Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #16
Tiz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 622
Go here for EPM:

http://epmperf.com/hyperpro-motorcycle-shocks.htm

Not related to them. Just a happy customer.

--Kevin
ex-2001 XR400
ex-2002KLR650
Tiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #17
Undermoose
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Thumb +1

I also ordered from epmperf.com.

I've been using the Hyperpro since June this year on my 2012 GS.

I had a Scotts on my Triumph Street Triple which I sold along with the bike. Had I found the Gorzilla mount maybe I'd have kept it, but I like the uncluttered install of the Hyperpro. I also found I never adjusted the Scotts much, it was set and forget, so location wasn't much of a factor going with the Hyperpro mounted out of reach on my GS. If I was doing a lot of off road riding maybe I'd think twice about the location.

The Hyperpro got rid of the squirley front end. Love it.

If I was to choose between the RM style mount and the Scotts with that Gorzilla mount, it would be the Scotts all the way. The RM and GPR mount under bar risers, and from what I've read, interact with the stearing stem , however I'd get Scotts Performance feedback on that mount first. There's got to be a reason Scotts isn't making a mount kit themselves for the R1200GS, I'd want their blessing. Just my 2 cents on the topic...

Undermoose screwed with this post 11-15-2012 at 09:11 PM
Undermoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #18
El Gato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undermoose View Post
(snip) however I'd get Scotts Performance feedback on that mount first. There's got to be a reason Scotts isn't making a mount kit themselves for the R1200GS, I'd want their blessing. Just my 2 cents on the topic...
I spoke to Scotts about a mount for the GS before I ordered the GoriilaZilla mount. They claimed that their mount was still "in development". They were aware of the GorillaZilla mount and had no issue with it. They even helped me select the correct arm for the Scotts damper to work with the GorillaZilla mount kit (before I realized the GorillaZilla mount came with its own arm for the damper).
Old 11-16-2012, 02:30 AM   #19
Undermoose
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Good deal!

Now I regret letting my Scott's Damper go with my Triumph just because the thing is expensive and it's a fantastic damper.

Having used both, I'm happy with both, can't go wrong with Scott's or the Hyperpro. I'd be wary of the type that interact with the stearing stem though, but I'm sure if properly mounted they are good too and have some advantages such as a very clean looking top mount install.
Undermoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #20
brainfreeze
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
+1 +1 +!1 I have the hyperpro. Love it. Easy to install.

I wrote this on another forum months ago...

I have a 2012 1200gsa. Two of the most important additions I put on the bike are the Hyperpro Steering damper and an Aeroflow touring windshield with Saeng edging across the top. Here is my review on the Hyper pro steering damper.

I started using steering dampers years ago. This is for safety and they make the bike much more stable. They improve riding comfort and control. I got my 1200GSA and was pretty pleased with the stability except for on the highway in traffic. On the highway, especially behind trucks, turbulence was moving the bars back and forth. I ride relaxed btw.

Ordered the hydro pro from EPM Performance. Call them and they will help you get the right setup. 877-786-6543. Cost $503 delivered.

You will receive a damper and a bracket kit for your bike. The first bracket kit I got, the heim joint ball was frozen. EPM sent me another one, no problem.
The install is very easy. Took about 30 minutes.

The damper basically does nothing until you need it. It has 22 click settings for soft damping to harder damping. 1 being the lowest. I set mine on about 8 clicks. Have not changed it since.

Result- The bike is not bothered or effected by truck turbulence. It feels the same as it does by yourself on a country road. It just feels more controlled and stable overall. You feel the beating on your shoulders, but the bike could care less. Gravel road riding is much more controlled now. You also get the safety from not getting tank slappers.

This addition took a great bike and made it much better. I would definitely buy it again.
brainfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:16 AM   #21
DDT Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
+1 +1 +!1 I have the hyperpro. Love it. Easy to install.

I wrote this on another forum months ago...

I have a 2012 1200gsa. Two of the most important additions I put on the bike are the Hyperpro Steering damper and an Aeroflow touring windshield with Saeng edging across the top. Here is my review on the Hyper pro steering damper.

I started using steering dampers years ago. This is for safety and they make the bike much more stable. They improve riding comfort and control. I got my 1200GSA and was pretty pleased with the stability except for on the highway in traffic. On the highway, especially behind trucks, turbulence was moving the bars back and forth. I ride relaxed btw.

Ordered the hydro pro from EPM Performance. Call them and they will help you get the right setup. 877-786-6543. Cost $503 delivered.

You will receive a damper and a bracket kit for your bike. The first bracket kit I got, the heim joint ball was frozen. EPM sent me another one, no problem.
The install is very easy. Took about 30 minutes.

The damper basically does nothing until you need it. It has 22 click settings for soft damping to harder damping. 1 being the lowest. I set mine on about 8 clicks. Have not changed it since.

Result- The bike is not bothered or effected by truck turbulence. It feels the same as it does by yourself on a country road. It just feels more controlled and stable overall. You feel the beating on your shoulders, but the bike could care less. Gravel road riding is much more controlled now. You also get the safety from not getting tank slappers.

This addition took a great bike and made it much better. I would definitely buy it again.
How is it at parking lot speeds...?
DDT Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #22
brainfreeze
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Parking lot no issue.
brainfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #23
space
a.k.a. Jake

Oddometer: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDT Rider View Post
How is it at parking lot speeds...?

Not sure I understand the parking lot speeds question. A stabilizer shouldn't have any effect if you're going that slowly ....

(I have a Scott's on my HP2. Happy with it.)
space is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #24
DDT Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by space View Post

Not sure I understand the parking lot speeds question. A stabilizer shouldn't have any effect if you're going that slowly ....

(I have a Scott's on my HP2. Happy with it.)
In the threads I've read, some folks have mentioned difficulties...especially in the cold. I think that was the unit that mounts on the steering head...
DDT Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #25
space
a.k.a. Jake

Oddometer: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDT Rider View Post
In the threads I've read, some folks have mentioned difficulties...especially in the cold. I think that was the unit that mounts on the steering head...
Hm, nothing I've encountered. Then again, I live in southern California, so I can't comment on cold performance.
space is online now   Reply With Quote