Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 03:39 AM   #136
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Oddometer: 3,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckjackson1 View Post
So this will be my first Scrapheap ADV, now have a bit of cash flowing in for Down Syndrome NSW ...

So who is leaving from where??????

Who are taking their families???, saw some posts from.ast year with families around.

I think a couple of the local lads who said they were going to come will pull the pin leaving me as one decimate and another as a maybe due to work commitments.
Wife & 6yo will be coming along as support so guess I am looking for a group of people who are leaving from near Sydney so I don't end up doing this all by myself.......
Im an old Camden boy too Cam, left in 2000 when I got me the wonderful wife

There is an e-newsletter being sent out shortly with some more information. I will repost it here!

I will email you my contact details and you can call me if you need any other info!

We have a few familes coming along, I will let them respond!

TB to the courtesy phone

You are welcome to ride up with me, might be a slow trip with the old XR460/4

Pezz_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #137
ckjackson1
High Country Red Neck

Oddometer: 144
Thanks Pezz,

All is pretty well organized from my end including the support crew, don't worry about the pace it will mean my XXXX Gold's won't froth up as much!!!

Only moved to NSW in late 2010 from Melbourne ( please don't hold that against me) Camden is a good place, just need some bike friends.......
Old 02-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #138
colm
Hopefull

Oddometer: 147
What is the smallest bike attempting the ride?

There may have to be a prize for the bike with the lowest amount of CC
colm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #139
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Well look here, our new Scrapheap promo video!!

What do you think? Share it around!!!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #140
ckjackson1
High Country Red Neck

Great Promo Video Lads

Tenere screamed to life on Saturday and i must say is a pretty bloody good thing having not had one before.

will post some pics once i get the whole Smugmug thing sorted tonight........ Finally.........
Old 02-11-2013, 01:21 AM   #141
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer: 770
and now for some news from the front

the front yard that is! After being a non-starter for SAR1, then being a partial completer for SAR2 (broken at Tibooburra) and a "crashed without finishing" for SAR3, the mighty Scare Chair is being given a rest this year. BUT, some bits and pieces are being reborn as you read this...... bring forth the mighty BEEMERNATOR!!

My trusty 1984 K100 was dragged, with temporarily defunct sidecar now unattached, into the bright light of day for the first time in nearly 12 months on Saturday. It has lain dormant since Easter Monday last year when I crashed it on the way home from SAR3. Its been upside down, on and off a couple of tow trucks, lay about in my shed....we gave it a cursory wash to chase a few spiders out so I thought I'd better see if it would start.

Enter the spare truck battery and some jumper leads, hook it up, pull on the choke, only to realise that the right hand switch block (with the starter button) has been nearly ground off and is currently hanging off the handle bar, which is bent at right angles to everything else.... Oh well, grab a screwdriver and just short the remains of the switch and see what happens, right? My son Ryan was in the shed, scratching his head over his project (which I reckon will be ready for SAR 15 ), poked his head out and said "you'll never start that thing today". Oh the cynicism of yoof.... one touch of the screwdriver and bugger me, it actually started!! And I mean, just ONE touch, the motor rolled over once and it STARTED!

Only one thing to do, blow the KLAXON!! Rev it till the valves bounce, yep, it still blows blue smoke under duress, it'll be good for another attempt at the SAR, just take a few pints of oil with me. So, the reliability of BMWs hey, how about it.

The reconstruction has now started in earnest, it looks like I'm onto a good thing with a replacement set of forks and front wheel (the current one has an Armco shaped dent in it). We visited a local scrap hoarder and secured some quality items like handlebars and a cool chrome rear guard. The BEEMERNATOR is going to be something like this: a bit big-bore trailbike in the front, classic 80's Euro-tourer in the middle, and hybrid posty-bobber in the back. Coupled with some innovative crashbar design and a bit of tractor thrown in for good measure. I hope I can find a friendly blue-slip man!

Not sure what colour to paint it, but I do have a lot of Caterpillar yellow, so availability may well win over price!

I don't think the family is coming this year Pezz, something like "if you want to try to kill yourself on that bike again, I don't want to be there to see it......." But to be fair to the Minister for Finance and Domestic Harmony, she did trudge around in Liverpool for a few days last year whilst I reclined in the Hospital there AND we're going on a 2 week road trip to Tassie the week after SAR 4, so its' all cool. My two girls are going to be furious though when I tell them.....one of them shed some tears on the weekend when I took the chair of the bike

I'll post some pics soon, register, etc and get on with the build.

Regards,

Joe & Co.
buckscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #142
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Bring it on Joe

Cant wait to see what you come up with this time!

I understand the family thingo too . . .

Old 02-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #143
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Quote:
Great Promo Video Lads

Tenere screamed to life on Saturday and i must say is a pretty bloody good thing having not had one before.

will post some pics once i get the whole Smugmug thing sorted tonight........ Finally.........
C'mon CK

We need pics !!!!!

Old 02-11-2013, 02:56 AM   #144
ckjackson1
High Country Red Neck

OK, Here it is.............(Hope this smugmug thing works properly.....)

I can confidently say that i have overdone it with the polish, new Graphics and Tyre Shine......... what was I thinking??

Ah well, as it is my first SAR and every rally needs a Noob to hang the proverbial on - I have my hand in the Air!! I think the mistake was far too many cold beers in the fridge of the Man Cave......

Cheers, and bring on Easter and the SAR
Old 02-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #145
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Quote:
OK, Here it is.............(Hope this smugmug thing works properly.....)

I can confidently say that i have overdone it with the polish, new Graphics and Tyre Shine......... what was I thinking??

Ah well, as it is my first SAR and every rally needs a Noob to hang the proverbial on - I have my hand in the Air!! I think the mistake was far too many cold beers in the fridge of the Man Cave......

Cheers, and bring on Easter and the SAR
Errrrr CK . . . . That's a bit . . . errrr . . . . pretty

We had better get it dirty

Old 02-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #146
ckjackson1
High Country Red Neck

AHH Pezz, i realise that now - I am a little fistidious when it comes to events in the Man Cave.

I have an idea though, if i swap the Lambswool for Steel Wool on the old Makita Sander / Polisher she'll fit right in!!

Can you still buy that spray on Mud that the Land / Range Rover people used to use???...........
Old 02-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #147
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

that sounds like a good start!!

OldDog was building a Tenere up and to get the nice effect he stripped the tank, sanded it clean, then sprayed salt water on the bare metal

Old 02-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #148
ckjackson1
High Country Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezz_gs View Post
that sounds like a good start!!

OldDog was building a Tenere up and to get the nice effect he stripped the tank, sanded it clean, then sprayed salt water on the bare metal

Thats what mone looked like before i got carried away................................ :P

I could possibly have a crack at the late 70's Yamaha Ag bike sitting out the back and not get so carried away this time. mmmmmm another sleepless month in the Man Cave, that is sure to upset the Department of Treasury & Fun (Wife)
Old 02-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #149
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Watch this one and share it around!!

Old 02-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #150
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

The Old Bull Riders team is getting serious

Here is Boony's old XR500, nearly ready for the bike trip

What a great reason to get off my arse and dig in and give a hand. I do not personally know anyone who has Down syndrone nor do I know of anyone who has a sibling that has it, But hell if I can do something to try to make a difference then I`m there.I am not known as one that is shy to get in and help raise some coin.My contribution for this fundraiser and awerness ride is to get on a bike and ride it to the back of Bourke and back and get sponsorship for doing it.Sounds easy hey!!. Well I`m going on a 1984 XR500 kindly prepared for the trip by a local ledgend and a bloody good mate Damus.We are ready to take the pig in for a blue slip and then see where we go from there, all the bibs and bobs work so it shouldnt take much for a rego plate.

I have joined the OBT scrapheap challenge team as well. So if you cant do the ride , dig deep into them pockets and make a donation to our team and lets get the numbers ticking over.I will be hitting up the local riders for donations , so lets go peeps. People need the old bulls spirit !!!! DIG DEEP