User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2010, 02:47 PM   #2236
little rider
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Question boots

I'm just getting starting to ride. I have a small problem. I can not find the right boots. I have small feet. I would like to know what kind of boots or shoe's that the girls are wearing.
little rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #2237
Astir
Adventuress

Oddometer: 195
Hello Little Rider! Welcome!

What size do you wear? What kind of boots are you looking for?

There are lots of options, especially if you look at the motocross boys boots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDraco
Back from riding the full length of The NatchezTrace ride. ..
Left Thursday 7 am back home Sunday night 11:30
1798 miles... I'll get a rr as soon as I get some time...

Welcome new gals !!
Can't wait to hear all about it LadyD!
Astir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #2238
ffchick
FF = firefighter :)

Oddometer: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by little rider
I'm just getting starting to ride. I have a small problem. I can not find the right boots. I have small feet. I would like to know what kind of boots or shoe's that the girls are wearing.
I love my Gaerne SG10 boots but I have big o' feet 9.5 (8 in mens). I ride mostly single track and prefer a boot with an articulated ankle (Sidi's are nice too but both are spendy). What kind of riding do you do?
ffchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:34 PM   #2239
ffchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
I like the fire truck. - - - There are a few of us out here but it seems difficult finding each other.
thanks We came around a corner on a dual sport ride and there it was. Considering my profession I had to get a pic of it :)
Old 09-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #2240
Catskill
tree hugger

Oddometer: 1,783
Quote:
I wear Alpine Star Tech 3's. At first they felt like my feet were in casts but once you get used to them they are great. Made for ankle support, shift support and not TERRIBLE to walk in but I still bring a pair of boots with me in my side cases to change into if I'm going to work or planning on hiking.

They are especially good for standing up for long periods of time if you're doing any off road riding.

I picked up a guys pair in my size-I'm a mens 8.

The whole flowery purple or red choices in the girls options were not um....doing it for me, so I just went with the Black guy ones...

They do make them in womens sizes though....

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ding-Gear.aspx

If we stuff the duck with chocolate, does that make him a fudge packer?
Catskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #2241
ffchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catskill
The whole flowery purple or red choices in the girls options were not um....doing it for me, so I just went with the Black guy ones...
that is funny! I can't believe how much goofy pink stuff is out there. My Thor chest protector has a small pink "Thor" logo on the front which I'm fine with, subtle. But if you try to buy any women's stuff it's like super pink or way flowery. Not that I don't mind pink stuff or flowers but within reason and not in this context. So I hear you, I tend to also go with the black guy stuff when I can
Old 09-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #2242
Catskill
tree hugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffchick
that is funny! I can't believe how much goofy pink stuff is out there. My Thor chest protector has a small pink "Thor" logo on the front which I'm fine with, subtle. But if you try to buy any women's stuff it's like super pink or way flowery. Not that I don't mind pink stuff or flowers but within reason and not in this context. So I hear you, I tend to also go with the black guy stuff when I can
Yeah I'd love a nice pare of boots that just looked like normal boots but happened to be designed for women. So far the gaerne balance pro and the pro tech look like they come close but I don't want tread on the bottom of my riding boots so I didn't pull the trigger...

I've always been a tom girl. Cowboy boots and jeans are my uniform but so far....If I had to guess I'd say one half of the of the womens gear is designed for a 7 year old girl on a tricycle and the other half is designed for strippers who happen to ride motorcycles..

Old 09-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #2243
Astir
Adventuress

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catskill
If I had to guess I'd say one half of the of the womens gear is designed for a 7 year old girl on a tricycle and the other half is designed for strippers who happen to ride motorcycles..

Completely agree with you!
Astir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #2244
little rider
n00b

Oddometer: 3
boots

I will be doing a lot of trail riding. So that I can go out with Grtwhite. I wear a kids size 5 or 6. I did try on a pair of dirt bike boots. I don't now how people can walk in them. (kids size).
They one thing that I did find was my jacket. (3 season.) Olympia (XS) and a pair of gloves just as will. The boots are the only thing that I'm haveing problems with.
little rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #2245
Catskill
tree hugger

Quote:
I will be doing a lot of trail riding. So that I can go out with Grtwhite. I wear a kids size 5 or 6. I did try on a pair of dirt bike boots. I don't now how people can walk in them. (kids size).
They one thing that I did find was my jacket. (3 season.) Olympia (XS) and a pair of gloves just as will. The boots are the only thing that I'm haveing problems with.
I found the "moulded" sole boots were easier to walk in than the ones with the stitched bottoms. Of course they are made better and consequently more expensive.

You are lucky that you have small enough feet to get away with kids sizes. You will save $.

Riding boots are for riding.

Worry more about them fitting you correctly. Don't limit yourself to boots that are comfortable to walk in. Do Keep in mind the padding will most likely compact after their initial break in. A good pair of riding boots can last you a few years, so make sure you like them and they fit and they are safe.

When I first got mine, I couldn't figure out how to walk or shift in them. I even started a thread on here asking for help. Some a$$hole basically told me to shut up and stop complaining.

After some advice from an off road coach, I was finally able to shift (painfully) in them. Fast forward a few months and now I don't like riding in anything BUT....

I still would not choose to put my Alpine Star Tech 3's on to go for a hike but I've graduated from walking like a cripple to walking like a normal person for quick jaunts in convenience stores and the like...

I had such a hard time getting used to off road boots that I went back to the store a week after I purchased them and asked the guy at the counter "What gives...these boots suck. How the hell do people do this?"

He told me his always break in right before he needs a new pair... He said he has a $300+pair of Sidi's that finally broke in...2 years after he purchased them and now it's time for a new pair.

Looking back, I realize my problem was that I was getting used to a different style of riding and a different style of boot all at the same time. The boots are and were fantastic and now that I've logged more miles in them I understand why the details of a good boot that make them uncomfortable off the bike make them VERY comfortable on the bike...

Old 09-09-2010, 07:13 AM   #2246
Lobster Grrl
Ground feeder

Oddometer: 2,474
One of the things I like about SIDI boots is that they're the only ones with a hinged ankle. This makes shifting and walking much easier because they flex. I have the Mini Force kids boots which are similar to the Crossfire's for off-road and the Adventure for street riding.

lg
Lobster Grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #2247
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 26,471
I don't trail blaze.. But I love my Sidi OnRoad boots..
100% h2o proof,and good for hiking in as well...

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #2248
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,398
Hey Ladies, it looks like we have some stuff going on. LadyD has a ride report coming up soon and those are always good plus it's nice to see a little input on riding gear. I've always had a difficult time finding gear.

Last spring I we did an All Women's Adventure Camp just south of Seattle and a few of you mentioned you might want to look into it for next year. We're working on getting it set up again. If you even have a remote interest in it go to this thread and vote for which date would work best for you: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=618534

This camp/class is women only, although at this point there isn't the availability of women instructors so we do have two male instructors and one man that brings the BMWs for us to test ride. It's a time for us without the male influence/help. It's a great way to gain new skills and tons of fun.

It is a bit spendy at least in the terms of my checkbook but learning to be a better rider is worth it. Last year it was a few dollars short of $400.00 but after completing it I felt it was worth every cent.

A couple gals flew in and rented bikes, the school has rentals and I think it was $50 for the rental.

If you are able come join us for tons of fun and you too can learn to do this:

Naw, that's not me, that's my buddy Rainbow007. She rocks!

And as for me in a couple days I'm hauling my DR200 to Moab, Utah to go check out all those red rocks and canyons. I'll do a ride report when I return.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #2249
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 26,471
Enjoy your ride I love Moab .. And the whole state of Utah....

Well all the photos are up loaded..So the rr is coming ...

BTW Great photo !!

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm

LadyDraco screwed with this post 09-09-2010 at 12:53 PM
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:49 PM   #2250
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,141
Quote:
Hi Ladies!

Little Rider, Extreme Supply has some size 38 Sidi Stingers on eBAY. Like Lobster Grrl said, the hinged ankle makes shifting & walking a lot easier. I think when Sidi discontinued the Mini Force, they came out with the Stinger, and now Motonation has quit importing the Stinger (actually Sidi might have discontinued them entirely because I don't see them as readily available overseas, either). I recently bought their big brothers, the Sidi Chargers, but I just don't have a Sidi foot (too much volume). The Chargers were AWESOME though, very lightweight for the protection offered. I had to send them back and ended up with Gaerne SG10's. The Gaerne's are also hinged and also awesome, but a good bit heavier. I don't know why Gaerne doesn't hinge their youth model.

I'm recovering from a broken foot and have re-thunk all of my riding footwear. I've got some Fox Comp 5 shorty boots on the way to use for street and mild offroad, and will use the SG10's for the gnarly stuff.