Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #2161
flygirl
n00bius maximus

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle Xer
Hey girls, I'm new to this forum. Any girls out there wear aerostich? can you share your likes and dislikes?
Thinking about taking a ride up to Duluth Mn to check it out and grab some new riding pants.
any thoughts on bmw pants vs. aerostich? I can't believe how hard it can be to find a good fit. I'm 5'8" and have a 32" inseam and around 126 lbs.
any help and thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
The pants I posted should fit you well too!
Loki - '76 7KCAB (three-wheeler of sorts)
flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:56 AM   #2162
Puddle Xer
badass girly girl

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirl
The pants I posted should fit you well too!
great to hear from you girls. I will check out the sizing specs on these pants. inseam seems and waist seem to be a big hurdle to cross. thanks I'll check it out.
Puddle Xer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #2163
Puddle Xer
badass girly girl

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwgrrl
Have you looked at the Rev'it Sand pants? I have the Dakars and love them - first pair of riding pants that actually fit/feel the best out there for me (5'4, #110)
Thanks for the heads up on the Rev'it pants too. Seems to me I eather need to be wider or shorter! GRRRRRR!
Puddle Xer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #2164
feline
Purrrrrrrrrrs!

Oddometer: 416
I've been riding street bikes for 11 years, and have done "easy" dual sport riding for about 3 years. I just picked up a small dirt bike to learn more challenging stuff and gain confidence on items such as rocks and roots. Motorcycling is my addiction, and I am kicking myself for not getting into it at an earlier age. What holds me back now is the knowledge that middle-aged bones don't heal as quickly, and the fearlessness I had when I was 16 is a thing of the past! Maybe there is some kind of magic pill that can turn me into a risk-taking wild woman!!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #2165
Becktastic
Bonzai Becky

Oddometer: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by feline
Maybe there is some kind of magic pill that can turn me into a risk-taking wild woman!!
My gear gives me the confidence to be brave and bold! MX boots, A* Stella Bionic 2 body armor, knee guards (just destroyed my Icon ones, Thor Force guards on order...hopefully they can take my crashing...), need a new helmet too...maybe my gear makes me too bold.
Becktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #2166
bmwgrrl
Goin' Minimalistic

Oddometer: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by feline
I've been riding street bikes for 11 years, and have done "easy" dual sport riding for about 3 years. I just picked up a small dirt bike to learn more challenging stuff and gain confidence on items such as rocks and roots. Motorcycling is my addiction, and I am kicking myself for not getting into it at an earlier age. What holds me back now is the knowledge that middle-aged bones don't heal as quickly, and the fearlessness I had when I was 16 is a thing of the past! Maybe there is some kind of magic pill that can turn me into a risk-taking wild woman!!
Totally hear ya...I learned back when I was 12 when the horses were put away...250 dirt bike and yells of DON'T POP the CLUTCH! from the boys...

Old body can't take the horses, so I got m'self a bike 10 years ago...Currently have a 2005 F650GS, that I've outfitted to the thought of longer, harder and faster...

I'm 45 now...and all my gear is tuned to max fun with 60/40 risk...as long as I have a 60% chance, I'll go for it!

Not All Who are Lost Wish to be Found
bmwgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:14 PM   #2167
feline
Purrrrrrrrrrs!

Oddometer: 416
I am admittedly a more spirited rider on the street; have done track days, often wear full leathers. But most streets don't have boulders, mud ruts, tree roots, etc. to send me flying! These are what I must learn to negotiate, and things don't come nearly as easily to this 46 year old mind and body as they once did!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #2168
PNW Buttercup
Dancing with dirt roads..

Oddometer: 1,757
Laugh oh yea...

My 44 yo mind is still writing checks my body can barely CASH! <>.. ugh!

you only live this lifetime once.... live it well and happily... which does not translate to go out and try to kill yourself! Slow is good... I'm okay with slow.... enjoy the scenery that way...
PNW Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:55 AM   #2169
bmwgrrl
Goin' Minimalistic

Oddometer: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Buttercup
My 44 yo mind is still writing checks my body can barely CASH! <>.. ugh!
All my checks go to my physiatrist now. 25 years breaking and training horses have left me with a plethora of misfit joints - starting prolotherapy this month. The guys at the farms I worked at in my youth are to blame for introducing me to dirtbikes (although I was always keen on them.) After a long day of shoveling and cutting hay, I was taught how to ride on their bikes (those were the kickstart days.) My mom never approved of riding motorbikes (I think she's just given up now) but thought that a horse would keep me out of trouble. My bike keeps me out of trouble now (sorta) and it almost gives me the same joy as riding a horse.

Not All Who are Lost Wish to be Found
bmwgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #2170
5StarWonder
Girly Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Laugh aging bones

I'm laughing as I read all your posts ... I started on a Yamaha XT225 last year, got a 2003 BMW 650GS this February. I've been on roads that looked like bad hiking trails and have broken a few bones along the way (hmmmm, osteopenia is NOT a good thing ... calcium and vitamin D are now a daily supplement!!!). Had a great faceplant across gravel trying to ride with some motocrossers (it was all fun ... and many many bruises!!)

I agree ... nothing wrong with slowing down just a little to enjoy the scenery. I wouldn't trade my bike for ANYTHING ... what a stress reliever, what a joy, what a sense of freedom ... I love the early morning fresh-hay smells, cool mountain air smells, fresh dirt gravel smells ... life is good on a bike! Nothing like clearing your head, jumping on the bike, and enjoying a ride. Always looking for an adventure ... I'm hoping to learn how to camp off my bike this summer.

Keep riding ... keep posting!

03 BMW F650 GS 'beemer baby' aka the Billy-Goat, she takes me where I wanna go
[/COLOR]
5StarWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:45 PM   #2171
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,803
Ahhh dang, I don't want to talk about aging bones. Why the heck do men get to have a midlife crisis where they buy a convertible/motorcycle and chase young women while we are "blessed" with weakening bones and a slew of other things . . . . ?
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #2172
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,803
A while back I posted about an All Women's Adventure camp. Well, we had it and it was a blast. Here's a link to the page where the pictures start (about four posts down): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...551769&page=30

If you have any way to swing it consider doing this next year, it's an incredible weekend. They have rental bikes ($50) if people fly in to do the weekend. AKLiz and Ideawife both flew in and used a rental bike. They also have some camping gear if you don't want to haul yours on the plane - heck they even set up the tent. Now that's a bit of luxury!

The weekend was filled with so much, we were busy the entire time and the grins on the women's faces all weekend sure said it all. We had a blast.

It was great getting to meet the other gals and have a weekend for us. Some of the gals have great husbands that even cleaned house for them while they were gone. WOW ! ! ! talk about scoring a supportive man.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #2173
Becktastic
Bonzai Becky

Oddometer: 1,132
Ooooh the adventure camp looks awesome!

Has anyone posted about this here yet?

Chickfest
June 25-27 in Colorado
Check It Out!
Becktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:26 AM   #2174
Miss Jane
Ride like a girl

Oddometer: 1,944
Down here in Oz we organised our own girls rides, or "Chicks in the Sticks". So far we've had 2 camping weekends, no blokes, and all on bikes except those who are injured. The momentum is growing, though our group is currently small. We have a great time and there are more trips planned.

Importantly we are all finding our confidence on dirt grow, which is very rewarding.

Here is the ride report for those that are interested:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post12888599
Miss Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #2175
Kaw4Life
Busted Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01
Thanks!

Well I TOTALLY got told off by this guy in JoMomma when I posted that pic cause I wasn't wearing latex gloves and how dangerous a dremel is with out latex gloves (I dont think it would prevent you from getting cut at all and worst cause can get caught in a rotory tool and REALLY hurt you) So he went off on me for a few pages, eventually calling me stupid and how he likes women with "common sense and 10 fingers"

Well since latex/nitrile gloves are the new safety necessity, I made sure my bike and myself was protected on my 500+ mile ride this past weekend. He is going to kill me
Fell out of my chair with this one, give 'em hell girl!

Oh and one more thing, those gloves are not wasted, I use mine over and over until they rip.

... which part you focus on is up to you.

Kaw4Life screwed with this post 05-26-2010 at 04:04 PM
Kaw4Life is offline   Reply With Quote