Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
OkieTom OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 630
Zumo 665 & wireless headset ???

What headset is everyone using with their Zumo 665 ?? I am using a Cardo G4 and am not impressed. Looking for a new headset and would like to know what works best.
OkieTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
fitenfyr
Dirt is Good

Oddometer: 422
I have used my SMH-10 with my 660 and have been happy with the headset part.
The GPS flakes out a bunch though and locks up with the Bluetooth on.
2005 F650GS
http://www.jasonstiffey.com
fitenfyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
SaharaJp99
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
I use the Sena as well. The original version of the Sena worked great, but my "new upgraded" unit is just ok. Once it is connected in stereo it works awesome. However, sometimes it will take 3-10 resets to get it to connect properly in stereo. By resets I mean either, powering down the Sena and powering it back on, powering up and down the zumo, or by disabling the bluetooth and re-enabling it. I have not found a way to consistently get it to connect in stereo, but usually a repetition of all of the above gets it to eventually connect. I've talked to Sena about it and have tried all their solutions and it has not improved. I'm thinking about keeping my original unit and sending the upgraded one back. Overall though, I'm pleased with the product.
SaharaJp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #4
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 2,937
I've had good luck with the Blinc M1. Just using it for music.
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
Deerhead
Be Safe Out There!

Oddometer: 369
I bought the new Schuberth SRC system and I'll let y'all know.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:39 PM   #6
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1 View Post
What headset is everyone using with their Zumo 665 ?? I am using a Cardo G4 and am not impressed. Looking for a new headset and would like to know what works best.
Impressions tend to be rather subjective. What was it about the G4 and zumo 665 combination that you specifically didn't like?

The Schuberth SRC-S and the G4 use the same electronics and I had very good operation between my zumo 660 and SRC-S.

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:20 AM   #7
OkieTom OP
Studly Adventurer

Sent my headset back to Cardo and they are replacing it, will see in a few days if that helps. Talked to Robert at Cardo and he was more than helpful, he went way out of his way to help fix my problem. Finally somebody that understands what customer service is....

OkieTom screwed with this post 11-04-2011 at 05:58 PM
Old 11-11-2011, 07:30 PM   #8
OkieTom OP
Studly Adventurer

Got my replacement headset and finally had a chance to try it out. After a couple of rides I must say that it works GREAT!! I couldn't be happier. The only thing better than the headset is the customer service that I got from Robert at Cardo, he went way above and beyond what he had to do to resolve my issues. I have to say that I would highly recommend doing business with Cardo Scala. I think that there are many good headsets on the market today but I don't think that you will find anyone with better customer service than I received from Robert at Cardo.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
duncanmac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Cardo and Zumo 665

Hi Okie

Did you resolve your issues satisfactorily?

I have a Cardo Q2 which is paired to my iPhone. I use it for phone calls (make and receive), music, radio and of course to talk to my wife on the back. (She used to punch me in the kidneys, so what an improvement!)

Now I am researching the Zumo 665, for the specific benefit of having access to the XM satellite services, and more particularly, weather and traffic; for our trip around the US next year. My perfect world will be if I have access to the features I presently enjoy AND can receive the turn-by-turn voice instructions from the Zumo.

My research so far indicates that there may be issues with this and if I make the decision to acquire the 665, it is at least on a fully informed basis.

I have emailed Garmin in the US (the Australian office is hopeless) and hope to receive a reply within the stated three business days.

I have also emailed Cardo, and they are quick! Their reply I quote below in full just in case the additional information might prove helpful to others.

Any how, your personal experience is of interest to me.

Best regards

Duncan

"Thank you for contacting the Cardo Systems Support Center.

We have not tested all of the GPS systems on the market. However, provided your GPS device includes the ability to transmit to a headset using the Bluetooth(r) Handsfree gateway protocol and accepts 0000 as its passkey, the scala rider(r) line of headsets will work just fine with your GPS. The available features and abilities may vary depending on the make and model of your GPS.

The Garmin Zumo 665 is compatible with the scala rider Q2 Pro but you cannot have a cell phone and GPS paired with the Q2 Pro at the same time. You would need to pair the cell phone thru the Garmin Zumo 665 while it's paired to the Q2 Pro in order to be able to receive phone call audio to the headset.

At this point we can confirm scala rider compatibility - among others - with:

* TOMTOM Rider 1st Edition (except for scala-rider G4 and SRCS)
* TOMTOM Rider 2nd Edition
* TOMTOM Urban Rider
* Garmin Zumo 550
* Garmin Zumo 660
* Garmin Zumo 665
* Garmin Zumo 220 (does not allow for the use of a cell phone at the same time as the GPS is in use with the headset that is paired to the GPS)

* Garmin Zumo 350LM (does not allow for the use of a cell phone at the same time as the GPS is in use with the headset that is paired to the GPS)

Please feel free to contact us if we can assist with any other questions.

Best Regards,

Julian Moriarty
Technical Support
Cardo Systems, Inc."
duncanmac is offline   Reply With Quote