
riverman
Life is great !

Oddometer: 139
Wow ! What can I say. Dwight, I am so glad, for a couple of reasons, that you changed your mind and went to MP. Firstly, I think you would have regretted it later had you not gone. Secondly, a selfish reason on my part, but that has been one of my dream sites to visit and I must say that your photos were the most extensive that I have seen. Most people just post the money shot view and a couple more but you took the time to share with us many more that really detailled the site. Thank you, thank you!

It's going to be mighty hard to impress you with some neat trails south and west of Moncton after all that you have seen. Un gros merci encore!

'11 WR250R
'13 Tiger 800XC
riverman is offline   Reply With Quote