is watching this thread as a gh0st rider

Hey Luushen

Reckon I found a secret snap of the Postie Mafia's 2014 prototype

Pezz_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:58 AM   #257
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer: 868
A spy photo of the test mule Pezz? High performance underwater two-stroke by the look of the snorkel......

The BEEMERNATOR is now rolling on it's own two wheels, finally have all the front end sorted and I think I worked out the sidestand tonight, some un-assembly, cut/shut fabrication and re-assembly required to complete that bit. Now just waiting on a few bits from fellow inmates (generously provided at or below cost ) ..... super motard front guard, KTM Brembo front brake, postie rack and speedo drive and we're good to go . Gotta get my offsider back out of my mates bike building shop and into mine for a day this weekend. He's training as a fitter and I've got stuff to fit!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:32 AM   #258
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 707
Hmm I bought a klx650a for $800 n I'm wondering if I could permit it or something to bring it along..?
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:52 AM   #259
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

in nsw we can get an unregistered vehicle permit if the vehicle is roadworthy, maybe something similar in mexico?
Old 03-16-2013, 04:18 AM   #260
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,464
2 weeks to go!!!
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #261
yellowchops
Hates Sand

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckscreek View Post
Sounds like fun and games! I hope the custom paint job involves some Silvafrost and a 2" brush? I've got some custom paintwork to do this weekend as well, I've got a few rattle cans lying about and for some reason a choice of either Caterpillar Yellow or Komatsu Yellow. Given your username, do you want some? Which one?
In keeping with the budget restrictions to limit over capitalization I found a rattle can of gloss black on the back of a shelf and painted the frame.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5877554...in/photostream
yellowchops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #262
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Hmmmm looks like I'm gonna have some serious competition for the "prettiest bike" award..........
Old 03-17-2013, 03:50 AM   #263
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Hi yellowchops, lovely work with the spraycan, did you use horizontal or vertical strokes?? Mate, its gotta have a motor in it. not much done with mine this weekend due to a birthday bash for a 5 y.o though i do now have new front wheel bearings and a functioning front brake
Hey pezz, got your message, thanks for getting that in the post for me. Support with parts etc from other ADVers for my SAR4 attempt has been excellent!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #264
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Oddometer: 3,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowchops View Post
In keeping with the budget restrictions to limit over capitalization I found a rattle can of gloss black on the back of a shelf and painted the frame.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5877554...in/photostream
Looking good Yellowchops , and just on 10 days to go

Pezz_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:46 AM   #265
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

another bit of work in the shed tonight, and despite my earlier estimation that the forks wouldn't foul on the tank, some slight "modification" of the fuel tank was required to allow as much lock-to-lock fork movement as possible and lo, it now has a slight weep in a seam. The tank is aluminium and the leak is very slight and is right up near the top, so I'm guessing I'll get away with a really good clean up followed by some magic aluminium repair stuff, (Devcon??). Any other clues?

On another note, I reckon I'll ride it tomorrow afternoon
Old 03-18-2013, 04:15 AM   #266
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Quote:
so I'm guessing I'll get away with a really good clean up followed by some magic aluminium repair stuff, (Devcon??). Any other clues?

On another note, I reckon I'll ride it tomorrow afternoon
2 pak Knead it putty will work too mate.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:20 AM   #267
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Thanks Bill, that's what I figured, I'll grab some tomorrow and get it fixed. What are you travel plans for the trip up to Comeroo? We're leaving Vacy Thursday morning, first night someplace about and hour north of Narromine on a farm, then Bourke Friday night. Haven't sussed out particular roads/routes yet.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:44 AM   #268
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Joe, we're leaving Mudgee early Thursday and heading for Byrock the first night. Going to head over via Gulargambone - Quambone - Macquarie Marshes etc. Heading for Comeroo friday via Bourke......that's the plan anyway
Old 03-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #269
yellowchops
Hates Sand

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Hi yellowchops, lovely work with the spraycan, did you use horizontal or vertical strokes?? Mate, its gotta have a motor in it. not much done with mine this weekend due to a birthday bash for a 5 y.o though i do now have new front wheel bearings and a functioning front brake
Hey pezz, got your message, thanks for getting that in the post for me. Support with parts etc from other ADVers for my SAR4 attempt has been excellent!

Horizontal, vertical and mad shaking, just to get the paint to come out!

I have a motor, I have three motors, one is in 286 pieces. I have the parts.
Gaskets come in a tube sometimes.

Behind schedule but still forging forward, I work best under pressure.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5877554...2361/lightbox/
yellowchops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #270
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowchops View Post

Behind schedule but still going forward, I work best under pressure.
You're not Julia Gillard are you???