Old 11-04-2013, 05:24 AM   #2971
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotawee View Post
Hi all
Just wanting some info please.
Does anyone have the Klim Savanna Ladies pant and are they any good re comfort and fit.
Thought they would be a better fit than the ones for the guys.

Thinking about getting some for a trip to the outback next year.

Cheers Gotawee
Hi! YES! I just got them and absolutely love them so far. I highly recommend getting them. The fit is adjustable with velcro and they are designed for women's hips and waist. They also have velcro adjustments on the calves so you can wear them in or out of your boot. I have not tried to wear them IN my boot yet.

Here I am with the new pants - at first I was worried about them getting dirty looking quick, but even though I ride in a lot of dirt and mud, they wash up great.

I'll keep you informed as I wear them more.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:14 AM   #2972
Kimi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Klim pants

gotawee - I bought mine through Dirtworx Australia, Steve was very helpful over the phone with my sizing and cheaper than advmoto.... but neither has the Savanna womens pants on their web site...... no wonder I couldn't find them to buy ....grrrr....

let me know if you find a Aus distributor or maybe order from OS.

Like you there are no places here in SA to go and try a pair on but the sizing is pretty accurate. by the way the length ( you can pick long or standard) is excellent, I picked standard and tis just right....
Kimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:42 AM   #2973
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Yeah... Finding a place to try stuff on is very tough, even in the U.S. but Klim has great customer service. You could order and return them if necessary, even though that's always a bit of a pain and shipping to Aus is probably not cheap. Why don't you get on the Klim website and order them direct plus maybe call them to find a distributor or if they would help you with shipping costs if you need to return them? They're a good company. I'd be surprised if they don't help you out in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi View Post
gotawee - I bought mine through Dirtworx Australia, Steve was very helpful over the phone with my sizing and cheaper than advmoto.... but neither has the Savanna womens pants on their web site...... no wonder I couldn't find them to buy ....grrrr....

let me know if you find a Aus distributor or maybe order from OS.

Like you there are no places here in SA to go and try a pair on but the sizing is pretty accurate. by the way the length ( you can pick long or standard) is excellent, I picked standard and tis just right....
Old 11-06-2013, 01:58 AM   #2974
Gotawee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Thanks for your replies.
I know advmoto can get them in even though they don't stock them.
So I will contact them again and dirtworx as well and see who can help me the most in regards to price and service.
Will keep you posted.
Kimi and tuffstuff what is your inseem and size if you don't mind me asking in regards to length long or standard.

Cheers Gotawee

2003 Suzuki GS500 - "Suzie"- Traded In
Gotawee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #2975
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,145
Little clothing rant....

When I shop for bike clothes and I look specifically at women's you get responses like:

200 choices men
4 choices women

Another good reason we need more women riding!

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #2976
Kimi
Adventurer

pic of me in Dakar (pants) ha !

heres a pic of me in the mens Dakar pants, I spent ages looking at pants and never even found the Savannas, they must be relatively new ?

I actually emailed Klim about the lack of womens wear, they must be listening ?

[IMG][/IMG]

this is in the Flinders Ranges at a place called Buneryoo Gorge, my first "road trip" with my hubby ..... just loved it
Old 11-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #2977
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Great pic! And yes, the Savannas are new to Klim this year. I hear they are getting a lot of feedback from women to open a larger line of women's gear. I like the Savannas a lot but am looking forward to more variety from them. Spread the word because if they sell well, they'll increase the variety for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi View Post
heres a pic of me in the mens Dakar pants, I spent ages looking at pants and never even found the Savannas, they must be relatively new ?

I actually emailed Klim about the lack of womens wear, they must be listening ?

this is in the Flinders Ranges at a place called Buneryoo Gorge, my first "road trip" with my hubby ..... just loved it
Old 11-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #2978
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

You won't believe it but I really don't know my inseem. I am 5' 6", 130 lbs and pretty proportionate. I have the size Small pants and they fit almost perfect. I would like them maybe 1/2" longer but they probably fit the way they are designed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotawee View Post
Thanks for your replies.
I know advmoto can get them in even though they don't stock them.
So I will contact them again and dirtworx as well and see who can help me the most in regards to price and service.
Will keep you posted.
Kimi and tuffstuff what is your inseem and size if you don't mind me asking in regards to length long or standard.

Cheers Gotawee
Old 11-07-2013, 04:20 AM   #2979
Gotawee
Adventurer

Thanks again for the replies
Have contacted adventuremoto and they can order them in but would be easier if you can get your sizing correct, easier said than done if you cant try any on.
Steve at Dirtworx is getting back to me as well he may have some in stock he is going to check if not he can get them in.

Will keep you posted on which way I decide to go.

Kimi I hope to get to the Flinders one day looks like some good riding through there glad you enjoyed it.
Have you got the road trip bug now
I get back from one and start planning another, just never enough holidays to do everything.

Cheers Gotawee

Old 11-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #2980
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,145
Another clothing rant:

The women's gear I have found has interesting sizing:

XL = size 12 or so

yeah, I'm fluffy....

I have the men's Klim Mojaves and the Dakars. Been happy, because there is velcro straps at the waist the fit isn't bad.

Men's pants on revzilla - 248
Women's pants on revzilla - 27

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #2981
Gotawee
Adventurer

Hi all
FYI
Steve from Dirtworx got back to me and had none in stock.
He recommended going through Janice at Adventuremoto.

Yeah women's sizing and pricing is interesting.

Found out a mate has the latitude I think so will try them on this weekend and see what they are like.

Cheers Gotawee

Old 11-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #2982
Kimi
Adventurer

sizes for womens gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bike View Post
Another clothing rant:

The women's gear I have found has interesting sizing:

XL = size 12 or so

yeah, I'm fluffy....

I have the men's Klim Mojaves and the Dakars. Been happy, because there is velcro straps at the waist the fit isn't bad.

Men's pants on revzilla - 248
Women's pants on revzilla - 27
Oooh dont get me started...... grrr.
I had a look at the Klim site for the savanna pants and then tried to work out what size - apart from the fact we use metric centimetres and some sites use inches and there is no "conversion" button which means you sit with your measurements and a calculator and ......

then i looked at the Mens Dakar pants sizes and they bear no relationship to the womens sizing...... WTF ?
And it looks like they dont make savanna in barge arse size for me anyway....
I just go with Mens gear for now.

Just as a note, when looking at the womens savanna they dont seem to have the cloth stretchy panel inserts in the knee and groin area, like the Dakars do, they have the nice long leg zips but those cloth stretchy bits are great for cooling effect too.

As for the riding bug, Gotawee, I have it pretty bad, had the bike for 18 months now (last few bikes were over 25 years ago when i toured tassie by myself) kids all grown up which is good and they dont seem to want to move out so I may go instead
I had an off a few weeks ago and that shook me a bit, nothing serious, just a few stitches, but it rattled the confidence a little.

I have been trying to get fit, swim 2 x week, yoga and walking etc.... for the grand adventure or two, I have a great mate in Alaska who I am desperate to go and see and do some riding in the states..... nearly got enough saved but really want to do an "off road" style course which are NEVER run in SA due to ??? no ground, no-one to come over ..... so will have to venture to Vic to do one in the new year.
good luck with the search for pants
Old 11-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #2983
Gotawee
Adventurer

Hey Kimi
I tried my mates overland's on today and they fit well, so I probably won't bother with the trouble of getting the women's and get the men's.
Not sure what model though.

Sorry to hear about your off glad your ok.
Wow would love to ride Alaska hope you get there.

I toured Tassie solo 6 months after I got my licence then went back in March this year for a month it's motorbike heaven.

Cheers Gotawee

Old 11-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #2984
Chattygirl
Gravity works

Oddometer: 5
Wink

I have just ordered the Savanna pants from the Klim site today. I am 5'8 and weigh 165 on a good day. I ordered a size 10 regular so we will see. I did notice that they carry up to a 2XL and even offer Tall. I will let you know how they work!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #2985
Gotawee
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chattygirl View Post
I have just ordered the Savanna pants from the Klim site today. I am 5'8 and weigh 165 on a good day. I ordered a size 10 regular so we will see. I did notice that they carry up to a 2XL and even offer Tall. I will let you know how they work!
Look forward to your review, could you post some pics when you have them please.

Cheers Gotawee