Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #316
Ockrocket
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckscreek View Post
Hi all,
Got the Beemernator passed for rego, got a shiny new unregistered vehicle permit for $25 we're blasting off thursday am to Bobbadah or thereabouts for thursday night, then bourke friday night, comeroo saturdy lunch. Safe trip everyone, i hope to see some of you on the road.
Regards,

Joe & co
Fantastic Joe.

I feel I have a vested interest in your trip now and have been watching this thread.

If my speedo drive worked on your bike I can even try to claim a little part of me made it to the 2013 SAR (how pathetic am I? I make me sick )

Maybe I will try to ACTUALLY make it next year, even if only on whatever bike I own at the time, I don't have a shed/workshop to build a scrapheap bike in unfortunately.

Safe travelling to all who are going, have a great time.

I will watch with envy for all the reports.

"All roads lead to now."

I love snatching kisses..... and vice versa.
Ockrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:51 AM   #317
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer: 798
Hi all, the hillbillies have made it to bourke after a greatlittle night in albert at the rabbit trap hotel last night. Travelling well, a couple of minor bike issues but having a hoot! 100km ride out to comeroo in the morning then more!! And ockrocket the speedo drive you sent didnt fit so will send it back...fogo72 saved the day, the assistance from both you guys is greatly appreciated!

Regards
Joe & co
".....we are committed to monitoring the weather and the road conditions with all available resources available so we will be allocating all resources available to us to ensure that the weather and road conditions are monitored to provide a route that will have had all possible monitoring......." colm, mayor of Airlie Brake
buckscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:07 AM   #318
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,727
Have a great weekend people
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #319
Ockrocket
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckscreek View Post
And ockrocket the speedo drive you sent didnt fit so will send it back...fogo72 saved the day, the assistance from both you guys is greatly appreciated!

Regards
Joe & co
Oh well, I tried......I will just have to be there in spirit now

Considering the drive seems to look the same as the KLE and KLR, and you said they sent you a speedo cable with the screw end on it, I thought it was a good chance to fit.

Now we know where manufacturers make their money...spare parts everything is different between the models.

Have a good time out there.

"All roads lead to now."

I love snatching kisses..... and vice versa.
Ockrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #320
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,343
There and back again

Well I'm back in Mudgee, made it the whole way on the mighty XR! It's using a bit of oil which i suspect is guides, and I melted the back knobby but otherwise its sweet. Cameron (CJ) came along for the ride and had a ball on the mighty Tenere, typically it didn't do anything "interesting" the whole way. Thursday morning we were met at Mudgee Macca's by Martin (of Pilot Air fame), Wayne, Rod, Ben and Alex. After a slow start we managed to get to Byrock Thurs evening in the pouring rain, but had a great time getting there. Alex on the KLR and new to ADV riding got plenty of different experiences like water crossings, gravel, sand, hard packed black soil and of course the treacherous tar.
We left Byrock Friday morning and headed for Bourke then on to Comeroo. Unfortunately Alex came off about 40kms North of Fords Bridge and broke a collar bone Martin and the boys packed everything up into their support vehicle and headed back to Bourke hospital. I've heard that Alex has to have surgery and had to be taken to Canberra. Obviously the boys couldn't get back to Comeroo for the festivities but I made sure that Pilot Air was not missed.....I sticker bombed most of the bikes on the day

Anyway, Not sure how much was raised but we did have a great time, Comeroo is a top spot, and we had a barrel of laughs from Moc and Col's auctioneering and Glenny's song's (the song about the veggie patch had me in stitches). I got to have my apple turnover at Morrales bakery on Sunday morning before we hammered the bikes down the tar to Dubbo last night and met up with Pezz.
This morning we came back to Mudgee via the back roads around Burrendong dam and I gotta say it was some of the sweetest riding i've done in a while too.

Anyway, there are plenty of funny and not so funny stories to be told, I'll leave those to the people who were involved

Oh and I'll post up pics when I get my act together.

OD

“Yesterday afternoon I was planning to ride Dakar, this morning I was planning to throw up in my helmet” - Boris Mihailovich
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:33 AM   #321
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

the Hillbillies

we are all home safe and well. I RODE my bike all the way there and back, a big achievement for me and the BEEMERNATOR, which handles much better than it has any right to! Great on all kinds of surfaces...... proof of concept has been achieved, it may be time to get serious with the beast!

More news, photos and stories to follow. Well done to all. And to those who DNF due to crashing, I know how it feels, my best wishes to you and yours for a full and speedy recovery!

Regards,

joe & co
".....we are committed to monitoring the weather and the road conditions with all available resources available so we will be allocating all resources available to us to ensure that the weather and road conditions are monitored to provide a route that will have had all possible monitoring......." colm, mayor of Airlie Brake
Old 04-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #322
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,343
Great to hear you guys got back ok Joe. Can only imagine what you're going to end up with if you "get serious" with that beast

“Yesterday afternoon I was planning to ride Dakar, this morning I was planning to throw up in my helmet” - Boris Mihailovich
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #323
Rockman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
And Team Inverell all arrived safely yesterday and today. Apart from Joes little problem with the TF185 (seized piston) about 10 km short of Comeroo and a few other niggles all went well and a good time was had by all

Phil
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #324
colm
Hopefull

Oddometer: 157
Team Inverell

All home safe and sound.
Ross come up with this unbelievable story that the little Suzuki 70 reached 95 km/hr on one of the hills near Inverell. No one believes him of course.
Thanks to everyone and best wishes to all the casualties.
colm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #325
ckjackson1
High Country Red Neck

Oddometer: 144
Well, what a Bloody cracking weekend!!

Thanks to Old Dog and his family for making us welcome and the ride possible for me.
Old Dog did a cracking job of the navigation to Comoroo and again on the way home - our last stintbetween Wellington and Mudgee was just the best way to end what was a great ride.

Thanks to all those I golfed in the Organisation of the event, met a heap of great people Forma ll walks of life all coming together for a great cause.
Tenere is now officially dirty, some of the tracks were an eye opener for me as ADV riding in the outback has been limited........ No wait........... Non existent. If in doubt, gas it out - holy crap is that true, saved my bacon a couple of times.

Pilot Air crew were a pleasure and a bloody shame they could not make it to the destination - wise to stick together and see Alex got fixed up after his spill.

Again, great weekend had a ball as did the Mrs and Matilda - Old Dog & Family - love your work
Old 04-02-2013, 01:35 AM   #326
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Oddometer: 3,710
Part 1

Well the 2013 Scrapheap Adventure Ride has been run, and an adventure was had by one and all!!

With groups starting from various locations including Mudgee, Inverell, Tamworths Bathurst and Wauchope.

I was on the Adventure Moto Ride. Lead be Greg Yager from the Old Bulls, with Lefty aka (Geoff Forshaw) sweeping on day one and and Mick Debreceny and Charlie Loomis sweeping on day 2. Steve Smith and Maxx were at the back of the pack as usual dishing up encouragement, fuel and trailer space as required. Thanks All!!

The Adventure Moto Ride left Bathurst on Thursday Morning, and the Mighty XR460/4 proved a little tough to get started, I did bring a second battery and eventually it fired up and we were ready to depart, I started to smell petrol and looked down and it was draining out quite quckly, so I turned off the fuel tap and rode until it coughed and turned it back on again. This happen a few times but eventually it stopped as we left the town of Bathurst and headced towards Ophir.

It was a great ride and apart from nearly collecting 2 deaf Kangaroo's, well they must have been deaf cause the XR460/4 aint exactly quiet, the ride was well planned and the cornerman system worked a treat. We stopped up behind Wellington at Wolfies farm and had a late breakfast of Bacon and egg rolls, Scones coffee and Cheescake to keep us full of energy.

The ride ino Wellington, was again on great dirt roads past Mumble and some Fuel.
A quick run up through Guerie and the Old Dubo Road and into Dubbo from South Dubbo and a stop for lunch.
After being refreshed we headed west from Dubbo the back way to Narromine, then onto Trangie when the clouds opened up and a little storm arrived for a wet ride to Nyngan.

We had a few DNF's with the PE400 and the KTM-DR250 having a few issues. A feed at the Nyngan RSL Club and then into bed for a well earnt rest. Woken at around 6am to the PE400 being started and revved, dont know if the other resident of the Motel were impressed and Mike rode it up the street to clear it out, he headed west out of town when the muffler fell off, Mike had to go back and find it and when riding back ito town a local with a 3 metre length of Garden hose came chasing Mike up the main street. He ducked the hose and snuck back up the other end of town and into the motel and turned off the bike.

Day to breifing was at the Nyngan Caravan Park, and we headed up the tar to Coolabah to get fuel, we then turned West about 1 k up the road, then straight ahead to the Cobar - Bourke Road, then Left right Left again and heading out to the Louth - Bourke Road 22k's from Louth. The second half of the riders regrouped a bit there and Fuel was starting to run a bit low.

We made it into Bourke and it was heating up. We had lunch at the Port 'O' Bourke Hotel, who kept the Kitchen open so we could all get a feed. After lunch was the refuel and ride out to Comeroo. My back and coccyx had had enough, so I tossed the key for the XR460/4 to Steve who rode it out to Comeroo. He left with a big grin on his face too!!

A little up the road, say 50 k's on a dirt patch between 2 tar stretches we saw some flassing lights and everyone stopped. 2 riders down, with a Roo taking out one postie and the shunted postie taking the other down the second one. Lefty took off back towards Bourke to get reception to ring the Ambulance and both riders were taken away and spent 2 nights at Bourke Hospital. with Broken ribs hands and other associated grazes and contusions.

While waiting there a Toyota with 3 bikes pulled up It was the Pilot Air riders and Alec from the ACT who was ridng with OldDogs crew hit some some sand and went over the bars and broke his shoulder, they headed back to Bourke and were told he need an op to straighten it out and they took him back to Canberra to get it fixed.

When the Ambulance left we headed along the Bourke - Hungerford Road towards Fords Bridge, then onto the worst road of the trip with massive corrugations and rough conditions. We turned right and Yantabulla and then 20k's to Comeroo.

Then we had some serious fun!!!

More Pics to come

Pezz_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:44 AM   #327
TB650
Would be Adventurer

Oddometer: 735
Scrapheap photos

Random photos from the 2013 Scrapheap

Andrew on his Yamaha SB250, Andrew is a paraplegic. Check his home made helmet cam

Andrews catcher his son Ryan. Ryan’s job is to try and stay in front of Andrew and catch him when he stops. Great effort and a great son

A nice guy who I am sorry his name fails me. He rides a BMW lives in Newcastle and will soon be an old bull

Wolfie and Rach made bacon and egg rolls, scones and cuppas for us all at their place between Bathurst and Wellington. Cheers guys really hit the spot. They wouldn’t take a cent saying it was their Scrapheap donation

Farm life

Random art shots while waiting somewhere

Two posties that didn’t make it. The two older blokes from Wauchope bit the dirt 44kms out of Bourke after one got cleaned up by a roo then hitting the other taking his mate out! Broken ribs, hand and arm I beilive was on the list of injuires plus more. Both got picked up and bought home by Toes. Toes also repacked the trailer to get the guys bikes on, top effort Toes.

My bike at Cameroo

Lefty’s at Cameroo

Supporters everywhere, purple is the new the new??? It’s the 2013 Scrapheap colour

Toaster on the right there

Old Safari and Baja legends never die they ride to Cameroo

For a place with no phone range it became a hot spot when Lefty and Steve fixed the mobile booster

The locals watched the tourists with interest

The tent where it all happened

Andrews special 250 was on its 2nd Scrapheap carrying the wheel chair guys, it was showing the abuse and needed some welding

Pilot Air a major supporter of the Scrapheap and Down syndrome. Their stickers could be seen everywhere

The water heater of one of the shower blocks. Yup wood heated

Random

Toes was kept in a gage or should of been :laugh:

Nice bike

Boony

Damus and the mighty DR250

Air filters work for their money out there, Damus being the pro he is doing his.

Boony and the greatest bike he will ever ride

Random

Toes looking after everyone else carting their gear, willing to go back to Bourke to get the postie blokes if needed. A true old bull performance

Lefty tested the latest DR

Why did the SB250 frame break? Here is Ryan testing the welds

We took the kids and Salina down to the heated artisan bore natural spring about 13 kms away

All the meals were cooked here, fires ran up and the coals collected and put under the plates by this lady (Moc’s wife sorry missed her name) Fantastic food and a great effort

Scrappers

My boys had a ball and were well behaved considering the time they spent in the car, Lochie my eldest on the right was a trooper that worked endlessly helping me and everyone else.

Lefty swept on his own on Thursday, here we are at the bikes on the presentation night Saturday

The brains trust from the ride out,

Random

Pezz and the mighty 460 four

Umm whats doing here

Steve (Adv Moto Fame) drove his car out for no other reason other than to support this cause, dragged dead people and bikes out and back. Supplied fuel, carried other people’s jerry cans, looked after the photographer donated prizes and more this guy doesn’t stop.

Toes, mighty effort helping everybody and carting their gear

Bastard was up to no good in these pictures

Lefty swept, lead and went for the ambulance when required. Helps and never complains just gets it done. Cheers Champ

Charlie, welcome to the outback cobber! Swept with Mick thanks guys (sorry didn’t have a close up of you Mick)

Sorry the photos are a bit more personal than a normal ride report, but for me it isn’t about the bikes or the riding so much as it’s about the people that just get out and do it for the event and the charity. They aren’t necessarily in the photos here they just get on with it, do it without the chest beating its very humbling what they they do. They help have fun and support a great cause. I would like to thank them, cheers guys.

TB
Old 04-02-2013, 02:00 AM   #328
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Part 2

Old 04-02-2013, 02:07 AM   #329
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Any Guess's who this is and what is he drinking

Old 04-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #330
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

well, its OldDog and it wouldn't surprise me if he was drinking a fluffy duck!