ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #46
Matchbox
Adventurer

Oddometer: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 View Post
update, every last bit of peanut butter was gone, no dead mice, big deer hanging around the mailbox when I got there tonight.
Time to make a bigger Bucket. Venison w/ peanut butter sauce?
Old 10-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #47
V8

Oddometer: 9,244
V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:45 AM   #48
viverrid OP
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Trader Joe's (made by Sunland) peanut butter: kill them with salmonella!

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...lite&gt1-43001
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:56 AM   #49
AndyCap
Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
Time to make a bigger Bucket. Venison w/ peanut butter sauce?

+1 ROFL

I wondered how well that can would fair outside. Every cat, dog, deer, bear, moose in a 10 miles radius was headed to your house. Cut a hole in the bucket about 6 inches from the top, and suspend the can just below that, and put the ramp to that hole. Then put the lid on it. So it is enclosed.
ADV Pie Map
AndyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #50
Kamala
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,599
Quote:
What traps seem to be most effective?
The classic snap trap baited with Peanut Butter seems to be the most effective. Effective does not mean they will solve the problem. My GFs property (house and an garage/barn) had a serious problem and only poisoning the little bastards proved to have lasting results. I used the D-Con wedge baits and they worked very well. You do have to check them frequently and replace them when the contents is consumed. It takes a few weeks to get ahead of them but it seems that once I did they were gone for the season. Now is the time to start getting after them as the cold brings them inside. A good rule of thumb to follow is if you see 1 you more than likely have 10. If you delay killing them they will double in number every month.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #51
Hobbomock
Freewheelin'

Oddometer: 765
why don't you pick on somebody your own size?

Hobbomock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #52
Robert OK
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamala View Post
The classic snap trap baited with Peanut Butter seems to be the most effective. Effective does not mean they will solve the problem. My GFs property (house and an garage/barn) had a serious problem and only poisoning the little bastards proved to have lasting results. I used the D-Con wedge baits and they worked very well. You do have to check them frequently and replace them when the contents is consumed. It takes a few weeks to get ahead of them but it seems that once I did they were gone for the season. Now is the time to start getting after them as the cold brings them inside. A good rule of thumb to follow is if you see 1 you more than likely have 10. If you delay killing them they will double in number every month.
But if you poison them don't they go off and die inside some wall or obscure place to stink up your house?
Robert OK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #53
MeRide
Me like bikes!

Oddometer: 1,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert OK View Post
But if you poison them don't they go off and die inside some wall or obscure place to stink up your house?
No. If the poison bait stations are outside of your home you will find them feet from the stations......outside. They don't go inside. Common misconception. There are far more that go inside when using traps. One person can't ever get ahead of a mouse situation using traps. This is simple math after looking at their reproduction cycles. One female time how many litters of how many offspring per year = LOTS. Enjoy yourselves.

Fall ride on a 1935 motorsickle
MeRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #54
Kamala
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert OK View Post
Not in my experience with the modern bait traps. In theory they go in search of water outside of the baited area and die there.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #55
EMTNEK
Crash Test Dummy

Oddometer: 32
My '68 Mustang got a lot of them in the years it was stored in a garage. Nasty. I put bait out, but not often enough. Like the buckets with the small bags of poison I get at Tractor Supply. When I was getting ready to put the car back on the road I went through a a bucket and a half before the absorption rate declined. Only found a few carcasses in the garage and car. They find elsewhere to go die. I used a few bags to thin the chipmunk herd around the house as well. I left the tupperware type bucket on my porch sealed up and something overnight, I am guessing a skunk, chewed into it to get the goods. It was impressive. A racoon would have gotten it all. The mice did not do the car any good but I needed new carpet anyway. The bike, is a different thing altogether. Mothballs and bait.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #56
Tosh Togo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,594
Quote:
What traps seem to be most effective?
Anything that's covered with fur or feathers that thinks of small rodents as dinner, or toys.

Especially if it pisses off a well-known wanking douchebaggy twatwaffling mob called PETA.

Tosh Togo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #57
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer: 1,488
PETA...

An organization with the opportunity to do so much good but instead they are so out of touch and so extreme, that all they do is piss people off or just make them laugh. Just a bunch of ...
"There's a very fine line dividing bravery from stupidity..."
2009 F650GS
NHBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #58
Cromoth
Inspection due 5_31

Oddometer: 570
and counting

so far got 6 & 1 dumb enuf to fall on the hot water heater. Looked like a pygmy when I found it. Does that mean I've got 63 to go?
Snap traps with peanut butter or without. Wish I could get some live & make friends with the hawks in the backyard. Great vid BTW!
Cromoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #59
viverrid OP
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
I have not spotted any for quite a while. Now I probably jinxed myself.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #60
Drewha
Thunderbirds Are Go

Oddometer: 559
So I'm getting ready to tuck the Ducati away for the winter and decide to check the airbox, which I last did a couple weeks ago. DOH! I hate meeces to pieces!