Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 12:58 AM   #151
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,436
My my thats a pretty Tenere CR! All that shiney paint and alloy will get dirty pretty quick though never fear

Joe, I'm lovin the sound of what yer doing mate. I have a fair bit of excess components in the shed, if theres anything I can help you with to get old Frankenstein rolling just yell out!

It looks like I'm back to the XR600 again as the KTM has proved too difficult to get parts for at this late stage. It's fuure is unclear at this stage, possible a shed ornamant? Possibly i'll sell it and get comfy with my XR's. I now have enough parts to build three whole bikes so why not?

OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:28 AM   #152
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer: 849
Thanks

Hi Bill,

pity about the KTM, was looking forward to the smell of 2-stroke in the morning..... Thanks for the offer of bits, I'll have a spares donor home this weekend, so will know just what I need, but I don't think I'll need too much, apart from a posty bike rack, so if you or anyone else reading this has one, please let me know. I've managed to score a KLX650 at the right price so now have a complete traily front end with a sexy set of USD forks for the front end, won't know what to do about springs, etc until I get it fitted up, but it can't be too hard to get right, right? Have bought a braided line and late model caliper with sintered sports compund pads from Gumtree so hopefully it will stop OK!

Regards,

Joe & Co.
buckscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:43 AM   #153
ckjackson1
High Country Red Neck

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
My my thats a pretty Tenere CR! All that shiney paint and alloy will get dirty pretty quick though never fear

Joe, I'm lovin the sound of what yer doing mate. I have a fair bit of excess components in the shed, if theres anything I can help you with to get old Frankenstein rolling just yell out!

It looks like I'm back to the XR600 again as the KTM has proved too difficult to get parts for at this late stage. It's fuure is unclear at this stage, possible a shed ornamant? Possibly i'll sell it and get comfy with my XR's. I now have enough parts to build three whole bikes so why not?

Yes my Mrs did ask on several occasions what i spend all the time in the shed doing......... Polishing my Knob she suggested...........

She was so relieved when she saw the shiny Tenere!!! With the condition it is now in most would wrap it up or put on display - not me!!! shes about to get Dirty
Old 02-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #154
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Oddometer: 3,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckjackson1 View Post
Yes my Mrs did ask on several occasions what i spend all the time in the shed doing.........

She was so relieved when she saw the shiny Tenere!!! With the condition it is now in most would wrap it up or put on display - not me!!! shes about to get Dirty
So where are the pics of the Yamaha Ag Bike????

Pezz_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #155
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Bringing sexy back

Howdy chaps, Well I'm done. Team OldDog has it's entry ready and I must say what a sexy machine it is too.

I picked up an old Ballards 630 kitted bike on Saturday morning, the motor is blown (the old choke butterfly in the engine trick) however it's a good little donor bike for all those little bits and pieces i needed.
Couldn't get the 600 to fire despite having more spark than an electric chair and great compression, fuel etc. Thought it was wrong ignition timing but after a coupla hours of ginning around discovered it was the f%$#ing pick up inside the engine that was stuffedAnyway, was able to rig up some fuel and get it running last night and give Pezz the customery "IT"S ALIIIIIIVE!" message.....hows yer ears Pezz?
Spent last night nailing it together, rebuilding the forks and swing arm pivots and just finished the electrics this morning. Havn't test rode it yet, but i suspect the carb will need some jetting to suit the exhaust. Oh and picked up a really cheap Acerbis tank from ebay, and bonus it doesn't leak!

So thats it, after much stuffing about, i'm now ready to go.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #156
colm
Hopefull

Oddometer: 159
Bill

Could have saved you a lot of heartache and sold you my 96 model TT600 Yamaha that I picked up yesterday.
colm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:18 AM   #157
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Quote:
Originally Posted by colm View Post
Could have saved you a lot of heartache and sold you my 96 model TT600 Yamaha that I picked up yesterday.
Thanks Col! Honestly though I have that much XR stuff laying about the TT would've felt like an orphan

So whats the story with the TT, pick it up for under a grand?
Old 02-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #158
colm
Hopefull

$999.90 on special. Had to pay a bit more to get the tyres, tanks etc.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #159
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer: 849
hi-ho, hi-ho.......

its off to the machinst I go this morning for a replacement steering stem...... got a donor bike for a complete front end but as it's off a slightly different style of bike, it requires a bit of minor work to make it fit. The rear end of my bike is now converted back from VW to BMW so I guess thats pretty good progress. I reckon I'll be able to ride this thing next weekend which is more lead time than I've ever had!

The XR looks great Bill, still gonna share tht trailer with Pezz?
buckscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #160
Rockman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Ready to roll!

Mine's ready to go except for rego. On the road under a grand.

Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #161
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Quote:
Howdy chaps, Well I'm done. Team OldDog has it's entry ready and I must say what a sexy machine it is too.

Gee William

Thats a pretty little Honda you have there!!!!

You certainly like a challenge dont you???

Well dont buddy, but I will miss the two stroke haze

One year we will have to take 2 strokes on mineral oil

Old 02-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #162
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckscreek View Post

Oi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I resemble that remark

Old 02-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #163
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckscreek View Post
You're right Pezz, that's probably the cheapest of cheap shots I've seen here since....well since tREV posted something.....

The gloves are off Joe!

While I have your attention everyone, are there ant Scrappers planning on being in the Mudgee area on the wednesday prior to Easter? I'm going to throw together a bit of a BBQ on the wednesday night and brekky on Thursday morning before kick off. Let me know if yer gonna be around this way and I'll PM you the address.

Cheers
Old 02-18-2013, 01:21 AM   #164
colm
Hopefull

Why don't you put the address on here so I can invite everyone.

Col
Old 02-18-2013, 02:17 AM   #165
ckjackson1
High Country Red Neck

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
You're right Pezz, that's probably the cheapest of cheap shots I've seen here since....well since tREV posted something.....

The gloves are off Joe!

While I have your attention everyone, are there ant Scrappers planning on being in the Mudgee area on the wednesday prior to Easter? I'm going to throw together a bit of a BBQ on the wednesday night and brekky on Thursday morning before kick off. Let me know if yer gonna be around this way and I'll PM you the address.

Cheers
Love your work OldDOG - Jackson's are in X 3.