Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #271
Rockman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Took the TF185 out for a run on sunday as a test ride. Got about 30km down the road towards Bundarra and it was pretty obvious it wasnt going to happen. Very slight headwind and it wouldnt hold top gear even along the flat bits . I knew it was pretty loose in the bore - the loud piston slap was a hint - but I thought I might get away with it.

All is not lost though, rang up Strangs, they can have a first oversize piston kit up overnight. Rang up Frizz at Headco in Inverell, yes he can do the rebore pronto. So pulled the barrel off before work this morning (hurrah for air cooled 2 strokes) and it'll be back together before the weekend. The TF rises again
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #272
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Oddometer: 3,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
Took the TF185 out for a run on sunday as a test ride. Got about 30km down the road towards Bundarra and it was pretty obvious it wasnt going to happen. Very slight headwind and it wouldnt hold top gear even along the flat bits . I knew it was pretty loose in the bore - the loud piston slap was a hint - but I thought I might get away with it.

All is not lost though, rang up Strangs, they can have a first oversize piston kit up overnight. Rang up Frizz at Headco in Inverell, yes he can do the rebore pronto. So pulled the barrel off before work this morning (hurrah for air cooled 2 strokes) and it'll be back together before the weekend. The TF rises again
Got to love two strokes

Im hoping for a test ride today but I have to move 3 bikes to get the 460/4 off the bike lift

Just set the GoPro up on the left engine bar

Pezz_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #273
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Rider Updates

Well its been a while, and with lots on at the Skunkworks and finalising details for our ride next week . . .

We have another sidecar coming from the Inverell area. Rusty Holton's GS1100G suzuki outfit, he build it himself. Once he puts an anchor and the rest of the safety gear onto it, he should have a reasonable fishing boat.

The Northern Rivers boys have been burning the midnight oil and getting some great progress too!!

Andrew Meddings has his trusty SR250 out and even splashed out for some a new chain and sprockets. 'I pulled the old sr out today & fired up first touch of the button. Heading for a short test ride tomorrow but should be all good. I'm looking at going for a decent ride next weekend just to be sure'

Old 03-19-2013, 01:34 AM   #274
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Old Col's a bit of a media Tart

Old 03-19-2013, 02:37 AM   #275
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,354
It's a bloody good read hey. By the way Pezz, Julies mum sent a copy of that paper down here for you for your "scrapheap collection" I'll drop it in to ya at some stage.

Just got clear of the shed, the Norton is almost complete again....and now with suspension that works!

“Yesterday afternoon I was planning to ride Dakar, this morning I was planning to throw up in my helmet” - Boris Mihailovich
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:04 AM   #276
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer: 799
Hey Rockman, well done on the shakedown run, best to find out now that the little suzi is a bit too rattly in the barrel.

I had a ride on the BEEMERNATOR this arvo, just round the paddock, the wheels go round, the brakes work, the dog reckons it's good to chase......... so now down to the final fiddly bits. Fit some plastic bits at the front, find somewhere for the ignition switch to go, fit a side stand of some description......
".....we are committed to monitoring the weather and the road conditions with all available resources available so we will be allocating all resources available to us to ensure that the weather and road conditions are monitored to provide a route that will have had all possible monitoring......." colm, mayor of Airlie Brake
buckscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:23 AM   #277
Ockrocket
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckscreek View Post

The BEEMERNATOR is now rolling on it's own two wheels, finally have all the front end sorted and I think I worked out the sidestand tonight, some un-assembly, cut/shut fabrication and re-assembly required to complete that bit. Now just waiting on a few bits from fellow inmates (generously provided at or below cost ) ..... super motard front guard, KTM Brembo front brake, postie rack and speedo drive and we're good to go . Gotta get my offsider back out of my mates bike building shop and into mine for a day this weekend. He's training as a fitter and I've got stuff to fit!
Speedo drive departed my place via post this morning Joe.

Hopefully it will fit up for you

K100, KLX650, throw in my KLR600 speedo drive, KTM, postie, sounds more like you should have called it Franken-W

At least you are keeping it in the "K" blood lines.

What is it with K100 wiring?

I sold my K100RT to a mate, then we were on a ride when a wire under the tank decided to short out and cause some mild panic.

We managed to fix it on the side of the road and continue on.

"All roads lead to now."

I love snatching kisses..... and vice versa.
Ockrocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:29 AM   #278
Ockrocket
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,107
Quote:
another bit of work in the shed tonight, and despite my earlier estimation that the forks wouldn't foul on the tank, some slight "modification" of the fuel tank was required to allow as much lock-to-lock fork movement as possible and lo, it now has a slight weep in a seam. The tank is aluminium and the leak is very slight and is right up near the top, so I'm guessing I'll get away with a really good clean up followed by some magic aluminium repair stuff, (Devcon??). Any other clues?

On another note, I reckon I'll ride it tomorrow afternoon
Two pack Araldite fixes fuel tanks [don't ask me how I know though..... ].

"All roads lead to now."

I love snatching kisses..... and vice versa.
Ockrocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:37 AM   #279
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Hi Ockrocket,

thanks for the speedo drive, as I said if it doesn't work I'll send it right back. I didn't get round to the tank fix tonight but wil keep the araldite fix in mind.

Regards,

joe
".....we are committed to monitoring the weather and the road conditions with all available resources available so we will be allocating all resources available to us to ensure that the weather and road conditions are monitored to provide a route that will have had all possible monitoring......." colm, mayor of Airlie Brake
Old 03-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #280
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Quote:
Hey Rockman, well done on the shakedown run, best to find out now that the little suzi is a bit too rattly in the barrel.

I had a ride on the BEEMERNATOR this arvo, just round the paddock, the wheels go round, the brakes work, the dog reckons it's good to chase......... so now down to the final fiddly bits. Fit some plastic bits at the front, find somewhere for the ignition switch to go, fit a side stand of some description......
Here you go Joe

Is the RHS bash plate staying on there?

Old 03-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #281
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Thanks for sticking that pic up for me Pezz. The photographer made a great job of geting the background blurry to simulate high-speed action from the BEEMERNATOR hey?

Yep,the RHS sidecar subframe has suddenly become crashbars, somewhere to mount the bashplate, the klaxon, the drink holder and highway pegs.....man's gotta have his comforts you know
Old 03-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #282
Rockman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Quote:

G'day Joe - Good work on the Beemernator. Suzuki barrel is now with Dr Frizz for some surgery, out to 2nd oversize. Blown my budget so it'll have to do at least 2 scrapheaps.
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #283
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
G'day Joe - Good work on the Beemernator. Suzuki barrel is now with Dr Frizz for some surgery, out to 2nd oversize. Blown my budget so it'll have to do at least 2 scrapheaps.
Next one might just have to be at Gascoyne Junction . . . .

Old 03-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #284
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Mark Victor coming from Bendigo

Old 03-20-2013, 04:00 AM   #285
yellowchops
Hates Sand

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowchops View Post
Horizontal, vertical and mad shaking, just to get the paint to come out!

I have a motor, I have three motors, one is in 286 pieces. I have the parts.
Gaskets come in a tube sometimes.

Behind schedule but still forging forward, I work best under pressure.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5877554...2361/lightbox/
Motor back together after cam chain tried to gnaw it's way out of the crankcase!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58775542@N05/8574724122/
yellowchops is offline   Reply With Quote