Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #1591
SheRidesABeemer
Go Big or Go Home.

Oddometer: 1,944
Interesting ride report, it's a shame that it is hidden in the women's rider forum.
I do not understand why so many women riders feel a need to segregate themselves.
87 K75
Do what you love, and do it often.
SheRidesABeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:50 AM   #1592
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,487
Prolly for the same reasons I can get the ones here to give me the 'greeting of the day' (means good morning, good afternoon, etc)--they all think we dudes are just scoping "opportunity".

Wonder why the dudes blow us off too?

I agree though, I love the different perspetive. And of course the dream that my wife will one day ride.

B
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:38 AM   #1593
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 28,087
Good Afternoon B

SheRidesABeemer.... Why is it a shame ??? Why not post here...
I promised the gals I would post this report...

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:19 AM   #1594
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDraco
Good Afternoon B

Old 12-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #1595
SheRidesABeemer
Go Big or Go Home.

Oddometer: 1,944
Quote:
Good Afternoon B

A shame as in you loose the wider audience that may not be following this thread. Is it somehow a women's only tale?
87 K75
Do what you love, and do it often.
SheRidesABeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #1596
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer
Interesting ride report, it's a shame that it is hidden in the women's rider forum.
I do not understand why so many women riders feel a need to segregate themselves.
I can't speak for anyone else but I like having a Women's thread where we can chat with other women about things we enjoy. Sometimes we compare notes on rides, places to go, and even what to wear. Some of these things are the same for women as it is for men but other things are different for women. Some times things I do the gals would be a lot more interested in it than the guys and I will just post it here. Other times I think or hope everyone will enjoy a ride report and I will post in ride reports and add a link here for the ladies.

I don't know that women feel a need to segregate themselves, I certainly don't, but I do like to be able to meet an visit with other gals that ride. I love the guys but there are times when the testosterone fest gets to be too much for me and I prefer the company of other women. There are plenty of gals out there that have the desire and ability to ride the adreline pumping pace the guys enjoy but that's not me. A place to go where there are other gals encoraging each other is a plus as far as I'm concerned. That doesn't make is segregation only a place that has a common interest. Similiar to the threads or forums that are motorcycle type specific.

I pop in here and visit with gals but my main playground is in regionals, the PacificNorthwet specifically. I'm sure the other gals that come here to visit also have another area they post in as well.

With all that being said I hope to see more posts from you here and you will share some of your Adventures with us. I did check out your ride report which I missed in when you posted it in Ride Reports: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254793 Congratulations on being featured in the AMA magazine. I also see you were in Spokane for a rally I attended as well, I'm disappointed I didn't have the opportunity to meet you.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:55 AM   #1597
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBill
Prolly for the same reasons I can get the ones here to give me the 'greeting of the day' (means good morning, good afternoon, etc)--they all think we dudes are just scoping "opportunity".

Wonder why the dudes blow us off too?

I agree though, I love the different perspetive. And of course the dream that my wife will one day ride.

B
Good Morning,

Point your wife to this thread she might enjoy reading what the gals here have to say. Maybe it will give her some encouragement to join in riding.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #1598
KCDakar
What are we waiting for?

Oddometer: 3,388
I tend to go all over ADV and read. So much great stuff here on ADV. But I still like to come here to this thread and see what the ladies have to say.

I don't feel it is segregation. Just a one more thing we have in common and like to share here with other females without the testosterone poisoning that can sometimes happen here on ADV. And I say sometimes. For the most part female RR's here go over pretty good but I have seen it when others just feel the need to post offensive stuff just to get a laugh.

It has even happened here in this thread. That said I am pretty much an anti-drama kind of person. I don't go down stairs very often and will not go back to threads up here that are full of mud slinging. Don't get me wrong I don't have thin skin, I just don't have the time.

I started riding back when I was the ONLY one around here (my home) unless you count the ones who rode on the back. I got a lot of flack for it. I have seen a lot in my time. And it is probably the reason I ride almost always by myself. (I'm getting better at riding with others )

I look forward to seeing more females get into riding. There can never be enough! After all we are all just riders...aren't we?

Save $5 on Smugmug by entering coupon code: GJBcMk1uLoZm6
KCDakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #1599
PrairieRider
Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer: 3,887
I like the women's thread also. Maybe ride reports could be put in ride reports, but don't forget to post a link here too. RR's get buried way to quickly in the main forum.

A quick head up re: the AMA women's event next August. They posted the following on the webpage:

"Want more info about the 2009 AMA International Women & Motorcycling Conference as it becomes available? Send us your name and e-mail at info@womenandmotorcycling.com, and we’ll add you to the list."
1994 Beta Techno 250

Striving to do better.
PrairieRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #1600
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

I get along with guys as well as gals...
I just thought gals would like to hear about that report more then some of the guys...

Plus I have dial-up... So I can't get a lot of the pages in ADV with big photos to load .. And it hoses my laptop up and then I have to crash it ...Not a fun thing to do....

Yeah .... Well someday I post more in other places... I did post a good deal in ADV.Hacks for a while ....

But NO I don't feel the need to just post here in this thread...
It's just where I posted it

Bill have her take a MSF ... It will give her an idea if she wants to ride her own Moto... Or stay as a Passenger....
And there is nothing wrong with that... Hell I was a passenger for over 100k miles... Till I started riding my own... And YES I started on two... And then jumped to Trikes...

Old 12-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #1601
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Quote:
Bill have her take a MSF ... It will give her an idea if she wants to ride her own Moto... Or stay as a Passenger....
And there is nothing wrong with that...
First: *wink

Second, the MSF is the best idea. We've talked about it and I want to go that route, if she's still game.

I pull a lot from this thread, mostly confirming what I already learned the hard way.

She always hated riding on the back of mine. Control issues--the good kind. Then someone gave me a Honda Twinstar...which I sold because I thought...no wait, I didn't think. Stupid. She would have learned on that bike. Anyway, no more lost opportunities. I want her to at least have the opportunity to experience the freedom and catharthis that comes... But, the choice and will are hers. I think the entire idea is founded then built on "her will be done".

Man shutting up now.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:22 PM   #1602
Motera
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
I wish I had the leisure time to browse all the forums, but I don't. I like having women's ride reports in this forum,otherwise I would probably miss them.

A link directing people over to this forum could always be posted in other relevant forums.
Motera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:28 PM   #1603
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

What I enjoyed about the MSF...Is they wanted you to learn..They wanted you to pass...
NO yelling or getting upset with the gals due to not understanding...
I had my NightHawk bewfore I took the course ...
Don ONLY showed me how to start and shift to first and feel the clutch engage.. And go 45' stop and doggie it back to the end of the barn..And do it again... As he said he didn't want to teach me his bad habits..
Ya got to love him for that !! Ok you don't ... LOL...

Old 12-12-2008, 08:46 AM   #1604
Motorcycle.Girl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
As my username says....another girl rider here!
Motorcycle.Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:20 AM   #1605
Buzzy
Dudley Lives

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle.Girl
As my username says....another girl rider here!
Awesome! Welcome!! Where do you live and what do you ride? There's a great group of supportive women on ADV, and if you're anywhere in the PNW, we have a pretty big circle with lots of fun stuff planned this summer! Tell us about yourself!

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
Buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote