Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Alaska
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #181
nuttynu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 895
Do it ! I'll be attend it this year, and will be riding my cbr600rr.

nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #182
b dash rian
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
well count me in then!
b dash rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #183
Alcan Rider
Frozen Fossil

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttynu View Post
1600 miles round trip starting from anch..back to anch.
I'll post a map of the route later. Any input can be added & can be subject to change.

I was going to just ride up to Fairbanks then to Tok. And hit Dawson. But then that would be boring since I been up fairbank already. So might as well go explore Canada.
Hey nutty,

It looks like you will have an extra day or two before D2D, so you might consider this: Ride all the way to Watson Lake first. From Anchorage it's a 12 hour run to Haines Junction in the Yukon, then an easy 8 hours to Watson Lake from there. Good, paved road from Haines Jct to Watson Lake. You could look over the signpost forest at Watson Lake, then take a tour of Whitehorse on the way back north.

Your plan is just the opposite of what I normally do when I go to D2D, i.e. I'll ride over to Dawson City first for the get-together, then head south to Whitehorse before turning west to Alaska. I'd ride along with you, but I'm old and slow, and have to stop at every outhouse along the way. No way I could keep up.
Haul Road Primer
Alcan Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #184
nuttynu
Studly Adventurer

Yes I would probably that plan.
Can't wait to visit what Canada has in store.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #185
aufevermike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
ADV D2D group pic

Just wondering if it may be possible for all of us on ADV and all that will be attending D2D to set up a time and place in Dawson for a group photo. Anyone interested??? I don't have a nice camera so we would need a photographer...
Old 01-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #186
nuttynu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufevermike View Post
Just wondering if it may be possible for all of us on ADV and all that will be attending D2D to set up a time and place in Dawson for a group photo. Anyone interested??? I don't have a nice camera so we would need a photographer...
They have their usual picture !! They one with everyone in front of the Dawson hotel.

But if you want only ADV forum members. I'm sure that's possible.

12 weeks , 5 days till.... D2D

nuttynu screwed with this post 03-21-2013 at 08:47 PM Reason: countdown till D-day
Old 02-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #187
toz35
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Whoo hoo

The time off is approved... In 2010 I hit the D2D at the end of a 16k mile trip and had a great time, met good people and saw some wonderful country. In 2011 I got rear ended at an intersection in May and could not get to the D2D.

Now, another trip north. We will be leaving on the 8th or 9th from Washington and heading to Fairbanks for some fun. We will come up the Cassiar with a stop in Hyder to get Hyderized. After Fairbanks we will head down the road for a night at Chicken before we hit Dawson. I would like a trip to Inuvik after Dawson, or at least to the Arctic circle sign and I suspect there will be lots of company for that part of the ride. To see some new terrain I am thinking about turning left at Carmacks and coming into Watson Lake from the north. We have to be home on the 30th so the route from Watson Lake will be open, maybe down the AK hiway or maybe back down the Cassiar.

Looking forward to this trip, it will be the first long trip on a hack. We are open to anyone that might like to join us for any portion of the trip. Input as to the quality of the road between Carmacks and Watson Lake would be appreciated.
'99 R1100 R
, now with sidecar attached
IBA #34732
toz35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #188
theshnizzle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 648
Arghhhhh.....reading all these posts is killing me! I so want to do my south trip AND do D2D. Arghhhhh........despite all my bellyaching,it was an awesome trip that I WILL do again. And I even have a GS now.

But for some reason riding the GS up there just seems to.... Safe? It kinda takes the novelty thrill factor out of it for me. LOL.
theshnizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #189
Alaskajeff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
Arghhhhh.....reading all these posts is killing me! I so want to do my south trip AND do D2D. Arghhhhh........despite all my bellyaching,it was an awesome trip that I WILL do again. And I even have a GS now.

But for some reason riding the GS up there just seems to.... Safe? It kinda takes the novelty thrill factor out of it for me. LOL.
It just won't be the same if you are on an actual dualsportLook at the bright side you will be able to do the poker run
I guess nutynu will be the sportbike representative this year.
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
2011 Verys ADV
92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
Alaskajeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #190
The Dick
CFDVN/BRICK

Oddometer: 378
Oh, Shniz, run with street tires and do more dirt than the TOTW, and run hard in the dirt, same pucker factor, or whatever it is for girls. Would be fun to see that flaming hair again!
The Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:36 AM   #191
theshnizzle
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dick View Post
Oh, Shniz, run with street tires and do more dirt than the TOTW, and run hard in the dirt, same pucker factor, or whatever it is for girls. Would be fun to see that flaming hair again!
Nope,whatever sex you are it's still pucker factor! I have been mulling over hair color options lately..... Spring is in the air!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:44 AM   #192
The Dick
CFDVN/BRICK

Oddometer: 378
Such a great option to have available but spring is definitely and finally in the air. Been quite a brutal winter weather wise but should have the civic ice racer all studded up and on the track this weekend. We have an awesome F1, 1.4km track on the river this year.
Hope you decide to grace us with your presence again this year, whatever hair colour you have in!
The Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #193
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,903
Damn Shnizzle......I may have to chase you there once again......I'm sure you'll win......how much more than my whimpy 50 HP does that rocket of yours have???
I know...I'll just follow the smiles from those who have seen your flaming hair!....Or....maybe just the glow of it in the distance will be enough to follow....?
Old 03-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #194
theshnizzle
Studly Adventurer

Well, if you must know, I believe it dynoed at 155 hp, with full camping gear and pink flipflops, all stockexcept for yosh pipes......how about I give you a 4 day head start...???
Old 03-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #195
nuttynu
Studly Adventurer

12 weeks , 5 days till.... D2D