Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #31
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by micknmeld View Post
I was originally going to ride a 1968 CT90 in the 2013 Scrapheap Adventure ride but once I found out, it was way out west next year, I decided I needed something with a bit more go about it.

Good one Mick.......which remionds me i was going to get a wheel off you, i better plan a small trip over your way soonish!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #32
dodirt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
southwest vic

anyone from southwest vis keen on heading up to scrapheap ride??????????
dodirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #33
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer: 711
there may be another scrapper heading my way.......

I've got a few ideas for how my current scrapper, the Scare Chair might morph ever so slightly for SAR4, and I'm interested in a bike in Caringbah in Sydney, any chance someone from down that way could have a look for me?
buckscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #34
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Oddometer: 3,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckscreek View Post
I've got a few ideas for how my current scrapper, the Scare Chair might morph ever so slightly for SAR4, and I'm interested in a bike in Caringbah in Sydney, any chance someone from down that way could have a look for me?
Have any luck Joe,

Im out of action until Monday

do tell whats on your mind

Pezz_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:49 AM   #35
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Bump, and a little pic of progress so far on the mighty XR600. New rings and gaskets in the engine then it's been thrown into the frame. It took quite a bit to get the wiring harness sorted and get some spark, but finally this evening success! All i need now is a decent carby, so if you have one gathering dust in the shed let me know!

Old 10-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #36
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezz_gs View Post
Have any luck Joe,

Im out of action until Monday

do tell whats on your mind
Hi Pezz,

No luck with getting the bike in Caringbah looked at yet,but no panic at this stage, I've still got to finalise negotiations with the Minister for Finance and Domestic Harmony. The bike is another K100, possibly in better condition than mine, which now needs a few parts and although they're not major they could cost more than another complete early K-bike (front wheel, brake master cylinder, switch blocks, shock absorber, etc). Amazingly, both the rear view mirrors on the Scare Chair survived our crash despite the right 'bar being bent 90 degrees from a short but desperate slide down the road on its side prior to the rollover!

So, I don't have anything too outrageous on my mind, just rebuild the Scare Chair, but I am still chasing some series 3 Landrover body parts if anyone can help close to Maitland/Singleton/Newcastle?

Regards,

joe
buckscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #37
Rockman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #38
colm
Hopefull

Oddometer: 110
Have we got your attention yet?
colm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:36 AM   #39
tHEtREV
tEAM iDIOT

Oddometer: 6,870
I picked up my bike on Friday.

A TT350 and it came with a TT250 basket case.

The 350 was missing its compliance plate and had a crack in the frame where the right foot peg bolts on so I swapped everything over to the 250 frame.

Main problem now is the lack of any kind of wiring harness, and what annoys me is that I through out parts of an old TT250 a few months ago, including it's wiring harness.

But it seems to run really well so I am happy so far.

Total money spent so far $425, more than I would have liked, but I really wanted a TT350.

KDX Super Fan!

My Spot HERE (active and on a trip).
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #40
colm
Hopefull

Oddometer: 110
Wanted Wanted Wanted

To beg borrow or steal.
Team Inverell are looking for a few parts to finish their 2013 scrappers and to take on the ride.

Honda CT 125/185 ag parts such as,

Spare 6 volt electrics
Fuel tank rubber mounts
Front carry rack
Fork seals
or any other spare parts you may have laying around.(general thought is that we may need a few)
Complete bikes going or not considered if in reasonable driving distance of Inverell.

PM me if you can help.

Col
colm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #41
micknmeld
Always in trouble

Oddometer: 66
Update

It is always a great moment when you have been working on an old bike and you finally press the starter button and it fires and runs sweetly! Not even a hint of smoke from the exhaust or the slightest rattle from the engine!

Thanks to a new float needle, that I had to give our Honda dealer my first born in exchange for, I have stemmed the flow of fuel from the overflow. A special mention goes to Horri a freind from New Zealand for his tip on using a strand of wire off a wire brush to clean the small hole in the pilot jet. I had searched my shed high and low looking for something to clean it with and completely overlooked the humble wire brush!

I still haven’t used Brianhare’s CDI repair technique yet, it is on the to do list. It is still getting spark after I bashed the CDI with a screwdriver (another of Brian’s suggestions).

I got the rear shock cleaned up and back in after greasing the linkage bearings and borrowed the seat off my other NX just to get an idea how she is going to look.

I had a spare XR600 front guard kicking around, so I though I might go for the high guard look on this beast and do away with the fairing for that naked look.

One of the exhaust cans has several rust holes in it, making it all but unrepairable, I couldn’t believe my luck yesterday when I logged onto ebay and there was a set for sale in Sydney for $55.00! I grabbed those quick smart! Thanks to TB for offering to pick them up for me.

I got it going and stopping so I couldn't help myself but take it for a test ride around the yard. I am happy with its progress so far considering I originally bought it as spare parts for my other NX.

It is looking rough as guts though, it suits the Scrapheap theme though.

I also mucked around with a few fairings I have kicking around in the shed. It makes her a little more presentable.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #42
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Hey btREV, Just got the carby, thanks mate much appreciated! I'll give it a clean up and throw it on the beast when i can.

Cheers

OD
Old 11-05-2012, 02:16 AM   #43
tHEtREV
tEAM iDIOT

Just got it?

I sent the bloody the express post last monday afternoon...

I payed extra for the express so you would have it well and truly before the weekend.

At least Hunsta got the non urgent parts I had been promising him for months the next day.

So does it look like the right one?

KDX Super Fan!

Old 11-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #44
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Bloody hell, Sorry tREV didn't mean ta be a rude bastard, didn;t go back and check after i posted did i? Yeah so dunno what happened re: carby but I was still impressed at how fast ya got it too me. Its a beauty too, it's not quite the same as the one that came with the bike but the jets etc are all about the same size. Its bolted to the bike now i just gotta get the bitch to fire

How are your TT's progressing?
Old 11-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #45
tHEtREV
tEAM iDIOT

Have a bit of time on my hands so I'm doing a bit of work on it.

I butchered an a KLR250 wiring harness that I had laying around and I'm in the final stages of completing the wiring harness.

My indicators and brake switches just arrived so I can finish most of the electrical work, and hope that the charging system is OK and works with the 12v system.

I'm hoping it should be ready for a roadworthy in the next few weeks, and then the real fun begins...

I'm aiming to get a decent bike on the road for as little as possible, so far it has been $425 for the bikes, about $45 for brakes switches and indicators, headlight, tail light and switchgear I had siting around so they cost nothing, so it owes me about $470 so far...

KDX Super Fan!