Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #2686
Gypsy_Writer
It's all good!

Oddometer: 47
I sold the XT. It was a fun little off-road bike, but I needed something more road capable. And, since I am not going to be taking it off any jumps or up goat trails, it just seemed like the wrong bike for me. Instead I got a street bike and am ADV modding it!

Besides, this way I have an excuse to play with a welder.

I'm not too short, the rest of the world is just too tall.

If I had to choose between the city and the country, I would choose the ocean.
Gypsy_Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #2687
opaque_machete
girls wanna have fun

Oddometer: 630
Pics??? What bike did you get, G_W?
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -George Carlin
Two Wheel Females.com
opaque_machete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #2688
Gypsy_Writer
It's all good!

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by opaque_machete View Post
Pics??? What bike did you get, G_W?
I got a 2001 Suzuki SV650. I have a thread in "Some Assembly Required" on the mod project with a TON of pictures. Not sure if I am breaking any rules here, but this is the link to the thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...7#post18816657

It's a lot of fun!

I'm not too short, the rest of the world is just too tall.

If I had to choose between the city and the country, I would choose the ocean.
Gypsy_Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #2689
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 28,215
Great Pic GW...
I have used rotors turned into lazy susans in my house

I too love working with power tools

As well on my bike too....

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #2690
RidingBInWV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Hi ADV ladies! Just poking my head in a bit and saying hello to everyone.
I'm a complete n00b, both to the board and motorcycles themselves. Wanting desperately to ride and taking the MSF beginner course at the end of this month (WOO!). Still a little lost when it comes to where to begin other than taking the beginners course.
When I get past that point and get my license and hopefully a bike, I'm wanting to be able to do a little bit of everything. On-road, off-road...want to travel, camp out, have fun.
Most of my general confusion comes when trying to figure out what all I'll need and how best to get it!

Anyway, thanks for reading ladies. I'll be frequenting this thread more, now that I've found it!
RidingBInWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #2691
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 28,215
Welcome

So where in WV do you live??

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #2692
Motorcycle Grandma
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Hi ladies.

Just wanted to say Hi. Been riding for over 35 yrs and have am looking for some new riding buddies. My husband of 38 yrs has decided he wants out and we use to ride together all the time so now I need to find so new riding buddies. Have a girlfriend who rides with me some be it just doesn't seem like our schedule work for us to ride much together. So if anyone out there is in the Raleigh area and wants to ride I would love to get with you. I love to ride up toward Clarksville Va on day trips but also am interested in taking some longer trips to. But I am up to riding anywhere just to be able to ride.

Hope to meet some of you soon for a ride and ride safe.
Motorcycle Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #2693
RidingBInWV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
Welcome

So where in WV do you live??
I'm in the Huntington area. Meh.
RidingBInWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #2694
opaque_machete
girls wanna have fun

Oddometer: 630
spring closeout on jackets

Girl Gear is having a spring closeout on their jackets. They don't zipper to your pants, but for those who claim they can't go ATGATT because they can't afford it, here's your chance.

http://girlgearapparel.com/site/Jackets_GG2.html
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -George Carlin
Two Wheel Females.com
opaque_machete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #2695
Motorcycle Grandma
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Hope everyone has a great weekend riding this weekend. I am in Blowing Rock working this weekend and will not get a chance to ride. Being in the beautiful NC mountains and not being able to ride is a bummer. Hope to slow down soon and be able to ride one weekend if I can find someone that will let me tag along.
Motorcycle Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #2696
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 10,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Grandma View Post
Hope everyone has a great weekend riding this weekend. I am in Blowing Rock working this weekend and will not get a chance to ride. Being in the beautiful NC mountains and not being able to ride is a bummer. Hope to slow down soon and be able to ride one weekend if I can find someone that will let me tag along.
just "holler" if you make it over to the AVL area - I can show you endless mt. roads with virtually no traffic...

Cuttle screwed with this post 06-08-2012 at 09:05 PM
Cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #2697
tankara fishing
tierra encantada

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
hey gals....if you get the chance and are interested my partner and I are heading out on June 29th on a trip of a lifetime and we even got Triumph to lend us two of their new Tiger 800XC bikes...check out my signature for our love report and BLOG...would love to see more women on the ride thread and feel free to peruse the BLOG....
Hiya,
I wanted to read your Tiger XC ride report, but the link connected to some other thread that had nothing to do with it. And your blog is so huge, I can't seem to find the specific ride report there, either. Sorry if I'm dense. Please post a link to your report.
Thanks,
Jill
Tiger 800
tankara fishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #2698
nhspirit
Just Ride

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillGat View Post
Hiya,
I wanted to read your Tiger XC ride report, but the link connected to some other thread that had nothing to do with it. And your blog is so huge, I can't seem to find the specific ride report there, either. Sorry if I'm dense. Please post a link to your report.
Thanks,
Jill
Tiger 800
Try doing a forum search on 'Cheryl & Leslie's 2011" this should bring up the correct link. Great read!
Old 06-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #2699
zora
the explora

Oddometer: 2,080
Hello ladies. New subscriber to this thread. I'm not sure why I never stumbled upon it before, but I sure am stoked to have found it, especially because my twenty best riding buddies are all boys. Not that there is anything wrong with them. Well okay, I'll be honest, there is a lot wrong with them.

Anyhow, I bought my first bike 12 years ago, a 73 Honda CB350F. I zipped around on it and it was fun and all, but I didn't become absolutely obsessed with bikes until I bought my first dual sport 4 years ago, a little DR200. Once I got a taste of what it was like to ride in the woods, I became a total junkie. Every single weekend, vacation, destination, event, any bit of free time is now moto related. I kinda don't even remember what the heck I used to do before I got into them.

My 96 DR650 is my favorite bike for pretty much everything, got it 3 years ago and will hit 20,000 miles on it when I go out for a ride later today. I also have a 08 WR250R for more technical woodsy riding, single track and have even attempted a few hillclimb events on it. Here is an amusing little clip of one of my attempts at going up a double black diamond ski hill. You can kind of get an idea to the actual steepness of the hill when you see that I can't even walk up it. Sorry for the shaky filming, guess my husband had a bit of nerves watching

Noob Hillclimber

I hope this isn't a recently covered topic, I apologize if it is, but I am looking for new pants. I am sitting here right now with two pair that have to get shipped back, yet again, cuz they are way too short. One pair was even mens cuz after returning the other four or five pair, I opted for that route hoping for some more length. Nope, not on these puppies.

Anyone else on here have super long stems and have a pair you'd like to let me know about? I am 5' 8, 110lbs and have almost a 36" inseam. I am looking for over the boot pants that aren't super heavy duty. I just want something to wear on the trails and don't really need protection in the pants themselves and don't want something that will be so steamy hot in the summer. Any info would be super appreciated!
Old 06-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #2700
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by opaque_machete View Post
Girl Gear is having a spring closeout on their jackets. They don't zipper to your pants, but for those who claim they can't go ATGATT because they can't afford it, here's your chance.

http://girlgearapparel.com/site/Jackets_GG2.html
WOW those are great prices and the sizes look like they are really made for women. Thanks for sharing the link.

Next weekend I will be headed to Enterprise, OR for the Hells Canyon gathering. It's always a good time and I'm looking forward to it. If any of you are in the area or can be in the area please join us. The link is in my sig. line.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote