Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #526
Gordy OP
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,749
anything you want to share with the class?
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #527
nmtrialsguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Thumb And on another note...

We still need to get commitments from people to have enough observers for our national on August 3, 4 at Sipapu. If you are an experienced checker or even if a newbie, we can use some help. Newbies are put with experienced hands and may only need to watch a clock and blow a whistle. Anyhow, we could use a few extra hands, so please contact Jessica Webb at Jessica.gentech (at) Comcast.net. There will be plenty of swag for drawings for the workers! One day work = one tickey. We will also be feeding lunch and clothing them (t shirt per day)...so, get in touch with Jessica today! Thanks, now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
nmtrialsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #528
BossLady
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmtrialsguy View Post
We still need to get commitments from people to have enough observers for our national on August 3, 4 at Sipapu.....
Curious how after that last post you have all mysteriously disappeared!
Last year I had the opportunity to score at both the National in CO and also at the Ute Cup. I love scoring the club events, but these bigger venues are just a blast. Talk about being up close to the action with some amazing riders......WOW!

Thanks to those who have already signed up...NMTrailboss, brewtus, ATeamNM, Grizz, Captain Nemo (just to name a few). If you haven't already singed up, please do....all the cool kids are doing it! Two days is great, one day is still appreciated! I'm close to my quota of required checkers, but just not quite there....

BossLady screwed with this post 07-04-2013 at 12:58 AM
BossLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #529
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
http://trialscentral.com/user_photos...s/G2F18335.jpg

Scoring can be very worth while.
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #530
Southmt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Sipapu Info on the web

There's now a link to some pages that give Sipapu info, including links to scoring rules. Go to nmtrials.org, and a link will divert you over there. Here's the direct link.
Southmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #531
usafric
Rio Rancho NM

Oddometer: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMTrailboss View Post

You do realize this is the trials forum, right Nigel?
Yes NMTB I do know this is a trials thread. I took BEEF706 to Southern today, had a good time, both 4wheelin back there and playin on trials bike. I'm sure BEEF will add his own thoughts...
usafric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #532
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafric View Post
Yes NMTB I do know this is a trials thread. I took BEEF706 to Southern today, had a good time, both 4wheelin back there and playin on trials bike. I'm sure BEEF will add his own thoughts...
I got it figured out now! Paul filled me in on your intentions at Little Moab! Was it cool on a trials bike? There is definitely some good terrain out there.

Nigel / Larry...you guys need to come to the National at Sipapu on Aug. 3rd and/or 4th. Will be some incredible talent and riding there that weekend!!

NMTrailboss screwed with this post 07-05-2013 at 05:46 PM
NMTrailboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #533
BEEF706
King of the dumb dab

Oddometer: 656
Big fun, I scared myself silly several times, I REALLY need a cure for my fear of heights, there are some really cool rocks back in there, I just need to grow a set On another note, the one weekend I need it our Taos place is rented out, is tent camping gonna be allowed t the Taos event?
BEEF706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #534
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF706 View Post
Big fun, I scared myself silly several times, I REALLY need a cure for my fear of heights, there are some really cool rocks back in there, I just need to grow a set On another note, the one weekend I need it our Taos place is rented out, is tent camping gonna be allowed t the Taos event?
Yes, it should be allowed, but will be on the asphalt at the ski area parking lot...B level parking I believe. Not ideal camping, but they usually block off the mid-level parking lot for the trials club for that weekend. Riding areas and section loop should be very close to the parking lot this year (unlike previous years where we had to ride the bikes to the top of the mountain) so much easier access for riders and spectators. There is also camping in several camp sites in the canyon below the ski area.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #535
BEEF706
King of the dumb dab

Oddometer: 656
Thanks, camping will be fun!
BEEF706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #536
Little R
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Talking

On Friday 7/12 there will be a fundraiser for NMTA. A ride to the top of 12163 ft Fraser Peak!
All event riders are eligible to go. Sign up will be at 9:30 am at the Bear parking area of Taos Ski Valley.
We'll leave from the parking area at 10:00 am. The cost of the ride will be $10.00. This is a spectacular ride you don't want to miss!
Little R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #537
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little R View Post
On Friday 7/12 there will be a fundraiser for NMTA. A ride to the top of 12163 ft Fraser Peak.
Wow! I'd love to do that! Bummer I have to work. I've hiked to Frasier Peak before but would love to ride it!
Great fund raiser idea though!
Old 07-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #538
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little R View Post
On Friday 7/12 there will be a fundraiser for NMTA. A ride to the top of 12163 ft Fraser Peak!
All event riders are eligible to go. Sign up will be at 9:30 am at the Bear parking area of Taos Ski Valley.
We'll leave from the parking area at 10:00 am. The cost of the ride will be $10.00. This is a spectacular ride you don't want to miss!

What "class" is this ride? I assume not the Whiny Chicken-sh&t Beginner Class but you never know

cheers
tilliejacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #539
Little R
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Tilliejacques this ride is for you! Potato chip girl made it 2 years ago. It is on jeep roads and some single track.

NMTrailboss who will be the official photo taker We were counting on you being there.
Little R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #540
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Sammy and Nathan will not be riding Taos. Which might make section choice easier.
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote