ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 12:52 PM   #2101
Astir
Adventuress
 
Astir's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: NM
Oddometer: 163
I agree with Lady D - see how you feel. Is this your first? I rode horses throughout pregnancy, but after about month 6-7 wasn't much into anything but walking. A lot of stress on the lower back, and getting on got quite interesting. None of my moto gear would fit by then either...

Be very careful out there!
Astir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:46 AM   #2102
motomacs
Gnarly Adventurer
 
motomacs's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Warner NH
Oddometer: 110
You may have some balance issues later on. I had a still spill in deep sand at the end of a driveway when I was 8 monthes along. I just set it down easy. The balance point changes just as your own does. There is less margin for error. The grace of riding a bike does offer some relief from feeling big and awkward.
__________________
'12 KTM 200 XCW, '10 BMW F800GS, '06 HD XL1200R, '94 Ducati 900SS,'03 TTR125, '77 Yamaha RD400 vintage racebike,72 Suzuki T250J, '60 BMW R27
'
GBNF-'72 DT250,KZ400,Kaw 700LTD,'98HD XL883,99HD-FXDL,'99 Duc ST4,
'01 Duc 748, '05 Duc Multistrada 1000SDS,'06 BMW R1200GS, '12 HD FLSTN
motomacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #2103
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 11,085
Hi Ladies,

It sure has been quiet in this thread lately. What's happening with everyone? Any one riding? New bikes? Find the latest cool Farkle?


This spring here in the beautiful Northwest we have the opportunity to attend an all women's Adventure Camp. I'm super excited about it and can hardly wait until May.

Here's the thread about it: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551769 If any of you are close enough to attend please come join us if this is something that interest you.

The camp is in Roy, WA which is East of Olympia (South of Seattle).
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:33 PM   #2104
eorstail
Rides FAst PuDDles
 
eorstail's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: cheap seats in Evergreen, CO
Oddometer: 112
I'm jealous... and trying to figure out how to get to WA!

This would be perfect for me, but it's a long way from Colorado! So, I'm jealous!

I'm new to this thread and dirt riding. I started on a Burgman 400 but then realized I was ready for more, so I jumped up to an F650GS last summer. Pretty much sticking to street and smooth dirt roads only. But hoping to explore more this summer.

Have a great time in May. I'm still jealous. And, thanks for the link, I'll keep it on my list for the future.

Sue
eorstail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:05 AM   #2105
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 11,085
Sue keep thinking about how you can make this happend. I'm waiting the hear back from the safety school and I hope I get an email from them Monday. I'm waiting to find out about what they will have available for rental bikes. Normally they have plenty of rentals (things like XT225/250) but that same weekend they have a HOG group taking a dirt class so it was unknown what would be available for us. When we put it together my thought was that we didn't need the rentals because we all have our own bikes but I have discovered we have and interest from people who don't have dirt worth bikes yet or like your case flying in might be required.

The other thing I'm waiting to hear about is what demo bikes will be available for us to play with. Ride West BMW out of Seattle has agreed to sponsor this and bring down any demos they have available. I suspect there will be at least a few F650GSs so you would be able to at least try a few of the skills on the same type of bike.

The school is working hard at making this one heck of an enjoyable camp for us. They are as excited about having an all women camp as we are.

Check flights into Seattle - The Northwest ADV community is a helpful group. I bet we wouldn't have any problem what so ever getting someone to pick you up and to bring you to camp and take you back to the airport when it's time.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:40 AM   #2106
Sexy Boots
Rd Lk A Grl, Ft Lk A Grl
 
Sexy Boots's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Madison, Va
Oddometer: 31
Another Newbie here!

Hi Everyone, Another new member and new rider (to be!) This is so cool having a place just for us girls to hang out. My husband has gotten me hooked on wanting a bike of my own...so here goes! It's a bit late in life for this new venture but hey who knows where it will lead....
Sexy Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:51 AM   #2107
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 11,085
Hi Sexy Boots,

It's never too late, welcome to the fun.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:03 AM   #2108
Queen
Escapee
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Oddometer: 24,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
Hi Ladies,

It sure has been quiet in this thread lately. What's happening with everyone? Any one riding? New bikes? Find the latest cool Farkle?
No riding, we've been under snow for months...and I slipped on the ice and hurt my knee. Have to see the doc on Tuesday about knee surgery (#5 on my right knee )...I may end up selling the Bonnie and just riding my scooter this summer.
Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #2109
Sexy Boots
Rd Lk A Grl, Ft Lk A Grl
 
Sexy Boots's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Madison, Va
Oddometer: 31
Thanks for the welcome. Yep, I have my heart set on a BMW F650 GS RED. It's the coolest bike! Hope to take the class soon...if the snow would ever
stop! LOL I'm ready for sun sun sun
Sexy Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #2110
Astir
Adventuress
 
Astir's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: NM
Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
Sue keep thinking about how you can make this happend. I'm waiting the hear back from the safety school and I hope I get an email from them Monday. I'm waiting to find out about what they will have available for rental bikes. Normally they have plenty of rentals (things like XT225/250) but that same weekend they have a HOG group taking a dirt class so it was unknown what would be available for us. When we put it together my thought was that we didn't need the rentals because we all have our own bikes but I have discovered we have and interest from people who don't have dirt worth bikes yet or like your case flying in might be required.

The other thing I'm waiting to hear about is what demo bikes will be available for us to play with. Ride West BMW out of Seattle has agreed to sponsor this and bring down any demos they have available. I suspect there will be at least a few F650GSs so you would be able to at least try a few of the skills on the same type of bike.

The school is working hard at making this one heck of an enjoyable camp for us. They are as excited about having an all women camp as we are.

Check flights into Seattle - The Northwest ADV community is a helpful group. I bet we wouldn't have any problem what so ever getting someone to pick you up and to bring you to camp and take you back to the airport when it's time.

Link is broken in your sig...

Let me know what you hear about bike availability. I would love to do this, but can't afford 4 days vacation riding there and back...

PS - Hi new gals! glad you found us!

Ride on...
Astir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #2111
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 11,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen
No riding, we've been under snow for months...and I slipped on the ice and hurt my knee. Have to see the doc on Tuesday about knee surgery (#5 on my right knee )...I may end up selling the Bonnie and just riding my scooter this summer.
You're having the snow this year that we had last year. I didn't think it would ever give up. The good news is this winter has been extremely mild on this side of the country and perhaps next winter you will be rewarded with the same.

Sending super positive thoughts your way for your knee to heal quickly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Boots
Thanks for the welcome. Yep, I have my heart set on a BMW F650 GS RED. It's the coolest bike! Hope to take the class soon...if the snow would ever
stop! LOL I'm ready for sun sun sun
We'll all be waiting to see pictures of your red F650GS and to hear about how much you enjoyed the class when you're done.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Astir
Link is broken in your sig...

Let me know what you hear about bike availability. I would love to do this, but can't afford 4 days vacation riding there and back...

PS - Hi new gals! glad you found us!

Ride on...
Thanks for alerting me to the broken linky I think it's fixed now or at least it was a few minutes ago when I tested it.

It was confirmed this morning there are bikes available for the Adventure camp. I didn't get the specifics as far as which bikes or the cost but it was confirmed the Safety School will work with gals that need a dirt worthy bikes for the weekend. If you are interested in doing this call the school as soon as you can and they can fill you in. Bret is the person who has been working with on this - the number for the school is: 253-770-8888

If gals are flying in I will do what ever it takes to make sure you have transportation from the airport to camp and back.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #2112
hajime
Gnarly Adventurer
 
hajime's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer
Reading about the "biker bitch" made me curious. How many of you change your own oil and other maintenance? When I first got my bike I didn't. A few years back my GSing date-mate showed me how easy it was ( you know who you are). I try to learn a few new maintenance tasks every year. I think it makes guys feel inferior if you know how to do mechanical tasks that they didn't bother to learn. But that's their issue not mine! I save $50 doing the GT myself - I like saving money.
I'm a girl and new to advrider and new to riding (~1 year experience). I do all my own maintenance. My bikes (Honda 150, KTM 200, and GS500) were all purchased used so each one needed a complete check-up. I've learned to adjust carbs, valves, change oil (easy), tires, replace chain, etc. I even lowered my KTM 200. At first I didn't know much about motorcycle maintenance and repair. I bought manuals, surfed the web, and asked a lot of questions. My hubby is a great source of info, but I don't let him do the work on my bikes. It's too much fun to do it myself.
hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:45 PM   #2113
Astir
Adventuress
 
Astir's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: NM
Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajime
I'm a girl and new to advrider and new to riding (~1 year experience). I do all my own maintenance. My bikes (Honda 150, KTM 200, and GS500) were all purchased used so each one needed a complete check-up. I've learned to adjust carbs, valves, change oil (easy), tires, replace chain, etc. I even lowered my KTM 200. At first I didn't know much about motorcycle maintenance and repair. I bought manuals, surfed the web, and asked a lot of questions. My hubby is a great source of info, but I don't let him do the work on my bikes. It's too much fun to do it myself.
Good for you hajime! Welcome to the insanity...
Astir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:21 AM   #2114
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!
 
LadyDraco's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Some of the best roads in the east..
Oddometer: 29,711
Hey gals !!! How has everyone been ??
This has been the worst winter ever!!!
Since Thanksgiving we had 132" of snow total for the season !!!!
Now we have flooding !!!

Since Jan ,I only have around 300 miles !!
I normally have around 2000+ by now....

But Spring is in the air....
__________________
TISE
Life is what you make of it~If it don't fit make alterations
Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
Just because the road is rocky doesn't mean your spirits should get rocky, too.{Crazy Cora}
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:47 AM   #2115
Becktastic
Bonzai Becky
 
Becktastic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Somewhere between CA and Ushuaia!
Oddometer: 1,153
Ya'll need to move down here where it's warm! We can start an amazonian motorcycle commune!
Becktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015