ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 07:01 AM   #2701
Cuttle
me? what?
 
Cuttle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Mars
Oddometer: 10,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by zora View Post
Anyone else on here have super long stems and have a pair you'd like to let me know about? I am 5' 8, 110lbs and have almost a 36" inseam. I am looking for over the boot pants that aren't super heavy duty. I just want something to wear on the trails and don't really need protection in the pants themselves and don't want something that will be so steamy hot in the summer. Any info would be super appreciated!
first off: welcome!

and with our measurements you are the envy of most of the girls on this board .

Good Luck finding pants! Personally I'd look into Klim tall (good quality and nicely vented). Good
__________________
Cutītle (k?tīt'l)
1.(Zool.) A cephalopod of the genus Sepia, having an internal shell, large eyes, and ten arms furnished with denticulated suckers, by means of which it secures its prey. 2.A foul-mouthed fellow
Cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #2702
zora
the explora
 
zora's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: WI
Oddometer: 2,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle View Post

Personally I'd look into Klim tall (good quality and nicely vented).
Thanks for that, Cuttle! To top off the difficulty in finding the right size, I am also an animal advocate and try not to buy anything made out of their skin. A lot of my friends wear Klim and I assumed they all had those leather panels on the inner leg, but found they have a few pair that they make that don't and they are also the nice lightweight ones I have been searching for. Thanks again!!
__________________
Who is Zora?
"That's hard to explain... Have you ever stood on the edge of an active volcano, with a tornado in it, during an earthquake? A lot like that... But with whiskey... And bunnies." -Benron
zora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #2703
cdwise
Studly Adventurer
 
cdwise's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Houston, TX/Breckenridge, CO
Oddometer: 841
Wink

Not sure why I never stumbled across this thread before but I'm probably not your typical ADV rider since I ride scooters. aka step through motorcycle. Started with a little Buddy 125cc 7 years ago, moved up to a Vespa GTS 250 which is still my in-town go to bike. For touring I ride either a BV 500 or Scarabeo 500. I have a bad hip that sometime simply wouldn't let me swing a leg over a traditional motorcycle without falling on my ass and probably brining the bike down on top of me.

Most of my touring is solo though I did manage to drag my husband off on a ride from Colorado to San Diego last year since my son wanted our Sports City with him at university last year. While I've ridden dirt it isn't my thing probably something to do with that hip problem though I've been seriously considering a small dual sport for running around some of the trails near our place in Breckenridge but it would have to be small and light. Problem would be keeping my husband and sons off it. :)

Just over 10,000 miles in the last year with another 3,200+ mile solo trip due to start next Sunday. Taking a long trip with my husband is okay but I really enjoy the solo trips, especially when I can meet up with folks I know occasionally on the trip.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #2704
tuffstuff
Livin' Life
 
tuffstuff's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Earlysville, Virginia
Oddometer: 512
Welcome!!! And might I add ... I am so jealous of your reference to your place in Breckenridge. I was there for 3 days last summer and did not want to leave. I have a little dr200 and I rode it all over back roads and up into the mountains there. I also love your comment about dragging your husband to ride ... Most men complain of that with their wives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwise View Post
Not sure why I never stumbled across this thread before but I'm probably not your typical ADV rider since I ride scooters. aka step through motorcycle. Started with a little Buddy 125cc 7 years ago, moved up to a Vespa GTS 250 which is still my in-town go to bike. For touring I ride either a BV 500 or Scarabeo 500. I have a bad hip that sometime simply wouldn't let me swing a leg over a traditional motorcycle without falling on my ass and probably brining the bike down on top of me.

Most of my touring is solo though I did manage to drag my husband off on a ride from Colorado to San Diego last year since my son wanted our Sports City with him at university last year. While I've ridden dirt it isn't my thing probably something to do with that hip problem though I've been seriously considering a small dual sport for running around some of the trails near our place in Breckenridge but it would have to be small and light. Problem would be keeping my husband and sons off it. :)

Just over 10,000 miles in the last year with another 3,200+ mile solo trip due to start next Sunday. Taking a long trip with my husband is okay but I really enjoy the solo trips, especially when I can meet up with folks I know occasionally on the trip.
__________________
2014 Colorado Ride Report
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:24 AM   #2705
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!
 
LadyDraco's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: FeederOfMorans~Some of the best roads in the east.
Oddometer: 27,173
Welcome Zora & cdwise....
It can be hard to find this .. The location is what makes it hard to find for the first time ..

I stick it in a subscribe .. Along with other favorite threads...
__________________
TISE
Life is what you make of it~
If it don't fit make alterations

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #2706
BSkye
Studly Adventurer
 
BSkye's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Right here.
Oddometer: 698
I hope this isn't a recently covered topic, I apologize if it is, but I am looking for new pants. I am sitting here right now with two pair that have to get shipped back, yet again, cuz they are way too short. One pair was even mens cuz after returning the other four or five pair, I opted for that route hoping for some more length. Nope, not on these puppies.

Anyone else on here have super long stems and have a pair you'd like to let me know about? I am 5' 8, 110lbs and have almost a 36" inseam. I am looking for over the boot pants that aren't super heavy duty. I just want something to wear on the trails and don't really need protection in the pants themselves and don't want something that will be so steamy hot in the summer. Any info would be super appreciated! [/QUOTE]

Klim Dakar or Klim Mojave in tall.

Hi, my name is BSkye and I have a 34-inch inseam....
__________________
What others think of me is none of my business.
What I think of me is none of my business.

BSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:17 AM   #2707
SixOneGiraffe
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Oddometer: 16
Hi everyone, and nice to see all the new ladyriders!!

cdwise - can't wait to hear about your adventure coming up!

zora - pants are definitely a challenge here as well. My inseam is a 37, but the longest I could find were Joe Rocket Ballistics at a 36. They are still short but still comfy.
SixOneGiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #2708
cdwise
Studly Adventurer
 
cdwise's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Houston, TX/Breckenridge, CO
Oddometer: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixOneGiraffe View Post
Hi everyone, and nice to see all the new ladyriders!!

cdwise - can't wait to hear about your adventure coming up!

zora - pants are definitely a challenge here as well. My inseam is a 37, but the longest I could find were Joe Rocket Ballistics at a 36. They are still short but still comfy.
Reminds me I need to transfer my Houston-DC-Houston ride report from Modern Vespa over to my own blog. I didn't take a laptop so it was easier to post by email to that forum than it was to my blog http://cheryldwise.com which has most of my ride reports. Think I'll do that while I'm thinking about it before I start on my real job for the day. Much more fun than the legal brief I'm supposed to be writing.

Cheryl
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #2709
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!
 
LadyDraco's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: FeederOfMorans~Some of the best roads in the east.
Oddometer: 27,173
Dang I'm just the other way ... I walk the backs of all my jeans,moto pants ..
I'm something like a 28" inseam... With boots on
__________________
TISE
Life is what you make of it~
If it don't fit make alterations

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #2710
Colorado Pickle
n00b
 
Colorado Pickle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Jefferson, DC
Oddometer: 3
Kind of new

Hi Ladies! I just thought I would poke my head in and say hi. I have a 2009 Kawasaki ER-6n and live in Denver. I've been lurking on this forum for over a year just reading things and being envious of people's ride reports. My husband rides a 2004 Triumph Thruxton and between that and my bike, our adventures are confined to pavement. Although, living near the Rockies definitely means we have plenty of fun roads to ride on.

On another note, does anyone have any experiences with the sizing of Rev'it gloves?

Colorado Pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #2711
LooksGoodInRed
aka TrilobiteMX
 
LooksGoodInRed's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Putnam Valley, NY
Oddometer: 131
Cool2 Off road helmet for small faces ;-)

Hi! I'm trying to buy an off road helmet for myself but I can't really find anything that won't reveal my full face Yes - I have a small face althought I never thought that way until I tried to purchase a helmet
Anyway, could you provide any info regarding this complicated matter?
I'll appreciate it greatly!

Thanks!
__________________
'03 BMW F650GS
'08 CRF 230L
'00 GZ 250

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart
LooksGoodInRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #2712
zora
the explora
 
zora's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: WI
Oddometer: 2,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksGoodInRed View Post
I can't really find anything that won't reveal my full face
Who are you trying to hide from?

Have you tried youth sizes? I would think once you put your goggles on, most of your face would still have the protection it needs from being injured in case of a crash because the mouth area juts out pretty far on offroad helmets. I think finding one that fits snuggly on your melon is the most important factor. But know knows, maybe I just have a big face and don't know it. ?
__________________
Who is Zora?
"That's hard to explain... Have you ever stood on the edge of an active volcano, with a tornado in it, during an earthquake? A lot like that... But with whiskey... And bunnies." -Benron
zora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #2713
LooksGoodInRed
aka TrilobiteMX
 
LooksGoodInRed's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Putnam Valley, NY
Oddometer: 131
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zora View Post
Who are you trying to hide from?

Have you tried youth sizes? I would think once you put your goggles on, most of your face would still have the protection it needs from being injured in case of a crash because the mouth area juts out pretty far on offroad helmets. I think finding one that fits snuggly on your melon is the most important factor. But know knows, maybe I just have a big face and don't know it. ?
Thanks! That is good thought The other reason I want my face to be fully covered is that when off road I ALWAYS get smacked by a tree branches, bushes etc right in a face also since I'm the slow team member (not mentally ) I ALWAYS get roosted by other inmates and guess where the dirt goes on the first place? Oh yeah - my face (mouth to be more precised ) and the third reason is that... I simply look stupid in this configuration of tiny goggles and huge opening in my helmet .
BTW all I need is exactly the look you have on your avatar pic! Pretty nice helmet you have - what is it? (brand, model -if you don't mind) maybe I could get it too, it look like nice snug fit helmet

Thanks!
__________________
'03 BMW F650GS
'08 CRF 230L
'00 GZ 250

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart
LooksGoodInRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #2714
zora
the explora
 
zora's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: WI
Oddometer: 2,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksGoodInRed View Post
BTW all I need is exactly the look you have on your avatar pic! Pretty nice helmet you have - what is it?
The one is the avatar is the Bell SC-X



I am currently using a Bell SC-R



Both of those styles have since been discontinued, but you can still find them in closeout bins on a lot of sites. Tacky color schemes, but that usually equates to greatly discounted prices which I am a sucker for.

I hear you about the branches and roosts to the face! Same situation here. Always.
__________________
Who is Zora?
"That's hard to explain... Have you ever stood on the edge of an active volcano, with a tornado in it, during an earthquake? A lot like that... But with whiskey... And bunnies." -Benron
zora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #2715
LooksGoodInRed
aka TrilobiteMX
 
LooksGoodInRed's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Putnam Valley, NY
Oddometer: 131
Laugh

THANKS FOR MILION

Quote:
Originally Posted by zora View Post
The one is the avatar is the Bell SC-X



I am currently using a Bell SC-R



Both of those styles have since been discontinued, but you can still find them in closeout bins on a lot of sites. Tacky color schemes, but that usually equates to greatly discounted prices which I am a sucker for.

I hear you about the branches and roosts to the face! Same situation here. Always.
__________________
'03 BMW F650GS
'08 CRF 230L
'00 GZ 250

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart
LooksGoodInRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014