Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #16
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Oddometer: 3,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckscreek View Post
Bumpereeno.... I didn't mean to cruel the thread with my smart arse comments about Pezz and Old Dogs' previous SAR efforts, sorry boys.
Sometimes the truth can be cruel Joe

Its part of the Scrapper way of riding, lets say OldDog and I have had our fair share of interestng challenges over the years.

Just quietly, Im trying to get OldDog to take his newly acquired 1982 Penton KTM 250 two stroke, running mineral oil of course

That should bring a bit of joy to everyone

Pezz_gs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #17
Rockman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Team Inverell are definitely going ag bikes. A couple of CT125's, a CT185 Skipper and my beast, the mighty TF185. Others to come.
Phil
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #18
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,116
Quote:
so I'm looking for a few bits of Landrover Series 3 if anyone has one lying about somewhere in the Hunter area?

Joe & Co
............series 3 ???? What hienous crime do you plan to commit here? I can't wait to see this Joe! My goal is to personally get this bloody KTM too the site, if i can even manage to point in the direction of home before stuffing its remains on a trailer i'll be a happy guy :)

That said, chaps i need some help with the mighty Penton / KTM. It has some seriously broken fins on the barrel, i've been told that it can be repaired, can someone recommend a good alloy welder (i assume) to do this repair? Needs to be done ASAP so i can get the bike ready for the ride in time. Pezz did you hear anything?

Thanks!

OD
Old 10-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #19
notsoslow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
My brother in law in Albury has a Suzuki ts125 in near perfect condition. Hasn't been ridden in many years, he has been told by shmbo to get rid of it. Pm me if any scrapper want more info.
notsoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #20
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer: 693
Ct125

hey Phil,

Hows things? Now I'm in two minds as to what to do, theres a very rundown but fully serviceable CT125 living under a tree across the road from my place, I drive past it every day, but how to get it involved and yet stay true to the Scare Chair? I've committed myself to getting "back on the horse" so to speak, so I may just have to find a way........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
Team Inverell are definitely going ag bikes. A couple of CT125's, a CT185 Skipper and my beast, the mighty TF185. Others to come.
Phil

buckscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #21
L0cky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 654
Hmmm...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RED-50CC-...item337cda7a75

L0cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #22
LeglessOne
Baiter of OldDog

Oddometer: 2,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
............series 3 ???? What hienous crime do you plan to commit here? I can't wait to see this Joe! My goal is to personally get this bloody KTM too the site, if i can even manage to point in the direction of home before stuffing its remains on a trailer i'll be a happy guy :)

That said, chaps i need some help with the mighty Penton / KTM. It has some seriously broken fins on the barrel, i've been told that it can be repaired, can someone recommend a good alloy welder (i assume) to do this repair? Needs to be done ASAP so i can get the bike ready for the ride in time. Pezz did you hear anything?

Thanks!

OD
MAAAATE I see devcon and clay pottery tools in your future
Old 10-15-2012, 01:50 AM   #23
ECKS-Man
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 775
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post

Thanks!

OD
Mate of mine might be worth a call: Owen at OCM Fabrication at Wallarawang.

http://ocmfabrication.com/

Tell him his surveyor mate from Wellington sent ya!
Old 10-15-2012, 02:42 AM   #24
Turborob
Minimalist.

Oddometer: 569
If work doesn't stifle my plan, I'll be there.

There might even be a TW200 convention there!
Turborob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:48 AM   #25
Pete the Wulf
Bloody Goose

Oddometer: 27
maybe turn this
http://www.bikesales.com.au/private/...t32|1&__N=1432 604 1430 1429 1626 1428 743 678&PriceFrom=743&PriceTo=678&__Nne=15&__sid=136BC11A5CB1

into this

Old 10-15-2012, 05:02 AM   #26
Travop
Freakazoid

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0cky View Post
hahah if i didnt already have a scrapper i would take up the challenge of riding a scooter around rough terrain... id give it about 200m's of fire trails before something flicked up and hit the engine block
Old 10-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #27
Rockman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Quote:
hey Phil,

Hows things? Now I'm in two minds as to what to do, theres a very rundown but fully serviceable CT125 living under a tree across the road from my place, I drive past it every day, but how to get it involved and yet stay true to the Scare Chair? I've committed myself to getting "back on the horse" so to speak, so I may just have to find a way........
Mick's planning a very light weight chair on his CT125 so maybe you could have the best of both worlds. Nah - get the Scare Chair back on the road and get there and back this time...
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #28
micknmeld
Always in trouble

Oddometer: 66
I was originally going to ride a 1968 CT90 in the 2013 Scrapheap Adventure ride but once I found out, it was way out west next year, I decided I needed something with a bit more go about it.

This year I did the Scrapheap Adventure Ride on a 1989 NX650 and it did the job well. I picked up another busted arse one for $200, it had no spark and looks as rough as guts. This one is a later model and even has a disc brake backend.

Here it is with last years Scraper NX.

I dragged it into the shed and threw her up on the stand to see why she had no spark,

I replaced the CDI and Coil, still no spark. I found a loose connection on the pulse generator wires and low and behold, she all of a sudden had spark.

I jammed a tank on her and hooked up some fuel and she fired into life after several years of laying dormant.

A massive cloud of rusty dust blew out of the exhausts all over every thing in the shed and she ran like a beauty!

As you can see, she still needs a fair bit of work to tidy her up but I am pretty sure I have found next year’s Scrapper!

Old 10-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #29
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Oddometer: 3,601
Brilliant Mick

Dont make it too tidy

Pezz_gs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #30
mallee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Nice looking project there Mick.
Thinking of doing the rally again and since the motor is pulled down already at 10,000km can I call that a Scrapper or just a heap of ####

Mallee
mallee is offline   Reply With Quote