Oddometer: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Buttercup
Then DOUBLE bonus!!!!!

TRIPLE bonus if he cooks.....!!!!

... i could go on....
He does cook. Pretty well actually.

Doesn't ride bikes thogh...
well, at least he doesn't want to ride mine then.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:23 AM   #2102
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,861
Don't know...

If this has already been posted here, but, thought y'all would like to see what one of our sisters is doing:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529505
It's a righteous cause, so spread the word!!

If any of you went to Keystone in August for the AMA event, Alysa was a BMW ride leader!!!

Had no idea this thread was around. I guess I'll give a short intro:

I've been riding since I was 12, and about 3years ago got into dual sport riding. About the same time I became an MSF and RE coach. Really cool side job, good for karma, and you can write motorcycle stuff off!!!!
Glad to meet y'all!!!
DSC03319
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:44 AM   #2103
Fish on a bike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Pregnant... and riding?

Hi,

Just wondering what others think about riding while pregnant.

I'm 4 months now, and here in Canada it's the middle of winter. By the time motorcycle season comes around I'll be 7.5 or 8 months pregnant, so pretty huge. Aside from obvious issues like gear not fitting, would you even consider riding -- either your own bike or as a passenger? (I ride a goldwing -- so sit upright and no off-roading.)

I'm sure I'll know when I get there if it's even an option, but just... wondering what you think.

Thanks!

F.
Fish on a bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:32 AM   #2104
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 26,799
My feeling is what is comfy for you ..
What might be for is not for the other..
One must know their own body...
And own confidence level..

I had friends that rode horse's and fox hunted up to their 8th month ...
But they rode every day... Had reg check ups . The DR. said fine being they had been riding right along and was fit...

I hope this helps..

Tracy

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:52 PM   #2105
Astir
Adventuress

Oddometer: 195
I agree with Lady D - see how you feel. Is this your first? I rode horses throughout pregnancy, but after about month 6-7 wasn't much into anything but walking. A lot of stress on the lower back, and getting on got quite interesting. None of my moto gear would fit by then either...

Be very careful out there!
Astir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:46 AM   #2106
motomacs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
You may have some balance issues later on. I had a still spill in deep sand at the end of a driveway when I was 8 monthes along. I just set it down easy. The balance point changes just as your own does. There is less margin for error. The grace of riding a bike does offer some relief from feeling big and awkward.
'01 Duc 748, '05 Duc Multistrada 1000SDS,'06 BMW R1200GS, '12 HD FLSTN
motomacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #2107
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,513
Hi Ladies,

It sure has been quiet in this thread lately. What's happening with everyone? Any one riding? New bikes? Find the latest cool Farkle?

This spring here in the beautiful Northwest we have the opportunity to attend an all women's Adventure Camp. I'm super excited about it and can hardly wait until May.

Here's the thread about it: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551769 If any of you are close enough to attend please come join us if this is something that interest you.

The camp is in Roy, WA which is East of Olympia (South of Seattle).
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:33 PM   #2108
eorstail
Rides FAst PuDDles

Oddometer: 112
I'm jealous... and trying to figure out how to get to WA!

This would be perfect for me, but it's a long way from Colorado! So, I'm jealous!

I'm new to this thread and dirt riding. I started on a Burgman 400 but then realized I was ready for more, so I jumped up to an F650GS last summer. Pretty much sticking to street and smooth dirt roads only. But hoping to explore more this summer.

Have a great time in May. I'm still jealous. And, thanks for the link, I'll keep it on my list for the future.

Sue
eorstail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:05 AM   #2109
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Sue keep thinking about how you can make this happend. I'm waiting the hear back from the safety school and I hope I get an email from them Monday. I'm waiting to find out about what they will have available for rental bikes. Normally they have plenty of rentals (things like XT225/250) but that same weekend they have a HOG group taking a dirt class so it was unknown what would be available for us. When we put it together my thought was that we didn't need the rentals because we all have our own bikes but I have discovered we have and interest from people who don't have dirt worth bikes yet or like your case flying in might be required.

The other thing I'm waiting to hear about is what demo bikes will be available for us to play with. Ride West BMW out of Seattle has agreed to sponsor this and bring down any demos they have available. I suspect there will be at least a few F650GSs so you would be able to at least try a few of the skills on the same type of bike.

The school is working hard at making this one heck of an enjoyable camp for us. They are as excited about having an all women camp as we are.

Check flights into Seattle - The Northwest ADV community is a helpful group. I bet we wouldn't have any problem what so ever getting someone to pick you up and to bring you to camp and take you back to the airport when it's time.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:40 AM   #2110
Sexy Boots
Rd Lk A Grl, Ft Lk A Grl

Oddometer: 31
Another Newbie here!

Hi Everyone, Another new member and new rider (to be!) This is so cool having a place just for us girls to hang out. My husband has gotten me hooked on wanting a bike of my own...so here goes! It's a bit late in life for this new venture but hey who knows where it will lead....
Sexy Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:51 AM   #2111
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Hi Sexy Boots,

It's never too late, welcome to the fun.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:03 AM   #2112
Queen
Escapee

Oddometer: 24,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
Hi Ladies,

It sure has been quiet in this thread lately. What's happening with everyone? Any one riding? New bikes? Find the latest cool Farkle?
No riding, we've been under snow for months...and I slipped on the ice and hurt my knee. Have to see the doc on Tuesday about knee surgery (#5 on my right knee )...I may end up selling the Bonnie and just riding my scooter this summer.
Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #2113
Sexy Boots
Rd Lk A Grl, Ft Lk A Grl

Oddometer: 31
Thanks for the welcome. Yep, I have my heart set on a BMW F650 GS RED. It's the coolest bike! Hope to take the class soon...if the snow would ever
stop! LOL I'm ready for sun sun sun
Sexy Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #2114
Astir
Adventuress

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
Sue keep thinking about how you can make this happend. I'm waiting the hear back from the safety school and I hope I get an email from them Monday. I'm waiting to find out about what they will have available for rental bikes. Normally they have plenty of rentals (things like XT225/250) but that same weekend they have a HOG group taking a dirt class so it was unknown what would be available for us. When we put it together my thought was that we didn't need the rentals because we all have our own bikes but I have discovered we have and interest from people who don't have dirt worth bikes yet or like your case flying in might be required.

The other thing I'm waiting to hear about is what demo bikes will be available for us to play with. Ride West BMW out of Seattle has agreed to sponsor this and bring down any demos they have available. I suspect there will be at least a few F650GSs so you would be able to at least try a few of the skills on the same type of bike.

The school is working hard at making this one heck of an enjoyable camp for us. They are as excited about having an all women camp as we are.

Check flights into Seattle - The Northwest ADV community is a helpful group. I bet we wouldn't have any problem what so ever getting someone to pick you up and to bring you to camp and take you back to the airport when it's time.

Link is broken in your sig...

Let me know what you hear about bike availability. I would love to do this, but can't afford 4 days vacation riding there and back...

PS - Hi new gals! glad you found us!

Ride on...
Astir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #2115
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen
No riding, we've been under snow for months...and I slipped on the ice and hurt my knee. Have to see the doc on Tuesday about knee surgery (#5 on my right knee )...I may end up selling the Bonnie and just riding my scooter this summer.
You're having the snow this year that we had last year. I didn't think it would ever give up. The good news is this winter has been extremely mild on this side of the country and perhaps next winter you will be rewarded with the same.

Sending super positive thoughts your way for your knee to heal quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Boots
Thanks for the welcome. Yep, I have my heart set on a BMW F650 GS RED. It's the coolest bike! Hope to take the class soon...if the snow would ever
stop! LOL I'm ready for sun sun sun
We'll all be waiting to see pictures of your red F650GS and to hear about how much you enjoyed the class when you're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astir
Link is broken in your sig...

Let me know what you hear about bike availability. I would love to do this, but can't afford 4 days vacation riding there and back...

PS - Hi new gals! glad you found us!

Ride on...
Thanks for alerting me to the broken linky I think it's fixed now or at least it was a few minutes ago when I tested it.

It was confirmed this morning there are bikes available for the Adventure camp. I didn't get the specifics as far as which bikes or the cost but it was confirmed the Safety School will work with gals that need a dirt worthy bikes for the weekend. If you are interested in doing this call the school as soon as you can and they can fill you in. Bret is the person who has been working with on this - the number for the school is: 253-770-8888

If gals are flying in I will do what ever it takes to make sure you have transportation from the airport to camp and back.