Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2008, 06:16 AM   #1456
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 27,163
Welcome Kath

I agree NEVER be embarrassed...
It's good to have been on a bunch of different motos...
Stepping stones are a good thing....

That's how you find what ya like..

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:59 AM   #1457
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,568
Hi Gals,

This thread got active while I was gone this last week. I love seeing all the posts and the new gals joining the thread. It's nice more and more women are out there riding.

Avocado Sandwich (that's a cute name) I just returned from a one week, almost 2000 mile tour on my DR200SE I sure do enjoy the heck out of that bike. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. I'll be starting a ride report in a few day and will post the link here too.

If you have any questions about your DR200SE there is a DR200 thread here: DR200 If you haven't found it yet you might want to check it out. I discovered there aren't a lot of accessories available for the DR200 it seems to be considered a starter bike rather than a bike that people might want to really get out and ride. It does have it's limitations on the open road but I have one heck of a great time with my bike.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #1458
avocado_sandwich
herbivorousmotogirl

Oddometer: 308
Dr200

Hi Ladybug! I'm impressed that you did a 2000 mile trip on a DR200! I'm working up to taking a long trip. Yes, I've been reading the DR200 thread--it's been extremely helpful! Its hard to find accessories for the DR200. So far, I've put a Walmart ATV seat cover on, and my husband made me some small tank panniers and a tank bag from some toiletry cases. I have a cooler on the back, and some nicer rubber grips. I'm getting a Slipstreamer windshield soon, so I'll be ready for the colder weather!

I really do love this little bike. It does everything I need to do. Maybe someday I'll want a bigger bike, but for now, it's just about perfect!
avocado_sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:03 PM   #1459
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado_sandwich
Hi Ladybug! I'm impressed that you did a 2000 mile trip on a DR200! I'm working up to taking a long trip. Yes, I've been reading the DR200 thread--it's been extremely helpful! Its hard to find accessories for the DR200. So far, I've put a Walmart ATV seat cover on, and my husband made me some small tank panniers and a tank bag from some toiletry cases. I have a cooler on the back, and some nicer rubber grips. I'm getting a Slipstreamer windshield soon, so I'll be ready for the colder weather!

I really do love this little bike. It does everything I need to do. Maybe someday I'll want a bigger bike, but for now, it's just about perfect!
Yep, working up to it is the way to go. I've been riding for a few years so I'm used to long miles in the saddle but it does take a while for a newer rider to get that saddle toughness built up. The most important thing is to enjoy your riding, whether it be 2 miles or 2000, what ever makes you smile is what it's all about.

Here's the Superbug all packed up during that 2000 mile ride. I'm packed heavy but also packed with all my camping gear.

I was disappointed with how few accessories are made for the DR200 but I was able to figure it out with a lot of help from a few friends (oldtimer did a ton of work on the bike installing all the goodies and Loud Al provided me with a lot of good suggestions and websites). Klay who is a regular on the DR200 thread is also a great resource.

The tank panniers I have on it are ATV tank pannier and they work great. The sidebags and tailbag are from Nelson-Rigg and designed for street bikes. I have side racks on it from Happy Trails, they are a tad spendy but they are made for a DR200 and keeps the side bags where they belong and are worth it to me. Happy Trails also makes a tail rack but I got mine from a place called cycleracks.com. It was designed for a DR200 although it's a bit wider than I would prefer but it works. There is a small magnetic tank bag on it and the bag on the seat is a cheap Walmart duffle that works well.

When I got my DR200 I had it set up for long miles even though a few people thought I had lost my mind especially since I already own 2 F650s that are set up with everything people couldn't understand why I would do this with a 200. I have the Superbug set up with heated grips, wired for an electric jacket liner, 2 power outlets (one for the GPS the other to charge my phone or whatever) I have a voltmeter so I can monitor how much power I'm drawing so I can turn things off before I kill the battery. A headlight cut off switch was also added so the headlight can be turned off while starting the bike (to use less power) I had the seat cut down and a gel pad added, aluminum bars and gel grips added for less vibration.

I enjoy the Superbug so much I have ridden it 7000 miles since March, ah yes that DR200 is a hit with me!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:42 PM   #1460
GSjoyride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
yup

add another one to your tabulations.....
GSjoyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #1461
HokieDNA01
Dirty Sport Girl!

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
Yep, working up to it is the way to go. I've been riding for a few years so I'm used to long miles in the saddle but it does take a while for a newer rider to get that saddle toughness built up. The most important thing is to enjoy your riding, whether it be 2 miles or 2000, what ever makes you smile is what it's all about.

Here's the Superbug all packed up during that 2000 mile ride. I'm packed heavy but also packed with all my camping gear.

I was disappointed with how few accessories are made for the DR200 but I was able to figure it out with a lot of help from a few friends (oldtimer did a ton of work on the bike installing all the goodies and Loud Al provided me with a lot of good suggestions and websites). Klay who is a regular on the DR200 thread is also a great resource.

The tank panniers I have on it are ATV tank pannier and they work great. The sidebags and tailbag are from Nelson-Rigg and designed for street bikes. I have side racks on it from Happy Trails, they are a tad spendy but they are made for a DR200 and keeps the side bags where they belong and are worth it to me. Happy Trails also makes a tail rack but I got mine from a place called cycleracks.com. It was designed for a DR200 although it's a bit wider than I would prefer but it works. There is a small magnetic tank bag on it and the bag on the seat is a cheap Walmart duffle that works well.

When I got my DR200 I had it set up for long miles even though a few people thought I had lost my mind especially since I already own 2 F650s that are set up with everything people couldn't understand why I would do this with a 200. I have the Superbug set up with heated grips, wired for an electric jacket liner, 2 power outlets (one for the GPS the other to charge my phone or whatever) I have a voltmeter so I can monitor how much power I'm drawing so I can turn things off before I kill the battery. A headlight cut off switch was also added so the headlight can be turned off while starting the bike (to use less power) I had the seat cut down and a gel pad added, aluminum bars and gel grips added for less vibration.

I enjoy the Superbug so much I have ridden it 7000 miles since March, ah yes that DR200 is a hit with me!
Great report on your luggage. I have an XT225 and so far have shyed away from putting a lot of on road milage on her although I would like that to change. My boyfriend has quite a bit of street experience on sportbike as do I so both of us worry about the grip of the tires on pavement if you had to do an emergency manuaver. I dont want to ride with total street tires so I can go off road as I please but worry that knobbies just wont give me the grip i need (since I'm used to VERY sticky tires) Any suggestions on tires would be very appreciated.

Fast and Dirty Toys Aren't Just For Boys!!
Myspace

2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250
2000 Yamaha XT225
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:58 AM   #1462
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01
Great report on your luggage. I have an XT225 and so far have shyed away from putting a lot of on road milage on her although I would like that to change. My boyfriend has quite a bit of street experience on sportbike as do I so both of us worry about the grip of the tires on pavement if you had to do an emergency manuaver. I dont want to ride with total street tires so I can go off road as I please but worry that knobbies just wont give me the grip i need (since I'm used to VERY sticky tires) Any suggestions on tires would be very appreciated.
Doing dual sport riding there are always trade offs. I have DOT approved "street" knobbies on my DR200. I had a more street type of tire on the bike but only took it on a couple ride before I decided they were not the way to go. They were fine on ashalt but horrible on the dirt. Knobbies won't give you the grip you are used to with the sticky sportbike tires and if you go with knobbies you will need to ride accordingly.

Truthfully I don't have any good suggestions on tires as I'm still working through trying to figure out what the best tire is for my DR200 with what I like to do with it.

Good luck in finding tires that you like for your bike.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:01 AM   #1463
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Over the weekend I started my ride report from my latest adventure. The report is here: Itty-Bitty_Bike_Tour. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:54 AM   #1464
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Great report
Thanks for sharing...
Horay for Otis !!! ADV kitty !!!!
He's a cutie !!!

Old 10-06-2008, 12:16 PM   #1465
Extreme Velcro
Vegan Junk Food Addict

Oddometer: 8,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDraco
Great report
Thanks for sharing...
He's a cutie !!!

Kitty cool, I so love kitties. Must be why I have 16 of them.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #1466
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDraco
Great report
Thanks for sharing...
He's a cutie !!!
Otis is a great cat and jumps on the seat of a motorcycle any chance he gets. I also have Wilbur a big fluffy orange cat, he doesn't jump on the bikes as much but does every once in a while. Both Otis and Wilbur know the sound of my bikes and my pickup and come running when they here any of them. It sure seems funny to be chased up the driveway on my bike by two silly cats. Pets are fun and lots of company.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:40 PM   #1467
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Yes little furry kids are great company...
Anything that can make me laugh is alright in my book...

Old 10-07-2008, 06:24 AM   #1468
PrairieRider
Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer: 3,879
My sweetie girl

Here's my favorite four-legged furry friend. She keeps my spirits up and sits close to me when they're not.

PrairieRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #1469
Kath
2wheelmom

Oddometer: 322
Awww...what a sweet face!!!

Maryland Tag O Rama Thread/MD TOR Map

"The destination is simply an excuse for the ride." ~XC Rider
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #1470
PrairieRider
Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer: 3,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Awww...what a sweet face!!!
She says, "Thanks, I know!" That's a corgi for you.

So, ladies...I got a new (to me) ride...am so excited! Got all jazzed about this bike after doing this ride on an earlier model. Feel free to have a good laugh at my expense...I can take it!
PrairieRider is online now   Reply With Quote