User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #391
zeegman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 342
Small Rok Straps

Use Rok-straps - they don't come off, the length is adjustable, and they keep they tension on, and qwik disconnet to get off. Perfect motorcycle straps.

http://rokstraps.com/moto.html

Never using bungees again after all the crap I lost over the years - including small gas cans like yours.

See you on the COBDR or at the KTM Rally

Mike Z
Black 2006 ADV 950.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecicle View Post
I know. Working on a better solution.
zeegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #392
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet View Post
I dunno about that bungee cord there, Orangecicle. . Perhaps a web strap or cam loop would keep that can on for more than a mile in offroad mode.
Well, I can confirm that the stupid looking bungee cords have been "field" tested:

But you are right. I'll find a better solution.
Orangecicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #393
JRod152
will work for tires

Oddometer: 204
CO BDR fuel stops

[QUOTE=Orangecicle;22121722]I was a little worried about fuel for the COBDR, so I found a way to add a gallon.

[CENTER]

FWIW... COBDR fuel stops

Longest stretch to Regular unleaded: 88 mi.
Longest stretch to Premium: 121 mi.

(Info taken from "official" Butler COBDR map)

I know these things are thirsty, but I'd bet you'll be fine on range. OTOH, I don't know about your route to & from.

See you on the trail.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #394
Region Riley
rally kit widow

Oddometer: 3,412
Just be careful you don't end up with this...

Old 08-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #395
cjracer OP
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,950
Now that the Central ADV Rally is over and I'm back. We're working to finish final prep for CJD rally stuff and bike prep. I'm heading out Aug 31st, So I'll have info posted before then...

Just come and hang out, it will be fun all day long.
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #396
SuchesRider
Just Do It!

Oddometer: 1,669
Thanks to ABUCK99 I am able to attend the rally. He will be able to trailer out my 990 from Georgia to Steamboat Springs. However since I am flying there and back, I am still trying to figure out what to do with my bike after the rally.

I figure I have a few options:

Ship it home
Find someone who can trailer it back to Georgia (will pay)
Ride it home (anyone riding back to the SE after the Rally?)
Sell it
Store it

Please let me know if you can assist me with one of these options.

Thanks
SR
Old 08-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #397
zgfiredude
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 760
Tell me more about the bike, I have a good friend who is in the market............you can PM me with the details.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #398
SE Steve
Super Noob

Oddometer: 167
Anyone rideing from Houston ? Thinking about riding to Houston after the rally.
SE Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #399
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,096
Anyone doing the COBDR heading south, after the Rally?

Qui Desiderant Pacem Preparate Bellum
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #400
krumgrinder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
I will be heading south Sun/Mon as I've never ridden 550; was also hoping to mix in some dirt on my way down to that and on to Taos. Was not planning on doing the COBDR, strictly speaking, but did order up a Butler map of CO for mixed surface ride planning.
2002 Concours (sold)
krumgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #401
zgfiredude
Studly Adventurer

Calling CJ!!!!

Do you have a "Schedule of Events" for the pre-party as yet? Nothing too specific required, but when do you arrive, and what day is the first "Clinic".

Thanks I'm just planning my routes for the week, a little.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #402
adv-wolf
n00b

Oddometer: 6
not going to be doing the COBDR from north to south , but will be doing Cobdr from south to north on the Sept 8th
then after the rally then will be heading north thru Wy, and then both Dakotas over to ID then Canada then down
thru the WAbdr from North to south and then home to NorCal, when ever I get there around Sept 19th-20th
adv-wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #403
cjracer OP
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgfiredude View Post
Calling CJ!!!!

Do you have a "Schedule of Events" for the pre-party as yet? Nothing too specific required, but when do you arrive, and what day is the first "Clinic".

Thanks I'm just planning my routes for the week, a little.
Hi All!

We'll be there Tues night, no idea when. We'll be finishing up our own ride in.

Plan to start around 9am Wed and Thurs. Door prizes around 4:30pm on Thurs. This event will not take anyone away for the KTM National Rally events. Sat- Beer Keg Party at Powercell camp site.

Each day we are planning to post days events and times at the CJD TENT area for those at the campground the check out in case anything changes last minute.

Working on details tonight as I fit this in between building bikes. The CJD Compound has been a busy place of change these last few weeks, so I'm sorry this info has been lacking. Only so much one body can handle before I expire.

There will be Dual Sport related companies there to talk to any riders interested to give feedback or find out about new stuff that might help them in there travels. This list will be posted asap. Products talks/ Q&A Session, Demos. We are working to fill in any dead spots or time with Camp Tech and Bike stuff as need be.

Be there at 9am Wed to start, break for lunch around noon. Start back up around 1pm. End around 5pm each day, with plenty of Misc stuff spilling into the evening for those wanting to hang out. We've never had an event that people have not picked up some info.

This is an informal, grass roots work shop/get together that we are doing to help riders leave the trailer and hotels behind and get out and explore on motorcycles. This is not a school, what I offer is my personal info and what works for me, it may not be the best way or the only way but sharing ideas can help everyone gain skills faster with less of a learning curve. Most of this will be a short demo, then a Q/A session. Focusing on helping riders at the event to gain info/tips. This is not an event for me to work on your bike, but to help with travel/ gear/ bike prep tips as we go over our bikes after a several 1000 mile ride to the event.

Hope to see you all there.
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #404
zgfiredude
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracer View Post
Hi All!

We'll be there Tues night, no idea when. We'll be finishing up our own ride in.

Plan to start around 9am Wed and Thurs. Door prizes around 4:30pm on Thurs. This event will not take anyone away for the KTM National Rally events. Sat- Beer Keg Party at Powercell camp site.

Each day we are planning to post days events and times at the CJD TENT area for those at the campground the check out in case anything changes last minute.

Working on details tonight as I fit this in between building bikes. The CJD Compound has been a busy place of change these last few weeks, so I'm sorry this info has been lacking. Only so much one body can handle before I expire.

There will be Dual Sport related companies there to talk to any riders interested to give feedback or find out about new stuff that might help them in there travels. This list will be posted asap. Products talks/ Q&A Session, Demos. We are working to fill in any dead spots or time with Camp Tech and Bike stuff as need be.

Be there at 9am Wed to start, break for lunch around noon. Start back up around 1pm. End around 5pm each day, with plenty of Misc stuff spilling into the evening for those wanting to hang out. We've never had an event that people have not picked up some info.

This is an informal, grass roots work shop/get together that we are doing to help riders leave the trailer and hotels behind and get out and explore on motorcycles. This is not a school, what I offer is my personal info and what works for me, it may not be the best way or the only way but sharing ideas can help everyone gain skills faster with less of a learning curve. Most of this will be a short demo, then a Q/A session. Focusing on helping riders at the event to gain info/tips. This is not an event for me to work on your bike, but to help with travel/ gear/ bike prep tips as we go over our bikes after a several 1000 mile ride to the event.

Hope to see you all there.
Perfect, and thanks for everything so far, and everything to come! Really looking forward to it, and the first beer is on me!!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #405
zeegman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 342
COBDR/KTM Rally/UTBDR

Quote:
Hi Ramjet,

doing COBDR South to North to KTM Rally then partial UTBDR North to South (with White RIM trail thrown in). Not doing Lockhart Basin North to South - leaving that to the Pros.

Hope to see you on the trailor at the Rally. CJ and gang too.

Mike Z
zeegman is offline   Reply With Quote